Home The Bridge
Options

Black Friday / Cyber Monday

edited November 2018 in The Bridge
Question for those that have been playing for awhile: Did DB have any mind-blowing Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals last year? I'm tempted by today's ET offer but the price is a little steep for me. I'm trying to decide if it might be more worth my hard-earned money to wait for a better offer this weekend. If I was offered the 5 citation for $25 or 10 for 10 deal today I would have took it, but it seems that everything offered lately is a waste or prohibitavely expensive.

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind blowing no. I remember when DB thought offering Elusive Treasures was a big discount and a sale.

They may offer half-price dabo, and if we're really lucky half price crew slots. But don't expect any big sale like you see elsewhere.
  • Options
    Last year, wasn't there some kind of $5 special (or maybe $10) that had like 3k chrons? I know I bought something during the HB Jadzia event.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    Last year they had a 15 premium ten pulls for $25 offer, plus some other stuff. Purchasable twice.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year they had a 15 premium ten pulls for $25 offer, plus some other stuff. Purchasable twice.

That’s pretty much the same as a regular Monday offer. If they really want to blow minds have a half price honor hall sale
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

That’s pretty much the same as a regular Monday offer. If they really want to blow minds have a half price honor hall sale

There is nothing more Black Friday than the idea of buying honor B)

(and yes, I realize that is not what you meant :D )
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

There is nothing more Black Friday than the idea of buying honor B)

(and yes, I realize that is not what you meant :D )

That’s two Ha’s I just gave you in the last two minutes. Right on with that, but perhaps dignity is a more fitting term for Black Friday fighters.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there was a good one on Thanksgiving. Something for $25. I remember not buying it and regretting it because the Cyber Monday special (lower price but purchasable multiple times) wasn't as good.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    2016 deal - https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/57822/

note: deep in thread
    msp1keu4n28k.png

My account was unavailable for 38 days during last year Cyber Monday, so not sure

There were two deals that ran, and overlapped near Christmas.

Half Price Dilithium - limited to 3 buys I think
    Half Price Crew Slots

So, it was super cheap to get crew slots.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Last year was 15 10x packs, 3000 chrons and 2000 dil for 24.99. Up to 2 purchases. I think it went up on the day before thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Well, it's Cyber-Monday and so far all I have gotten is a deal that is out of my price range. Somewhat disappointing but I suppose that is a good sign that DB doesn't really need $$ as others have speculated.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard Monday garbage:

nc9r3cahbx2z.png
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Exceed Your Dreams" is such an odd name for that offer. Or any offer, really. It's not even remotely Star Trek-y. It's not even space themed. It's just a bizarre nothing phrase.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    "Exceed Your Dreams" is such an odd name for that offer. Or any offer, really. It's not even remotely Star Trek-y. It's not even space themed. It's just a bizarre nothing phrase.

Ha! Exceed your dreams should include 3 Orion women

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take the male equivalent, thanks ;)
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    robownage wrote: »

I'll take the male equivalent, thanks ;)

There was an Orion slave dude in the season final of Disco...they could offer him for you to admire so as not to be sexist :P
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    9ve0482c5jve.jpg
    My Monday offer turned into this...
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    9ve0482c5jve.jpg

Same... just got worse offer than original one
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I’d say it’s hard to believe that’s it but I totally believe it.

If a company that made a game, and wanted to say maximize revenue when their players are sitting here ready to spend, you’d think they would offer several tiers* of specials as a way, you know, to make some money.

But hey what do I know?
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’d say it’s hard to believe that’s it but I totally believe it.

If a company that made a game, and wanted to say maximize revenue when their players are sitting here ready to spend, you’d think they would offer several tiers* of specials as a way, you know, to make some money.

But hey what do I know?

Since Friday I’ve been trying to work out how not offering a good deal could possibly work for DB.

People have got disposable income earmarked for splashing out on treats, or at least some have. If it’s not spent now, it’ll just be used on buying something else out of game. Or, used on something sensible!

We’re just not being given the opportunity to throw money at renting some pixels. Shrug.
  • Options
    StormreadyStormready ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I was literally walking to my computer to purchase the offer when it changed....congrats DB...you just cost yourselves some cash...
  • Options
    This makes no sence to me. Why would a company that can sell a low cost to them and a very retail cost to their customers not do a black Friday or cyber Monday deals. And I'm not going to count the double elusive treasures offered or any of today's fiasco offers be cause they're just normal offers. How much lost revinue did this decision cost them. I think if the true amount could ever be known it'd be mind blowing.
    After this example of their business practices I think they be buying stock in the Titanic, while they were on it, while it was sinking and after all the liferafts were gone!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I originally was offered the normal Monday $100 packs but then got offered the 5 SR citations for $25 (the equivalent of 90K honor) so I jumped on it. Thanks DB!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy the cites the first offer will come back.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I originally was offered the normal Monday $100 packs but then got offered the 5 SR citations for $25 (the equivalent of 90K honor) so I jumped on it. Thanks DB!

Not really. Had they offered 90,000 honor for the $25 then yes. But most people wouldn’t waste honor on purple citations so really not the same “value”. Theoretically it’s the same value but in reality it is nowhere close. Glad you’re happy with it though

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    9ve0482c5jve.jpg

Same... just got worse offer than original one

Technically it's not a bad offer, it's just not worth the asking price. They really do value their individual cards too much. For half that price I would have considered it. It's just like the 50€ for a legendary and 10 for a super rare during events, it's not worth that much, at least to me. People who have disposable income don't have it by spending money foolishly. o:)
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    If you buy the cites the first offer will come back.

This however (buying an unwanted pack first), doesn't qualify as a Cyber Monday deal. I saw a TV commercial for a jewelry store doing Cyber Monday deals and they don't have a website. They could have come up with something, unless they were out shopping themselves and didn't have time. 🤗
  • Options
    The moderate to big spenders already have most of the super rare characters maxed on stars. This offer really doesnt benefit the people who really spend. If it was Legendary citations it might be different.