Home The Bridge
Options

A call for C.O. Sisko in threshold rewards for final mega event

As many of you know, DB put out 3* C.O. Sisko a few months back for changing your captain name in achievements.
Also, he didn't make the cut in the recent portal update last week.
I call on DB to place C.O. Sisko in threshold rewards for the the final event in the mega and give us players the chance to complete him without cites.
There are 2 places in threshold rewards prefect to place him in there to get the other 2 stars you need to immortalize.
DB, make it so..

Comments

• Options
    They ought to just make it three copies of him in Thresholds just to avoid the griping by people who airlocked the 1x copy of him they received for the name achievo...
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    well some people would gripe about the honor they have already vested in him soooooo.....

....ah what the hell, you get a free Sisko everyone gets a free Sisko.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    They ought to just make it three copies of him in Thresholds just to avoid the griping by people who airlocked the 1x copy of him they received for the name achievo...

Oh well.. their loss. But it would help those free him from the ones that left him achievement.
  • Options
    well some people would gripe about the honor they have already vested in him soooooo.....

....ah what the hell, you get a free Sisko everyone gets a free Sisko.

I didn't cite him waiting for the opportunity to add *s, this would be the perfect time for those who were patient.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I had to cite him for the crew slot.
    Some free slots and all will be forgiven.
  • Options
    Mine's still waiting to be claimed. The amount of honor is useless, and he has no value for me burning a crew slot or in the freezer. However, if you dropped a pair of him in the thresholds, I'd finally claim and freeze him.

Exactly my point
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's still waiting to be claimed. The amount of honor is useless, and he has no value for me burning a crew slot or in the freezer. However, if you dropped a pair of him in the thresholds, I'd finally claim and freeze him.

This. Yes.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I would love to immortalize this one.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless he’s planned as a reward for future achievements, I would agree with this move.
  • Options
    How bout a copy of C.O. Sisko and 9k honour in the low thresholds to cover everyone?
    fah la la la la.
  • Options
    I've been patient with him so far, but it is about time he shows up somewhere else than in a one-time-reward.
  • Options
    I like the idea of putting C.O. Sisko as the first two threshold rewards, rather than the normal 2*.

Worst case, people only have to put in a single citation to FF him.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    And those who already cited him still get the honor for airlocking him. I'm all for this.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I was close we did get a free Sisko lol
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    More siskos!!! Or DB could put him in voyages and premium portals.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I think DB should keep Sisko as a one-time reward for changing your name and not offer him anywhere else.
  • Options
    Given that we now know the rest of next week's Featured Crew is 4* Angel I Riker and 4* K'mtar Alexander, it seems down to either Commanding Officer Sisko or Jazz Musician Riker for the 3* slot. Riker has appeared in three events already.

All three characters have existing 2* personae. In case you're curious about their frequency of appearances to date:

Commander Riker x2
    KDF Alexander x3
    Promoted Sisko x7

I think 3* Commanding Officer Sisko and 2* Commander Riker looks like a good combination. Plus, Frakes wore that Sisko costume in Generations, so there's an admittedly trivial relationship.
  • Options
    Given that we now know the rest of next week's Featured Crew is 4* Angel I Riker and 4* K'mtar Alexander, it seems down to either Commanding Officer Sisko or Jazz Musician Riker for the 3* slot. Riker has appeared in three events already.

All three characters have existing 2* personae. In case you're curious about their frequency of appearances to date:

Commander Riker x2
    KDF Alexander x3
    Promoted Sisko x7

I think 3* Commanding Officer Sisko and 2* Commander Riker looks like a good combination. Plus, Frakes wore that Sisko costume in Generations, so there's an admittedly trivial relationship.

What if we got a DB Surprise by way of a new 3* Weapons Officer Alexander? It does seem odd that the bonus crew list includes variants of Alexander when that currently means the 2* KDF Alexander...it seems reasonable that the 2* version is Alexander at the beginning of his service to the Empire when he is a clumsy moron, whereas a 3* version could be from when he was actually somewhat well-versed in shipboard operations and hand-to-hand combat.
  • Options

Commander Riker x2
    KDF Alexander x3
    Promoted Sisko x7

What if we got a DB Surprise by way of a new 3* Weapons Officer Alexander? It does seem odd that the bonus crew list includes variants of Alexander when that currently means the 2* KDF Alexander...it seems reasonable that the 2* version is Alexander at the beginning of his service to the Empire when he is a clumsy moron, whereas a 3* version could be from when he was actually somewhat well-versed in shipboard operations and hand-to-hand combat.

It may seem "odd", but that's been DB's template all along, provided there's at least one other variant of that character.

Given that Timelines invented a Mirror K'Ehleyr and made her a member of the KCA, it's plausible there's a Mirror Alexander to be invented, too. I'd welcome him as a 3*.
  • Options

Commander Riker x2
    KDF Alexander x3
    Promoted Sisko x7

It may seem "odd", but that's been DB's template all along, provided there's at least one other variant of that character.

Given that Timelines invented a Mirror K'Ehleyr and made her a member of the KCA, it's plausible there's a Mirror Alexander to be invented, too. I'd welcome him as a 3*.

Mirror Alexander would indeed be a fun one.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Commander Riker x2
    KDF Alexander x3
    Promoted Sisko x7

or maybe it'll be a one star baby kindergartner Alexander and we'll get two copies of him in the thresholds :s
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    das411 wrote: »

Commander Riker x2
    KDF Alexander x3
    Promoted Sisko x7

or maybe it'll be a one star baby kindergartner Alexander and we'll get two copies of him in the thresholds :s

I seem to recall reading that they would never include children in the game, but I would definitely absolutely be down for a Mirror Alexander 3*. It'll probably by Jazz Riker, although they are due to give a new Cadet - we've been getting one a month for ages now, and nothing yet for December.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No children, and yet Naomi and Kes are younger than most children. Still, I agree with the no kids concept in general. I would make exceptions for age-altered Picard, Guinan, and Keiko.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the issue is child actor likenesses not child characters. The Wildman version in the game and Kes were both adult actresses. There are no actors/actresses in the game as children.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I suspect the issue is child actor likenesses not child characters. The Wildman version in the game and Kes were both adult actresses. There are no actors/actresses in the game as children.

I'd be surprised if this was an actual issue, if only because other licensors have used those characters over the years. In the case of Brian Bonsall as Alexander alone, at least three different companies used his likeness 20+ years ago:

5akqydi057k9.jpg
    kfkbqtuymz42.jpg
    b5ikcbjg7k1f.jpg

It seems suspect that DC, Decipher, and Playmates--each with their own product, profit margins, models, etc.--would have all been able to get the rights to Brian Bonsall's likeness as Alexander but that DB couldn't get it today. I think it's more a case that the creative team at DB just doesn't see any game value to child characters.