Home The Bridge

In your opinion, which recent DB screwup is worse?

2»

Comments

• The Captain's Oaf - The compounded issue of the event bonus and the compensation lottery.
    I finished somewhere in the 1100's pouring nearly 6k chornos back , 5k if you count the go cew on this bone and shut up 1k we got during the event, I ask politely to be refunded some of those chronos since i wasted a ton of prefarmed materials and it on that event , i can usually hit sub 700 easy with just what i get from voyages and what i have prefarmed. Well db screws up the initial compensation and CS tells me well no you ain't getting squat .... and ends the mail with a "happy trails(that everyone reads : go fork you'r self) " signature...

Feeling the love here :disappointed:
  • The Captain's Oaf - The compounded issue of the event bonus and the compensation lottery.
    But the M. Picard crap was a good one as well ...
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yargate - Polywater Yar having stats nerfed shortly after we won/bought her
    I voted Yargate, as I believe the bait and switch was much more deplorable as a malicious act than a series of poorly managed mistakes. And I wanted to put my vote into something tangible to the folks that won’t read the comments.

My actual worse foul ups are, worst first:
    - ANDgate
    - Mirror Crusher Event
    - Yargate
    - Oafgate
    - CS in general. Please DB, listen to the players and when something isn’t fair, address it properly. Or even better, be pro-active and stop these issues happening in the first place.
  • Other - Please specify
    "We're sorry" expedition tickets over Christmas... (I think it was Christmas anyway, I've tried to forget about it...Dear $Deity....

I still have those tickets in my inbox, hopefully expeditions return one day!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to say Polywater Yar. She was intentionally nerfed by DB.
    Let’s fly!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    Destroying Augment collection with a shoehorned Engineered trait (for a character nobody cares about) because someone in DB is a complete idiot.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yar didn't affect me (I had pre-determined that I wasn't interested in her), so that was that.

Captain's Oath did affect me. I finished 57th, so I put up with a LOT of frustrating grinding (though not nearly as much as 56 of my closest friends!). Ironically, because of the flattened bonuses, I spent way more time and resources on the event than I otherwise would have, since I figured maybe I had a shot at top 25 since the 5/5 crew weren't much better than my 1/5 crew. Strategic choice, but it didn't work out. (Until of course it did, in phase 3 - the compensation phase.)

With that said - Yar was worse, for reasons well-stated by others above. Captain's Oath (and similar ones preceding it) are fundamentally about sloppy process during event prep. Yar was a different animal.

On the plus side, I read on fleet chat that bonuses for the Data/Airiam event are working correctly! So ya know, there's that at least. :)
  • Yargate - Polywater Yar having stats nerfed shortly after we won/bought her
    Yargate.

How it was handled was atrocious, and it was made very obvious that the only reason DB did right was the financials were impacted enough, this was evidenced by both by the delay (hey guys! Here's last months figures... Bob, put the coffee down before I show the slides) and the sudden OTT compensation attitude when CS tends to err on the side of parsimony. I did not expect to get citations as well as refunded.

With the Captains Oath, DB were very proactive and thoughtful in how they planned compensation, they just screwed up both the implementation, and consequences of it to those who DYCs, very, very badly. They get points for having learned something though.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Destroying Augment collection with a shoehorned Engineered trait (for a character nobody cares about) because someone in DB is a complete idiot.

I wouldn't say no one cares about it. We over in the Trait Thread definitely wanted some delimiting measure which separated Augment-faction from non-Augment faction genetically/bionically enhanced individuals. It is definitely an important distinction which arose from the Augments mega-event where we all thought [Augment] meant all genetically enhanced individuals, but then Roga Danar didn't get the trait despite being augmented. So the discussion became a necessary one.

I'm personally not too concerned myself as I had the Augment collection completed before the change, so I'm grandfathered in to the bonuses I have. But I understand how some are understandably and rightfully upset. DB really should have waited to roll out this change until they had done a projected impact analysis and wired up whatever they needed to, to lessen the setbacks on players which might be affected by the change. Now below I'm going to suggest a solid fix for DB, this one is free, next time DB you gotta pay me for my business advice :p

ATTN: DB!!!!!!!!!

I'd say appropriate compensation for the Augment/Engineered trait change bungle, as it caused some players who were close to completing the collection to now be much further from doing so, would be to create a special Augment-faction pack for the portal (featuring Wrathful Khan, Joachim, Young Khan, Augment Riker, Augment Picard, Augment Commander O'Brien, Malik). Then, give everyone 10 free 10-pulls for this special pack so that they can get/fuse some of the necessary crew for the collection.

That's really the best possible way of doing this I think, especially because you can't grandfather in people who were close, that'd take so many CS tickets and coding it wouldn't be funny.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Other - Please specify
    Neither of those were particularly big problems, and they were blown out of all proportion on here.
  • Other - Please specify
    Both were really bad, selling Polywater Yar because of the ship's ability and change it later on, is as bad as making a mistake correcting a mistake.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say no one cares about it. We over in the Trait Thread definitely wanted some delimiting measure which separated Augment-faction from non-Augment faction genetically/bionically enhanced individuals. It is definitely an important distinction which arose from the Augments mega-event where we all thought [Augment] meant all genetically enhanced individuals, but then Roga Danar didn't get the trait despite being augmented. So the discussion became a necessary one.

I'm personally not too concerned myself as I had the Augment collection completed before the change, so I'm grandfathered in to the bonuses I have. But I understand how some are understandably and rightfully upset. DB really should have waited to roll out this change until they had done a projected impact analysis and wired up whatever they needed to, to lessen the setbacks on players which might be affected by the change. Now below I'm going to suggest a solid fix for DB, this one is free, next time DB you gotta pay me for my business advice :p

I'd say appropriate compensation for the Augment/Engineered trait change bungle, as it caused some players who were close to completing the collection to now be much further from doing so, would be to create a special Augment-faction pack for the portal (featuring Wrathful Khan, Joachim, Young Khan, Augment Riker, Augment Picard, Augment Commander O'Brien, Malik). Then, give everyone 10 free 10-pulls for this special pack so that they can get/fuse some of the necessary crew for the collection.

That's really the best possible way of doing this I think, especially because you can't grandfather in people who were close, that'd take so many CS tickets and coding it wouldn't be funny.

Not sure what you mean, they changed the collection to Engineered, so everyone qualifies including Airiam. Seems like a good fix.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what you mean, they changed the collection to Engineered, so everyone qualifies including Airiam. Seems like a good fix.

Yes ex post facto, but usually DB’s tried and true method is to dig their heels in and refuse to budge on a change they made.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.