Home Make It So!
Options

Non-Canon Characters in Star Trek Timelines

What do you think? We have several already What new ones do we need?
Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

Comments

• Options
    I don’t think any non-canon crew should ever have been released.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror versions of TNG and VOY crew might be interesting since those series never went there
  • Options
    I want the Augment versions of the TNG cast. Characters like Barclay and Yar even

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what character would make me laugh? Assimilated Wesley. I got the giggles just thinking about it.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    You know what character would make me laugh? Assimilated Wesley. I got the giggles just thinking about it.

“I always get A...ssimilated.”
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

You’re on to something here. Assimilated Porthos, Assimilated Lwaxana, Assimilated flower, Assimilated rock...

• Options
    I'd love to see some of the novel characters. Like from say st:Corp of Engineers. They have a Bynar named Solomon (lets face it we need a Bynar). It would infuse a large number of characters with the engineer skill.
  • Options
    I'd like to see canon characters like a legendary Moogie and a super-rare Axom (Seven's Unimatrix Zero boyfriend) before more non-canon crew are introduced.

But I agree Assimilated versions of crew like Wesley and Lwaxana would be hilarious.
  • Options
    Are comic books canon? If so idw is doing a limited issue series called broken mirror with full tng crew and the galaxy X Enterprise.
  • Options
    Are comic books canon? If so idw is doing a limited issue series called broken mirror with full tng crew and the galaxy X Enterprise.

Comic books are not canon. Some of the new Trek movie writers (such as Orci) consider the series Star Trek Countdown to be canon.

However, more to the point, Nod once commented that characters from the books/comics are not going to make it into the game due to licensing and intellectual property and stuff like that. Basically, not wanting to have to ask and to pay the writers to get something non-Canon, when DB is perfectly able of doing non-Canon characters on their own.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    There are hundreds of interesting characters that still are not in the game... therefore I think it's waaaaaaaay to early to consider non-canon characters.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are hundreds of interesting characters that still are not in the game... therefore I think it's waaaaaaaay to early to consider non-canon characters.

There are currently 2% non canon characters in game.
    DB sprinkles them in now and again, and does not seem to limit them from doing canon as well.
  • Options
    Mirror versions of TNG and VOY crew might be interesting since those series never went there

I want a Mirror Janeway!

I also think, since we need more MED characters badly, that they could add in some non-canon versions of our beloved doctors and nurses.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options

I'd be interested in such crew members.
  • Options
    Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

I want a Mirror Janeway!

I also think, since we need more MED characters badly, that they could add in some non-canon versions of our beloved doctors and nurses.

Here are some possible characters

Maquis McCoy
    In the Maquis/Bajoran/Cardassian episode in this game, McCoy says he sympathizes with the Maquis

Dr Keridwen
    From the Star Trek novel, The Lost Years, Dr Dwen is a friend of McCoy's

• Options
    Dante123 wrote: »
    Dr Keridwen

DB has already specified they will probably not be doing novel characters because of licensing.
  • Options
    Dr Keridwen

DB has already specified they will probably not be doing novel characters because of licensing.

Thank you. I didn't know.

• Options
    Dr Keridwen

Thank you. I didn't know.

It emerged when they pointed out that they're not going to even use book names for canon characters. That's why the Romulan Commander, whose name in non-Canon sources is Chavranek, is called Nevesa.