Home The Bridge

Mega Gauntlet Voyage Crew

I just cashed in the Honor to immortalize The Caretaker, and I got curious what a Voyage crew staffed with immortalized mega-event recurring 5*'s and Gauntlet jackpot 5*'s would look like. Had I done this a week ago, it would consist of all dozen existing such crew, but obviously we also now have Armus and next week, we'll be getting Etana Jol, so there are more crew than slots. Still, here's what it looks like. (Obviously, my Starbase and collection bonuses are included, but the proportions will be the same for all players.)

9k6nrlhxz9ac.jpg

I'll be curious to revisit this circa late April, by which point we ought to have a full dozen mega-event 5*'s.

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid 8+hr voyage so long as eng/sci/med aren't the primary or secondary
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, might even pass 8 hours if eng/sci/med is secondary as long as CMD/DIP is primary and you get a bit of luck.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eight hours is a bit ordinary
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Here's where we are with 11 recurring Legendaries from mega-events.

7k3t3f4i866l.jpg

Perhaps DB will take note of this and bless us with a Med/Sci/Eng crew for the next Mega. That would be very welcome.
  • Here's where we are with 11 recurring Legendaries from mega-events.

7k3t3f4i866l.jpg

Perhaps DB will take note of this and bless us with a Med/Sci/Eng crew for the next Mega. That would be very welcome.

It seems to me that a new mega SCI-primary character would fill the biggest skill gap among the existing megas.
  • Here's where we are with 11 recurring Legendaries from mega-events.

7k3t3f4i866l.jpg

Jett Reno?

But since there were already people asking for her to be added after her first appearance in the season, I guess they won't give her away for free :(
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

7k3t3f4i866l.jpg

Jett Reno?

But since there were already people asking for her to be added after her first appearance in the season, I guess they won't give her away for free :(

What about Flint from the TOS episode "Requiem for Methuselah"?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see Flint in the game. Sci-Eng definitely. I guess Med could be a tertiary. Any of the other skills would be plausible given his extended lifetime, though I suspect Dip would be a more natural fit for the on-screen depiction.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see Flint in the game. Sci-Eng definitely. I guess Med could be a tertiary. Any of the other skills would be plausible given his extended lifetime, though I suspect Dip would be a more natural fit for the on-screen depiction.

Given that he built Rayna Kapec, I would think ENG/DIP/MED or DIP/ENG/MED would be a reasonable combination.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I respectfully disagree, based on that episode the ONLY skills that make sense are Science, Medicine, and Engineering.
    Based on how horribly he behaved for nearly the entire episode, Diplomacy would IMO be his WORST skill!

He built a sentient android, so obviously Engineering. He scienced the BLEEP out of his entire compound, so obviously Science. And he had an entire medical lab in his house where he was able to easily process the drug ryetalyn, so obviously Medicine.
  • I'm on record elsewhere in favor of Flint being added as either the next Gauntlet jackpot or a mega-event recurring 5*. He ought to have all six skills, but I'll be perfectly content with a ENG/MED/SCI combo of some configuration. I'd be down with Jett Reno instead, though she's not as high on my wishlist. "Requiem for Methuselah" isn't one of the go-to TOS episodes we talk about, like "City on the Edge of Forever" or "The Trouble with Tribbles", but it's one that I adore and hold up as a shining example of the kind of storytelling that I dig about Trek at its finest. (Another like that for me is "A Taste of Armageddon".)

Plus, we still have not had a TOS mega-5*. How viable the likeness rights are, I dunno, but that's DB's problem to solve. :tongue:
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really shows the over representation of CMD/DIP/SEC.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

7k3t3f4i866l.jpg

Did someone say...Groppler Zorn?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

In fairness, the template has been to spotlight a leader figure, and those are the most common skills for such crew members to have. I imagine if Mega-Events had been planned from the start, crew members like Dr. Richard Daystrom, Phoenix Cochrane, and The Traveler might have been set aside to be featured as Recurring Legendaries.

Though in reality, I expect Changeling Founder, Mirror Spock, and Wrathful Khan would have been ahead of them and we'd be where we are anyway.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like RNG was definitely on your side!
    robownage wrote: »
    Seems like RNG was definitely on your side!

It was a squeaker! I had my laptop open to the game and was using the calculator on my phone after every hazard. They got back before the trait changed over, so I sent 'em right back out. I'm curious to see how they do a second time with the exact same stats.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

In fairness, the template has been to spotlight a leader figure, and those are the most common skills for such crew members to have. I imagine if Mega-Events had been planned from the start, crew members like Dr. Richard Daystrom, Phoenix Cochrane, and The Traveler might have been set aside to be featured as Recurring Legendaries.

Though in reality, I expect Changeling Founder, Mirror Spock, and Wrathful Khan would have been ahead of them and we'd be where we are anyway.

Just a note to say they haven't always done themselves favours though on some skill choices Elizabeth Dehner struck me as always a weird one she could/should have had MED SCI DIP, instead of a MED DIP SCI combination.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Just a note to say they haven't always done themselves favours though on some skill choices Elizabeth Dehner struck me as always a weird one she could/should have had MED SCI DIP, instead of a MED DIP SCI combination.

Oh, no doubt! We all have our own personal pet peeves when it comes to skill assignments, I'm sure. Some of mine:
    • Admiral Kirk is DIP/CMD, rather than CMD/DIP (his whole arc in that film is about how command is where he belongs!)
    • Luther Sloan is DIP/CMD/SEC, when DIP should have been a tertiary skill (at best; SCI or ENG seem just as applicable)
    • Reinforcement Stamets, the Chief Engineer of the U.S.S. Discovery and only Stamets in the game for more than an entire year, doesn't even have ENG as tertiary. Yeah, his spore drive tech is more science-y, but as he explains in his first appearance, he views ENG as merely a manifestation of SCI so he's implicitly an expert on both. (Also: Chief Engineers surely have to be, y'know, ENG-heavy.)
    • Senator Vreenak is CMD/DIP and doesn't have SEC at all, despite overseeing the Tal Shiar!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really shows you how much RNG can swing results. Especially with stats like that, how often you hit SEC can make a big difference.
    edited May 2019
    Really shows you how much RNG can swing results. Especially with stats like that, how often you hit SEC can make a big difference.

Wish I'd thought to take a screenshot of the first run's summary, but here's how it played out the second time:

zbycx2643k73.jpg

Wow, I didn't notice until I posted that screenshot that DIP (the secondary skill) came up two more times than did CMD (the primary). That definitely affected the outcome.
  • Eight hours is a bit ordinary

Some of us can't even hit 8 hours consistently
    Jack Mitchell
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I'd thought to take a screenshot of the first run's summary, but here's how it played out the second time:

zbycx2643k73.jpg

Wow, I didn't notice until I posted that screenshot that DIP (the secondary skill) came up two more times than did CMD (the primary). That definitely affected the outcome.

And look at MED vs SEC. If they swapped and you got 14 for SEC instead. Let's say you passed 10 more that way. That's an extra 350 AM/15 minutes. Wouldn't get you to 10 hours, but that plus some more on your primary and it starts to add up.

zbycx2643k73.jpg

And look at MED vs SEC. If they swapped and you got 14 for SEC instead. Let's say you passed 10 more that way. That's an extra 350 AM/15 minutes. Wouldn't get you to 10 hours, but that plus some more on your primary and it starts to add up.

Worth noting is that I still haven't maxed my stat bonuses. I still need...

CMD Core and Proficiency +1% ("To Boldly Go")
    DIP Proficiency +1% (Starbase)
    ENG Core +2% (Starbase and "Spit and Bailing Wire"), Proficiency +1% ("Spit...")
    SCI Core +1%, Proficiency +2% ("The Daystrom Award", "A New Challenger Approaches")
    MED Proficiency +1% ("Resistance Is Futile")

My SEC is, funnily enough, the one skill that has all bonuses maxed! I don't think any of these are dramatic enough to have made much difference, but maybe ENG and SCI pass one or two more hazards apiece. In any event, I know this specific crew can hit 10h, 'cause they did it for me earlier. Any time I get CMD/DIP outside of an event in which I need any of that dozen, I plan on sending them out.