Home The Bridge

Advice on reaching 350,000 VP by event end?

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also raises the question whether faction events will remain 3 featured factions or will there still be 2 or 1 faction variants still being scheduled?

If so it will be a wee bit hard to get to the top threshold without going heavy on the boosts or tokens.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • .I think time boosts will still be the most crucial way to ramp up VP. Four tokens every event isn't going to add up to much if you don't have the crew to man them. I've got a solid crew this event and I'm still getting failures, a fifth shuttle going out at 75% (without boost) is epic for me, but quite honestly I'm going to save them up for a very special occasion. I have time boosts if I don't look like I'm getting to where I want to be, same as before.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    One slight correction, you should use 4* instead of 5* boosts for the 2 re-opened missions. 4* will give you 2 hours off which is what those missions will be.

thanks for noticing my typo - I've corrected it!
  • I’m at 157k right now...I'm trying to decide if it’s worth using the free shuttle requisitions plus boosts and shooting for the 350k or just being done. I was able to crew 5 shuttles overnight...two with boosts the other three with doublers. It’ll be tight to make it.
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    .I think time boosts will still be the most crucial way to ramp up VP. Four tokens every event isn't going to add up to much if you don't have the crew to man them.

This sums up my strategy pretty well. I have enough bonus crew that I've successfully run a set of 4k shuttles with time bonuses a few times. I've only rented one shuttle to compensate for a kickstart miscalculation. Less than halfway through I have 207k vp.

I'm saving tokens for the mega, when presumably we'll have a gluten of event crew.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’m at 157k right now...I'm trying to decide if it’s worth using the free shuttle requisitions plus boosts and shooting for the 350k or just being done. I was able to crew 5 shuttles overnight...two with boosts the other three with doublers. It’ll be tight to make it.

If you can run and guarantee rewards use them, otherwise, follow @eXo | Frank's advice to save them up and unleash when you have a good crew. I am at about 250k using about 5 of the rentals and about a dozen time boosts. All of them with a higher chance of success. Otherwise, use a skill boost and take your 4k VP instead of time boosting and failing 50% of them. I went all in this time because I have good bunch of 4* crew this time and I accidentally picked up Weyoun looking for Penk.

Otherwise, I would have saved them up. I figure if I can't make thresholds every time, every other time would be something to strive for. I am trying hard this time, expecting next time to perhaps fall short if I don't have a lot of bonus crew.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just bought one of those "call for backup" packs with the hope of getting Tarah or, if I was lucky, Shukar. And of course I got Weyoun, the only character I had FF.

Basically what I'm saying is, lately 8 out of 10 premium packs for me result in a bit of honor and a lot of regret. So WHY should I be trying to get that last threshold again?

:|
    Playing this event like any other faction event, with the standard kickstart, I wound up hitting 230,000 points by the mid-way point. That was with me setting alarms every 3-hours, day and night for the first 48 hours. Should be easy to clear thresholds. I had all the 4* crew immortalized (2x event Shran, thanks to shared crew), and 5* Mirror Shukar FE @ 2/5.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Playing this event like any other faction event, with the standard kickstart, I wound up hitting 230,000 points by the mid-way point. That was with me setting alarms every 3-hours, day and night for the first 48 hours. Should be easy to clear thresholds. I had all the 4* crew immortalized (2x event Shran, thanks to shared crew), and 5* Mirror Shukar FE @ 2/5.

Screw that, I needs my beauty sleeps.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Screw that, I needs my beauty sleeps.

Judging by your avatar, I guess you do. :#
  • 2.5 days a few 1.5hr boosts 9hrs and 3hrs.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just bought one of those "call for backup" packs with the hope of getting Tarah or, if I was lucky, Shukar. And of course I got Weyoun, the only character I had FF.

Basically what I'm saying is, lately 8 out of 10 premium packs for me result in a bit of honor and a lot of regret. So WHY should I be trying to get that last threshold again?

:|

I got five of those packs to chase Shukar and somehow got two of him, two Weyouns, and a Tarah. Too bad I couldn’t send her your way.
  • Just an FYI:

I am at 333rd place right now, with 332K VP. I will [likely] clear the thresholds after the next bank of shuttles come in.

My strategy thus far: I was very busy Thursday/Friday, so I only got a semi-quick start, followed by about 6 time boost shuttles, then the rest were 3 hour both days with sporadic checking.

I did actually wake up in the a.m. today and sent 8 shuttles out overnight.

Today I had all day free, so I started with 3x 180 min shuttles, and 2x 90 min shuttle.
    I used 7 tokens total for the 5th shuttles during the day, and continued with a 4x180/1x90 shuttles all day. I skipped one 90 min segment to do a 2x boost instead with the lead Event crew. (I DON'T have Weyoun)
    2 fails since the start so far.

Generally 24K every 3 hours, with one batch @ 32K for 3 hours.
    That's 158,400 VP in 15 hours.

Hope that helps!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just wanted to point out for beginners, that I use to be hesitant about being a squad leader, because you don't get the advantage of the shared crew yourself, which can be crucial starting out.

However if you have a decent crew, I would say that the points you receive as squad leader, far outweigh the advantage of an extra crew, its really like night and day;)

example: ive earned 55k from squad leader bonus so far, you can check that on the event screen. Id say that is pretty substantial.

I also have to say I am glad they added new tiers for rewards on these, it definitely makes it more fun and challenging as well as rewarding for those of us that try to rank.

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the new tiers. Just hit the final threshold, and even though my pack was pure honor, I love that it was there in the first place. I've probably used 5 or so of the rental shuttles over the last little while, and am sitting comfortably inside the the top 300.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I used the kickstart,
    Ran 4 shuttles+ the occasional rental at 3 hours with skill boosts for Thursday then 4 shuttles with 9hr reward boosts overnight.
    Then same on Friday.
    Saturday, I ran 3* time boosts on 4 shuttles. Near the end, I ran 5 shuttles at full time using skill boosts and 3hr reward boosts.
    Sunday morning (now), just set 4 shuttles with 3* time boosts.
    I am at 280K so I am going to hit the Voyage Revival Token today, I might even hit threshold by the end.

I have Weyoun 5 at 1/5FE and Commando Shran FFFE... And very little other bonus crew (Shras FFFE, Founder 1/5FE... That's it). I am squad leader sharing Shran... I've had about 20K kickback from that.

Due to the honoured faction achievement, I had 14 shuttle requestion tokens to start. After claiming the others from the event, I have 11 left. I have used only 3 3hr reward boosts: the two claimed from the event and one I was lucky enough to get in a portal pull
    I have spent NO dilithium.

I think this is certainly an argument against the whole "only whales will get there" argument.

Also, I'm aiming for threshold and out. I am not going for Rank (because my poor 100 slots are full, and nearly half of them are 1/5s).
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
    Lil update for ya kind folks... I haven't been checking every 3 hours - actually had a date Friday night that kept me away from the phone till the next morning - and I've been sleeping in. Sitting at 244k, hope to make it to 300k for the voyage revival token.
  • Remember to do the 9 hours double rewards at night.
    Remember to do the 9 hours double rewards at night.

To be honest, my percentages are in the 70s before boosts. I can't risk waiting 9 hours for a failure, I have to use skill boosts.
  • I am running at least 1 70 on a 9 hour boost as well as 1 80. Even for a failure you double the rewards.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭

To be honest, my percentages are in the 70s before boosts. I can't risk waiting 9 hours for a failure, I have to use skill boosts.

So you wake up every 3 hours then? Otherwise having 4 shuttles on double rewards even with a few failures should pay off.
  • I am running at least 1 70 on a 9 hour boost as well as 1 80. Even for a failure you double the rewards.

And remember, there is a slight skill boost with the 9 hour shuttles. more stars = more boost ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Thorozar wrote: »

So you wake up every 3 hours then? Otherwise having 4 shuttles on double rewards even with a few failures should pay off.

First thing, I never sleep 9 hours. 6, usually. Second thing, a failed 9-hour shuttle is still less reward than a passed 3-hour one.

My point is that I can fit two, possibly even more, standard+skill boost shuttles in the same time frame, that are more likely to succeed. Nothing worse than waking up and having to wait 3 hours for your extended shuttles to come back failed. I'll take my chances.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

First thing, I never sleep 9 hours. 6, usually. Second thing, a failed 9-hour shuttle is still less reward than a passed 3-hour one.

My point is that I can fit two, possibly even more, standard+skill boost shuttles in the same time frame, that are more likely to succeed. Nothing worse than waking up and having to wait 3 hours for your extended shuttles to come back failed. I'll take my chances.

I agree. 9 hour boosts are way too long of a commitment. And yeah, when half or more fail, that’s so demoralizing
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I hit threshold, got my portal pull.
    And I'm done! Woo!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • 54k to go...with decent RNG luck with my shuttles I should make it to 350k.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Spent the last 4 days doing just that. Set alarm to wake up every 3 hours, and just took cat naps all weekend.

Did quickstart to get to 4000 shuttles in first 2 hours
    Had bad luck, one of the 99% failed, so only hit 3500 shuttles
    More bad luck, the 3500 three hour shuttles failed 2/4, so put me 6 hours behind
    Didn't run any more boosts, or extra shuttles all weekend, to see how far I'd get

9.5 hours left, hit my 350,000 ranked just under 1500
    put in four 9 hour shuttles, and heading to bed.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I did this event as a control with no time boosts after 10 for start.

Came out around 330,000. Only had 3 bonus crew. Always sleep 9 hours.

Looks like close to 3000 people will achieve 350,000 (well between 2500 and 3000) Very different from the early days.

I failed quite a lot. Overall around 60% success all at 4000.

So with a better event crew or just a few time boosts the 350,000 is reasonable.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    Guys! I did it. Ended event at 363,998.

Got my 10-pull! Aaaand it was all honor and schematics. Oh well.
    Ending the event with 485k, just inside the top-900. Normally this would put me in the 400-600 range for most faction events, if not higher.