Home The Bridge

Advice on reaching 350,000 VP by event end?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in The Bridge
Assuming 4 shuttles, of course. Honestly I think the highest I've ever scored was 275k.

Let's hope rental shuttles help.

EDIT: Obvious answer is speed-ups, I know. And don't sleep for the entire time. But looking for strategies.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can set a timer on your phone so you are alerted as soon as your shuttles come in so you don’t miss a beat
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Actually that's a good point, I don't think I've gotten any notifications from this game in a while...

I'm starting to wonder if it's just a question of having enough bonus crew. Faction events with like "all mirror characters" or all klingons are usually pretty easy - I rarely ever fail missions. In this case, we'll see...
    Wait how does being a squad leader help?
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squad leaders share a crew that the other members of the squad get to use. In turn, every time that squad members shuttle with your crew returns successful, you get 25% VP as a kickback.

So every 4K shuttle they get back with your Shran or Weyoun or whatever is worth 1K VP to your bottom line.
    Squad leaders share a crew that the other members of the squad get to use. In turn, every time that squad members shuttle with your crew returns successful, you get 25% VP as a kickback.

So every 4K shuttle they get back with your Shran or Weyoun or whatever is worth 1K VP to your bottom line.

Wow, of course I knew about the shared crew, but I had no idea there was VP coming in from that. Ace, you owe me back pay!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I e found the shuttle mission return notification is very off and on so I set my timer now
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran a simulation and doing a kickstart, running 3 hour shuttles non-stop with 9 hours overnight at 80% success rate will get you to 350k. If you're under 80% or miss shuttles, then you'll have to use speed boosts or shuttle tokens to make it up.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I ran a simulation and doing a kickstart, running 3 hour shuttles non-stop with 9 hours overnight at 80% success rate will get you to 350k. If you're under 80% or miss shuttles, then you'll have to use speed boosts or shuttle tokens to make it up.

This is exactly right. Right at just over 350k is where top 1k has been till now. Expect top 1k to be no less than 380k+ forever going forward.

Without a rework to the reward structure, expect to slave yourself to the game for 96 hours, at DB's designated starting time, irrelevant to your own schedule, to land a 1/5 crew that will 95% of the time eat a crew slot and not give anything back.

Actually that's a good point, I don't think I've gotten any notifications from this game in a while...

I'm starting to wonder if it's just a question of having enough bonus crew. Faction events with like "all mirror characters" or all klingons are usually pretty easy - I rarely ever fail missions. In this case, we'll see...

Notifications have been iffy for a while, even if edging towards more reliable. 100% broken on the android platform as of the 6.1 update.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, of course I knew about the shared crew, but I had no idea there was VP coming in from that. Ace, you owe me back pay!

It's win-win. Your leader gets extra vp, while you get an extra (hopefully) super-charged crew that allows you to potentially improve multiple shuttle success rates in each wave. In general, if you have a deep bonus crew, it seems best to be the squad leader. If you don't, let someone give you an extra powerhouse. If you're even-par with your squadmate... rock, paper, scissors. ;)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

It's win-win. Your leader gets extra vp, while you get an extra (hopefully) super-charged crew that allows you to potentially improve multiple shuttle success rates in each wave. In general, if you have a deep bonus crew, it seems best to be the squad leader. If you don't, let someone give you an extra powerhouse. If you're even-par with your squadmate... rock, paper, scissors. ;)

Deep bonus crew helps but having the existing event crew (as a result of having a deep overall crew) usually helps more as squad leader. Otherwise yes to all of that.
  • Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Don't you get some VP from failed shuttles now as well as a squad leader since the user did actually receive some small amounts of VP? So if you as a user received 800 VP, the squad leader should receive 200 VP?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure its 25%? I thought it was something lower like 10 for the shuttle they were on.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for every 4K success the downstream nets, the Squad Lead gets 1K - so I would assume that % would trickle down.

But then again, I should know better than to assume anything with this game.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep bonus crew helps but having the existing event crew (as a result of having a deep overall crew) usually helps more as squad leader. Otherwise yes to all of that.

Oh yes, I agree. Probably typed too quickly, but that was certainly in my thinking. One (or more) 3x bonus event crew and a deep pool of 2x bonus crew - - > be the squad leader and share. My point being that such a player doesn't benefit as much from having an extra shared crew to move their 90% shuttle up to 92% - they would do better to receive extra vp from the squad's activities.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was 10%. It feels like 10%. But I haven't watched closely enough, just read here. So if Frank's saying 25%, I'm going with that.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is 25%
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Assume the kickstart to 4K takes you 2 hours to accomplish. That leaves you 94 hours of event left until the buzzer hits.

If you only run 4 shuttles the entire time and use ZERO rentals - and you pass every single shuttle - and you wake up or set times to be on point and in the game every 3 hours for the second a shuttle returns, you are sending it right back out -

You only have 31 'sessions' of shuttles (with a few spare minutes added in) to get you VP. If you assume each session is worth 16k VP (4 shuttles at 4K, all 4 pass), you will end the event at 496,000 VP.

So, you can see that if you need 146k less VP than the example I just gave you, you can miss a round or two. You can also sleep. You can also fail a few shuttles because, spoiler alert, you're going to.

Being a squad leader helps, as that can add 20, 30, 50 or 100k more VP.

That assumes you quickstart to 4k. I usually just open all missions then start sending out shuttles as usual.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tcal wrote: »
    Assume the kickstart to 4K takes you 2 hours to accomplish. That leaves you 94 hours of event left until the buzzer hits.

If you only run 4 shuttles the entire time and use ZERO rentals - and you pass every single shuttle - and you wake up or set times to be on point and in the game every 3 hours for the second a shuttle returns, you are sending it right back out -

You only have 31 'sessions' of shuttles (with a few spare minutes added in) to get you VP. If you assume each session is worth 16k VP (4 shuttles at 4K, all 4 pass), you will end the event at 496,000 VP.

So, you can see that if you need 146k less VP than the example I just gave you, you can miss a round or two. You can also sleep. You can also fail a few shuttles because, spoiler alert, you're going to.

That assumes you quickstart to 4k. I usually just open all missions then start sending out shuttles as usual.

Then the first part of the answer to the op question is do a full kickstart not just open and run all with no boosts.
  • On a lazy weekend I usually reach 300,000VP which is worth 125 dilithium for the voyage extension token. With a bit of effort - doing a basic quickstart (not a full one with boosts) and using time boosts later on instead I get pretty close to 350,000VP if I get lucky on my overnights and I send 5 rounds of shuttles per day with reasonable success rates.

I am definitely going to have to work something out to guarantee 350,000VP for that final 650 dilithium premium pull, which means either using requisition tokens or logging in more regularly and using time boosts for at least one day. I will see where I am on day 3 - I'll have had a whole day of 4000VP shuttles to make an estimate on how well the shuttles are passing - before making a decision.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Then the first part of the answer to the op question is do a full kickstart not just open and run all with no boosts.

I've been late to the kickstart party. People keep mentioning it, I will ask questions, and the advice I get is to do a forum search to find out how to do it. I have done that several times and all I have been able to find is a few snipits that mentions basically what @Tcal mentioned, namely opening all the missions at once and then just running them. That is what I've been doing as it does help but I know enough to know that is not "correct". Is there a thread that actually outlines how to do it properly, and if so would someone be willing to either link it here or send me the link in a PM?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ByloBand wrote: »

I've been late to the kickstart party. People keep mentioning it, I will ask questions, and the advice I get is to do a forum search to find out how to do it. I have done that several times and all I have been able to find is a few snipits that mentions basically what @Tcal mentioned, namely opening all the missions at once and then just running them. That is what I've been doing as it does help but I know enough to know that is not "correct". Is there a thread that actually outlines how to do it properly, and if so would someone be willing to either link it here or send me the link in a PM?

There's several variations, but it all comes down to completing enough missions to reach the milestones when mission timing matches the speed boost tokens (ie: check the faction event page on the wiki to make more sense of it).

Easy approach, using the 24 total mission like we have for this event:
    - open all 24 missions
    - complete 11 missions
    - open 11 missions
    - complete 2 reopened missions with 3* time boost
    - open 2 missions
    - complete those 2 re-reopened missions with 4* time boost (edit: originally had 5* due to typo)
    - complete 9 remaining reopened missions with 3* time boost
    - complete 13 remaining original missions
    - after completing 37 missions, the next wave of missions will be at the 3500 point level and if you clear all 4, the following wave of missions will be at the max 4000 point level

Every successful missions counts as a +1, while failed missions count as -1.5. Mission difficulty (points and time) increases by tiers (check the wiki), with your total needing to hit +40 to reach the max 4000 point level.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    One slight correction, you should use 4* instead of 5* boosts for the 2 re-opened missions. 4* will give you 2 hours off which is what those missions will be.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

https://youtu.be/ovSEmNjPf24
    Let’s fly!
    Seems like, even though I'm stocked with most of the bonus crew, I'm already starting to fail 4000 VP missions. Not making it to 350k anytime soon.
  • Seems like, even though I'm stocked with most of the bonus crew, I'm already starting to fail 4000 VP missions. Not making it to 350k anytime soon.

same here. except the legendary crew, i have any dominion and andorian crew immortalised and barely have enough crew for four shuttles...
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to sidetrack this discussion, but I would to publicly thank everyone for reaching out :)
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    You will need a deep crew to take advantage of rental shuttles... it makes having more (apt) available crew worthwhile. More tactic options. I like this addition. Dont think it will break the game... we will have to see what happens the next three or four faction events
    Pol wrote: »
    You will need a deep crew to take advantage of rental shuttles... it makes having more (apt) available crew worthwhile. More tactic options. I like this addition. Dont think it will break the game... we will have to see what happens the next three or four faction events

If we were doing an "all mirror crew are bonus" or something crazy like that, I could see the appeal. But for now it's mostly for the whales to fight each other.