Home The Bridge

40 consecutive Gauntlet wins

and still no sign of Deliverance man.......
Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017

Comments

• A streak of 40? Or 40 1st place finishes? Back in the day I had a couple of 70+ streaks that didn't win me Locutus, that's the way it is!
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    A streak of 40? Or 40 1st place finishes? Back in the day I had a couple of 70+ streaks that didn't win me Locutus, that's the way it is!

I had three 50+ during Guinan's run. No Whoopies from those streaks.
  • I've gotten 3 Caretakers in the past week.

RNGsus be praised.

no wonder I can't get one you have them all!!!!
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • That's the things about RNGs. People have a very distorted idea of what random means. See apple shuffle https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/why-random-shuffle-feels-far-from-random-10066621.html
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah those end boxes are usually absolute garbage. Supposed to be best chance but it seems it is only best chance of getting terrible blue rare items you don't want or need. Best way seems to be in the streak boxes of 3 and 6.
    Let’s fly!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the end boxes have been a mixed bag, but no different than the streak boxes. I've had end boxes drop multiple 4* items (and a Caretaker), and I've had streak boxes drop blue trainers on a 54 streak. From my experience, the end boxes (at least in the top 10) are skewed toward better stuff. Not always useful or needed stuff, but at least it's a better class of garbage.
    Yeah those end boxes are usually absolute garbage. Supposed to be best chance but it seems it is only best chance of getting terrible blue rare items you don't want or need. Best way seems to be in the streak boxes of 3 and 6.

Of course, the 3 and 6 streaks are the most common so.........
    Guess it depends on your play style. It is all conjecture until we are told the odds of the different boxes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess it depends on your play style. It is all conjecture until we are told the odds of the different boxes.
    You somehow get to a nine streak without hitting three or six first?
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just celebrated 1000 Gauntlet wins. Still no Legendary Cards, ever.

"Man, Flemming; The Gauntlet really hates you!"
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It's all about prize boxes, not wins. :)
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gauntlet took extraordinary precautions this round to ensure I didn't open one single box.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    I got a Caretaker after 9000 rounds this year. Now I'm at 12.000 and nothing. The chance must increase with each round, what we have here is simply bad design.
  • edited November 2018
    AMDG wrote: »
    I got a Caretaker after 9000 rounds this year. Now I'm at 12.000 and nothing. The chance must increase with each round, what we have here is simply bad design.

Are we talking about the loot box system or gauntlet in general? Heck saying the entire game is *sort of* (dont wanna be to negative) design wouldnt be too bad of a stretch right now!
  • To even things up a bit I have to admit that I have The Caretaker at 3/5 and have only ever done 2695 runs ever (started in early 2017 stopped in the summer and started again june this year). I don't have any special tactics. If the only people that say anything are the ones that are unlucky then you get an unbalanced view of the odds of the gauntlet.
  • The only thing that is certain is that if you don't open any boxes you won't get a Caretaker, everything else is just odds.
  • All of mine Gauntlet cards have come off of 3 streaks and one 11th place finish box. I've gone as high as a 63 streak.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Kept a streak going once for the entire gauntlet. Spent so much dilithium. Received so many 3* trainers and 1* portals.

Have one each of Banjo Man, Guinan, and Locutus, pretty sure all came from streaks of 6 or less.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • 12,000 rounds played, and 5 cards. 6000 rounds during the Whoopi’s Reign and ZERO didn’t get a single one. First 2 weeks of Banjo Man I got 3 and just recently got a 4th. 3 cards from 3 or 6 streaks and 2 from end of round top 10 boxes. More proof of absolutely nothing.
  • I got my 5th Caretaker last night after like a 6th place finish maybe ..in any event, I got 3 to open. He is my first gauntlet only guy to get immortalized so far...… I only got 3 Guinons and 1 Locutus.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »

Are we talking about the loot box system or gauntlet in general? Heck saying the entire game is *sort of* (dont wanna be to negative) design wouldnt be too bad of a stretch right now!

The game can be described as "The House always wins". Bad design all around instead of logic. My guess is lack of money in the beginning, after paying for the Star Trek IP.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Just gotta say, @Mr. Lincoln is absolutely on fire in this thread!
    I find it fascinating that people have such a devout and unshakable belief in any ordered and reliable strategy for a game system so completely and utterly governed by chaos.

The only winning strategy for me is remaining a f2p. You can't argue with results.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    I got my 5th Caretaker last night after like a 6th place finish maybe ..in any event, I got 3 to open. He is my first gauntlet only guy to get immortalized so far...… I only got 3 Guinons and 1 Locutus.
    Awesome Congrats. I only have one caretaker, but then I had 6 Guinans so cant really complain.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    17458 rounds. No Gold. Almost stopped playing gauntlet by now. Utterly unfair.
  • The most I have seen was a player around 19,500 rounds without a single gold in the Gauntlet. He just won a Caretaker.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

You somehow get to a nine streak without hitting three or six first?
    What I mean is that people could just go for the high point risky matchups and not get very many streak boxes, thereby getting more end gauntlet boxes than streak boxes in gauntlet. To get the streaks sometimes you have to settle for easy to win matchups that only give 10 points and fatigue your crew or you can ignore streaks and go for tougher matchups that are not guaranteed as the 10 point is but 70-80% chance for 90 points. Sometimes I go for streaks other times I just go for points. Sometimes I play middle ground. Lots of different gauntlet styles.
    Let’s fly!
  • 13k rounds and 1 guinan and 3 caretakers

Slightly off topic i remember when i finally got my first gold box through streaks and got 3* trainers, I was like really that wasn't worth it.
  • I am wondering if The Caretaker is a "diminishing return" type item. The percentage of him dropping goes down increasingly the closer we get to changing Gauntlet main character?

I only say this because between the forums and fleet chat, Caretaker seems to be virtually impossible to get lately, (except for @Peachtree Rex!) where a couple months ago he seemed to be dropping a few times a week.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...