Home The Bridge
Options

No 3 seat shuttles this event?

I haven't seen a single 3 seater so far. Has anyone else? Only 4 and 5 for me. Seems kinda crazy.

Comments

• Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Several 5 seaters I noticed. Gonna be a real grind.
  • Options
    @Shan can you confirm this is the case? No 3 seaters at all?
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I can confirm I see none. 6 missions per faction, no three-seaters. To be fair, there is a lot of bonus crew for this, but still, this is going to be a slog until Saturday. Set phasers to maximum nerf.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of bonus crew though. 3 event crew, all of the Pilots, mega 5* whats-her-name, Combat Medic Paris (not a Pilot, but a Paris), a couple of Wesleys, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I hate that there are no 3-slot shuttles, but I recognize that there are way more than 16 viable 4*/5* event/bonus crew that you could use. Even Captain Proton Paris is still better than most non-bonus 5*s (not by much though).
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    There are a lot of bonus crew though. 3 event crew, all of the Pilots, mega 5* whats-her-name, Combat Medic Paris (not a Pilot, but a Paris), a couple of Wesleys, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I hate that there are no 3-slot shuttles, but I recognize that there are way more than 16 viable 4*/5* event/bonus crew that you could use. Even Captain Proton Paris is still better than most non-bonus 5*s (not by much though).

That all well and good for you and me, but what about players that don't have droves of pilots at their disposal.

Increasing the need for more bonus crew is not "newer player" friendly, at all.
  • Options

That all well and good for you and me, but what about players that don't have droves of pilots at their disposal.

As the game ages and the number of players with a large crew increases (and also game changes resulting in gathering crew faster such as voyages), it's necessary to make shuttles harder/more slots. If they still had 2 and 3 slot shuttles in abundance, the difference between us would instead of how many bonus crew we have, would degenerate into how fully fused they are. This only makes a small % difference per level of fused legendary, so your results would be more susceptible to RNG and make the ranks far tighter among those who religiously set 3 hour timers, etc.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the bonus crew, I'm not surprised.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

As the game ages and the number of players with a large crew increases (and also game changes resulting in gathering crew faster such as voyages), it's necessary to make shuttles harder/more slots. If they still had 2 and 3 slot shuttles in abundance, the difference between us would instead of how many bonus crew we have, would degenerate into how fully fused they are. This only makes a small % difference per level of fused legendary, so your results would be more susceptible to RNG and make the ranks far tighter among those who religiously set 3 hour timers, etc.

Touche.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Shan can you confirm this is the case? No 3 seaters at all?

Why do you need DB to confirm something that you can confirm with your own eyes?

I want a confirmation that it's supposed to be this way and not a glitch. Considering recent events have been known to do that.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    DB knows how to keep the fun up. *Irony Mode*

What they don t seem to understand, having most players with many shuttle 90%+ is good for revenue, Failing shuttles is no fun and low success rates will lead to demotivation and many players calling it a day early.
    High success rates might tempt ppl to spend some extra dime and put more effort into the event.

But then again, some ppl here always complained about events being too easy(like skirmishes...), so well....thats what you get now. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    There are no 3 seat shuttles. DB is clearly trying to make faction events harder.

What's dumb is they're discouraging renting extra shuttles when they make it harder for people to have enough bonus crew to cover all the shuttles.

I have enough crew to be ok and I'm not upset, but I'm not inclined to buy extra shuttles. I had been considering it.
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Don't forget it's a hybrid event, the shuttles are just the hors d'oeuvre. In the Galaxy part, your chroniton savings/spending will determine your rank, not the depth of your crew.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you need DB to confirm something that you can confirm with your own eyes?

I want a confirmation that it's supposed to be this way and not a glitch. Considering recent events have been known to do that.

Then ask to confirm if it's a mistake. You asked her to confirm the current state which we can all observe.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    I do have plenty of bonus crew but most of them are in the freezer as I don't have free slots for those suckers... Not particularly interested in airlocking golds either.

oh well, the Archer looks kinda silly anyways.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    This event should have a mix of 3, 4 and 5 seats missions.

I can report that thusfar there have been zero 3 seat missions that I have seen.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

There are no 3 seat shuttle missions. If there are supposed to be 3, 4, and 5, then the missions are broken.
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

No, no, no. I must protest. Leave it as it is. Three slots missions are lame. Even four slots missions in this case are pretty easy to fill in. You made a poo poo (what a suprise :p ) but in this case it's for the better. It's more challenging this way.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no, no. I must protest. Leave it as it is. Three slots missions are lame. Even four slots missions in this case are pretty easy to fill in. You made a poo poo (what a suprise :p ) but in this case it's for the better. It's more challenging this way.

ierf1pp137ky.jpeg

That’s fine for me because I have two pilots yet in the freezer that didn’t seem worth the merits (Fencing Sulu and Mirror Archer) but for those looking to be competitive that don’t have the benefit of a vast crew complement, an unintentional bug in the number of total shuttle seats that need filling is not going to be taken very well.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's true then something is wrong. There are 6 missions per faction and all are 4 or 5 seat.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    It may be that it wasn't intended but if it had been deliberate what then? Players should plan for that contingency in any case.
    What is poor is that Shan doesn't say what is going to be done about it.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we got a response saying how it was supposed to be, but nothing about if it's going to be changed, fixed, left alone, etc

ok.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    It may be that it wasn't intended but if it had been deliberate what then? Players should plan for that contingency in any case.
    What is poor is that Shan doesn't say what is going to be done about it.

Probably nothing. Once event has started they've never changed it during the event. Maybe some sorrytons but thats it.

So yeah, this is our event now.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    so we got a response saying how it was supposed to be, but nothing about if it's going to be changed, fixed, left alone, etc

ok.

They've never changed missions in the middle of an event. Absent other notifications, I think it's a safe bet that there will not be changes to the missions in the middle of the event.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s fine for me because I have two pilots yet in the freezer that didn’t seem worth the merits (Fencing Sulu and Mirror Archer) but for those looking to be competitive that don’t have the benefit of a vast crew complement, an unintentional bug in the number of total shuttle seats that need filling is not going to be taken very well.

I have the same still frozen.

Because I'm a bored Data Scientist, I worked out my top crew, calculating bonuses.
    (Blue is Bonus Crew, Orange is Event crew)
    Sorted by total Base Stats.
    iwezfmoovbse.png
    I'm not getting a lot of support from my Bonus crew, at least overall.

This view is not as helpful as I intended, for example, my best Security card is Lt. Ash Tyler, who does not appear in the top 35.

But even if sorting for Security, not much help from Bonus crew.
    u39nc3u7obap.png
    (The pink color designates a bonus character who is still frozen)

This was the first time I put something like this together based on Timelines data, I thought it was interesting.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options

EYES WIDE SHUT......LOL