Home The Bridge
Options

How will Expedition Tickets behave on the event?

There are such tickets at 8750 VP, 21000 VP, and 40000 VP, those tickets last for one day on the Expedition event so if we cash them the very first day, what will happen with them?

Best Answers

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Expedition tickets claimed from event rewards will need to be used before the day resets otherwise they will be lost.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Shan wrote: »
    Sorry it took so long!
    We did some testing on our end and tickets claimed before the start of the Expedition phase should be available once the phase starts.

We will of course keep an eye on this at the phase change.

Thanx for checking for us!!!!!!

The Cynic in me says bouncing the server to make this work is the cause of the outage.

Answers

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    ah - you got me - good question. my best guess is that they will be added to your expedition day 1 total. otherwise it's a brutal mistake.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Best guess, with history as a guide, they'll get reset at midnight if not used. Until we get confirmation of behavior, I suggest your best bet is not to claim even the first until the expedition phase starts and you're ready to use it.

No offense, but I'm not going to be the test dummy to draw them early. I have BO Troi and Etana Jol, I don't need event crew for max skirmish bonuses.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Best guess, with history as a guide, they'll get reset at midnight if not used. Until we get confirmation of behavior, I suggest your best bet is not to claim even the first until the expedition phase starts and you're ready to use it.

No offense, but I'm not going to be the test dummy to draw them early. I have BO Troi and Etana Jol, I don't need event crew for max skirmish bonuses.

As a matter of Fact, on Skirmish events, Legendary Mega Event crew does not count as Event crew, so sometimes you will not get full bonus!
    Secondly, not cashing the prize makes us hold on levelling Demora Sulu! And believe having her all levelled up will mean a great difference!
    @Shan and @JazzRiker, can anyone of you shed some light onto this subject?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are such tickets at 8750 VP, 21000 VP, and 40000 VP, those tickets last for one day on the Expedition event so if we cash them the very first day, what will happen with them?

To the best of my knowledge if you claim them before skirmish filps over to expedition you'd start with 6 tickets instead of three. You'd just have to make sure to get them used right away before the reset. Would be nice for Shan or Riker to jump in and confirm this though.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's going to be a "it depends".

the entire game runs on entitlements, like when you see free single pulls or 10 packs, from things like dailies. The game remembers these things. That's why in the past, the game remembers if you had extra expedition tickets from prior events.

when the event starts, if the back end thinks you are at 3/3 expedition tickets , and you claim the thresholds, you'll be sitting at 6/3 at the phase change. If the last time an expedition ran, you used all your tickets, and it doesn't refresh itself until phase 2 starts, it'll be 0/3, and claiming the expedition tickets would bring you to 3/3 ..... in which case, you would NOT receive the free 3 when the phase changes on Saturday.

so yes, it would help if Shan or JazzRiker confirmed this, but as has been the case, half the information the dev team provides them has been wrong in the past.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

As a matter of Fact, on Skirmish events, Legendary Mega Event crew does not count as Event crew, so sometimes you will not get full bonus!
    Secondly, not cashing the prize makes us hold on levelling Demora Sulu! And believe having her all levelled up will mean a great difference!
    @Shan and @JazzRiker, can anyone of you shed some light onto this subject?

Actually we've gone back to recurring crew counting as full event crew in skirmishes. After the big mess when they didn't and we were told it was that way from the beginning, and that it was malfunctioning from the beginning. But, I've already got a smelly Troi, so she would work. And there's a Sulu mansister at 6500 VP in thresholds, so just grab rewards between there and 8600.
    Then dont collect further threshold rewards until after the expedition starts, and you're at 0/3 tickets and you're ready to start another ticket.

But yes, clarification on both of these points, before the event starts, would be gladly appreciated. Will all event crew count as event crew this time, and what happens to expedition tickets claimed before the expedition starts?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain_Who
    It took me a second. "Smelly Troi" = BO Troi = Bridge Officer Troi. I like it. I'm going to start calling her Smelly.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Captain_Who
    It took me a second. "Smelly Troi" = BO Troi = Bridge Officer Troi. I like it. I'm going to start calling her Smelly.

Hahah! Thanks. Wish I could take credit for it, but I stole it from somebody else in the forums. Took me that same little bit to make the leap, and now I can't think anything else.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How will Expedition Tickets behave on the event?"

They will be very naughty and Santa will be upset. He will only bring them a lump of coal on Christmas day.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    "How will Expedition Tickets behave on the event?"

They will be very naughty and Santa will be upset. He will only bring them a lump of coal on Christmas day.

nlpwydzxs606.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain_Who

Hahah! Thanks. Wish I could take credit for it, but I stole it from somebody else in the forums. Took me that same little bit to make the leap, and now I can't think anything else.

I was going to post a GIF of the scene where Malcolm was having that dream about T’Pol but couldn’t find one on the Internet and can’t make it easily on my phone.
  • Options
    My guess, what I think they should do is: let them accumulate without any cap and without losing them at reset time, like they do with Intels, they just accumulate over time, so when the event starts you already have 3 plus whatever the event has already for everyone starting, and every 6/12/18/24 hours you accumulate X more
  • Options
    guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    based on past implementations....
    it'll be screwed up no matter what you do. as punishment/compensation everyone will get 20 tickets by mail.

but in all seriousness, better safe than sorry since leveling and *s basically has no impact on the skirmish phase.
  • Options
    My guess, what I think they should do is: let them accumulate without any cap and without losing them at reset time, like they do with Intels, they just accumulate over time, so when the event starts you already have 3 plus whatever the event has already for everyone starting, and every 6/12/18/24 hours you accumulate X more

Well said
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no official word? At this point I guess I'll wait to claim thresholds and tell my fleet to do the same
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    no matter what please oh pretty please do not give additional tickets as compensation..
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Why is this thread marked as answered?
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    Expedition tickets claimed from event rewards will need to be used before the day resets otherwise they will be lost.[/quotSo based on this, it sounds like we can't collect rewards until the expedition phase starts or else we will lose the tickets from the threshold rewards. Is that correct?
  • Options
    Sorry, messed up the last post, not sure how to fix it.

• Options
    ElimElim ✭✭✭
    The answer to this is simple. Just don't collect them until the second part of the event
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expedition tickets claimed from event rewards will need to be used before the day resets otherwise they will be lost.

Not really what folks were asking.
  • Options

Not really what folks were asking.

Yeah, this was already pretty well established. Kind of a non-answer that confirms my supposition.
  • Options

Uh, used where, exactly? It's not like we can start running the Expedition today. Or tomorrow. Or the first half of Saturday.
  • Options
    I accidentally claimed them :'( Just after warning my fleetmates not to.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...