Home The Bridge

We need "unfreeze crew tokens"

2»

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't address a player's ability to accumulate merits, or not. The game is about resource management - it's up to you to figure out how to do it best for your situation.

As for the burdens of unfreezing... DB puts out the event announcement nearly a week in advance. That gives you 5-6 days to unfreeze 2 crew/day at 250 merits/day. Is that a drain on a merit stockpile? Yes. But I refer you to paragraph #1 - resource management.

Finally, yes of course I would prefer that unfreezing has no costs. The way I think of it is this: when frozen, the crew are really re-assigned to a starbase somewhere. When you unfreeze, you are essentially asking Starfleet to put that crew member on a long-range shuttle or transporter and send them to you. That costs Starfleet resources to do, right? So that cost is represented as the merit cost.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, I guess, spending to get good gauntlet crew, which gives you a better shot at merits.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The merit cost for unfreezing has gone down several times since I started playing. With careful planning it only costs a couple hundred a day to get the event crew unfrozen if you stagger them out.

I used to unfreeze and refreeze three cadets daily to juggle crew slots...trust me the current merit cost is a bargain.
  • kapu wrote: »
    Throw in some more slots too :DD

Do you take advantage of the Crew Slots that are offered when DB offers them?

That is how I have over 455 crew slots for my Captain. :)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DB could do away with cryo altogether and just let everyone have unlimited slots. That’d be a nice Xmas present (hint hint!). I’d rather that than another currency and they’ve had plenty of time to work on a solution to the technical resources issue.
    Hey now! There is already an established outlet for requests to Star Trek Santa! ;)

• RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think DB could do away with cryo altogether and just let everyone have unlimited slots.

Thanks, no.

I have nearly double the amount of frozen versus (non-event) active crew. I keep my active roster tighter than necessary; I have about 35 empty slots not during events. I wouldn't relish having an extra 300 crew to scroll through when reviewing stats or especially when selecting skirmish/arena crew.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    Do you remember the times before the cryovault?

I remember those days.

Dark, dark days.
  • It isn’t a spender vs. nonspender issue. Merits are obtained through dailies, events, and the gauntlet.

That being said, it is annoying to have to pay anything to unfreeze my own crew.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...