Home The Bridge

Expedition in Mega Event

Since there's an expedition in this mega event, and this mega event also lists all pilots as bonus crew (which currently stands at 49), DB, do you think we can get an improvement to the crew selection screen so that we can optionally make it list all bonus crew before other crew? I'm pretty sure this comes up every time there's an expedition (all nine times...).
[SSR] Sorin08

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    100x Awsome the OP.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not, I think I'll just see for far I get in the skirmish, and call it a weekend. I used to like expedition events, but the points won't matter much after the skirmish, and I just can't be bothered by the tedium and crew selection any more.

I can appreciate that approach. I think this is the first expedition since skirmishes launched? Why not have some small prizes for completing each mission, like we do with each skirmish battle?

Anyway, don’t want to derail the thread.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd since skirms launched
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah fam, we haven't had an Expedition event since last Christmas - first Skirmish event was May of this year.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I rejoined the game in the summer and we have had 1 expedition event since I have been back, so there was one somewhere in mid summer, I think it may have been galaxy/expedition or something.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    well i still have those 6 extra expedition tickets they sent us last christmas for messing up some bonuses in a mission.... I dont remember ever even having a chance to use them since....

So im with Frank on this one unless proven wrong by the wiki... brb

edit ok
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Weak_Will_Perish
    hybrid with expedition, galaxy and shuttle phases, june 21 to 27(!!) 2018
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    kapu wrote: »
    well i still have those 6 extra expedition tickets they sent us last christmas for messing up some bonuses in a mission.... I dont remember ever even having a chance to use them since....

So im with Frank on this one unless proven wrong by the wiki... brb

I was certain I'd played an Expedition since last year. (Glad to find out I'm not completely crazy. 🤪)

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Weak_Will_Perish
    Details

The Weak Will Perish is a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, June 21, 2018. The first phase ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) on Saturday, June 23, 2018. The second phase ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) on Monday, June 25, 2018. The event ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Wednesday, June 27, 2018.

The first phase functions as an Expedition Event.

The second phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for Augments. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.

The third phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.

EDIT: Gah! We crossed the streams, Kapu!
    ykfk2lcauvnj.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    ^^ninja edited :DD
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord. The triple hybrid. I blocked that out of my memory...and for good reason.

So, my apologies. But, hybrid Expidition events technically don't count :D
  • you won't get an improvement. you will deal with it anyway. but really you should never play expedition cause that just tells DB you like them.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about Expeditions. Do they work like Skirmishes where you can use crew that are on Voyages or Shuttles or is it more like regular missions where the crew has to be available?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah fam, we haven't had an Expedition event since last Christmas - first Skirmish event was May of this year.

That's not true, we had an expedition in DS9 mega-event.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    I have a question about Expeditions. Do they work like Skirmishes where you can use crew that are on Voyages or Shuttles or is it more like regular missions where the crew has to be available?

The crew has to be available.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Proont wrote: »

The crew has to be available.

Okay. Thank you.
  • izausome wrote: »
    you won't get an improvement. you will deal with it anyway. but really you should never play expedition cause that just tells DB you like them.

I feel like me saying, "I like Expeditions" on the forums since 2016 might have let that cat out of the bag already.
  • a faction/expedition would have been a break from all the tapping. this is just crazy
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    Since there's an expedition in this mega event, and this mega event also lists all pilots as bonus crew (which currently stands at 49), DB, do you think we can get an improvement to the crew selection screen so that we can optionally make it list all bonus crew before other crew? I'm pretty sure this comes up every time there's an expedition (all nine times...).

DB changed skirmishes to allow any event crew to get a bonus, not just the ones with a matching trait because it was too hard to change the UI. You think they are going to change it for the 1 or 2 expeditions they do a year?
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious
  • If something doesn't go as planned during the event, it would be great if this time we didn't get 5 hours worth of free expedition tickets to burn through over the Christmas. Just saying...