Home The Bridge
Options

1701 Sisko sale

Looks like you can buy the card twice for $10 a pop. Very tempted because it’s one of my favorite episodes of Trek ever. Even though he’s an old card.

njvuebsxdcqe.png

Comments

• Options
    Oddly enough I wasn’t able to get a second offering of it.
  • Options
    Chancellor wrote: »

Hm...weird. I wonder why it says you can purchase it twice then
  • Options
    Chancellor wrote: »

Hm...weird. I wonder why it says you can purchase it twice then

Agreed. It’s Very weird. I raised a ticket with support.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I hadn't a second chance either.
  • Options
    Had the same issue. Went to buy it again and hit an error. Tapped out of the portal and the offer is gone. Happened to a fleet mate too.
  • Options
    Yup just happened to me too. Didn’t even get a DYC offer which is weird.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this Sisko at 1/5. I do not believe adding to this crew is worth my money. His stats are terrible.
  • Options
    Yup just happened to me too. Didn’t even get a DYC offer which is weird.

I did get the DYC offer. Maybe it's because you clicked on within the 24hr period after the offer yesterday from another 5*?
  • Options
    Sent in a ticket. The only reason I bought the card once was because I thought I was going to be able to get a second copy for just another $10.
  • Options
    I have this Sisko at 1/5. I do not believe adding to this crew is worth my money. His stats are terrible.

Exactly my situation and evaluation. Love the card, character and episode, but the value is just not there to add a star.
  • Options
    The DYC showed up after restarting. But the offer is definitely gone
  • Options
    Hmm.. Kinda glad I have him immortalized.
  • Options

To each their own. I'm inclined to agree, except that the offer was for two of the same card. I have him 3/5 so this would have finished him.
  • Options
    I haven’t even been given this offer, and yes I’ve restarted etc. temporarily rescinded to fix the issue?
  • Options
    Burned by the rescinded ability to purchase a second time as well. Ticket submitted.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    I haven’t even been given this offer, and yes I’ve restarted etc. temporarily rescinded to fix the issue?

It is not a pop up offer. It is in the portal.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

It is not a pop up offer. It is in the portal.

This. It's in the Portal. I saw it when I went to do my new Dabo Wheel.

Tip: From what some said above, if you are looking to hit t twice, and want the DYC, do it, refresh, take the DYC, then take he second Offer.

Might not be great Crew, but look at it as FREE 5* Crew for buying Chronies. 1250 Chronies, without extra stuff, is $9.99 during Galaxy Events, when offered.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

But see above for the logic that it basically a free * or free new 5* with the Chronies........
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, looks like DB will have to make this offer available by Thursday if they meant for us to buy twice.

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

But see above for the logic that it basically a free * or free new 5* with the Chronies........

Yes, if you're crazy enough to buy chrons with cash. I have upwards of 15k chrons right now and I've placed top 1k in every event in this mega.

Justify it anyway you like, it's still a questionable deal for an obsolete crew.

For you.

Maybe there are players who don't have stacks of Chronies lying around, nor an abundance of 5* Crew. I do occasionally think of other people. It's a character flaw........

I don't think you realize how bad 1701 Sisko is.

I'm thinking of other as well, by telling them not to waste their money on this deal.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    1701 sisko has very poor skills. But he is a Sisko from one of my favorite episodes.

Already have him 3/5. Not sure what to do yet... ;-)
  • Options
    Yep, I too am annoyed my deal disappeared after purchasing once.... I would like to get the 2nd one and I have no idea how to submit a support ticket....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    Yep, I too am annoyed my deal disappeared after purchasing once.... I would like to get the 2nd one and I have no idea how to submit a support ticket....

You just hit the menu in the top right corner and hit “contact support”.
  • Options
    FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'm thinking about buying this deal as well. I have him at 1/5, and I like to add stars. I'm aware he is a "rubbish" crew, but the faster I star him, the faster I'll freeze him, and I'm still needing dem sweets chrons. What should I do?

EDIT : Bought it once. Couldn't buy it twice, the offer disappeared.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Yes, if you're crazy enough to buy chrons with cash. I have upwards of 15k chrons right now and I've placed top 1k in every event in this mega.

Justify it anyway you like, it's still a questionable deal for an obsolete crew.

For you.

Maybe there are players who don't have stacks of Chronies lying around, nor an abundance of 5* Crew. I do occasionally think of other people. It's a character flaw........

I don't think you realize how bad 1701 Sisko is.

I'm thinking of other as well, by telling them not to waste their money on this deal.

Again, if someone is starting out, ANY 5* is probably a little better than NO 5*. Just saying. The Crew is basically FREE compared to the standard Chronies deal.....

EDIT TO ADD: Is it a great deal for you or me? Or other established players? Not really. Would it help someone lower, who was going to buy Chronies for the next Galaxy Event any way? Maybe.

A newer player can get 2500 Chronies, plus a Level 60 3/5* Legendary, that gives the secondary Bonus this week's Event, if they get it twice, plus the DYC. Might help them do just a little better this Event.

Is it as good as last week, when we got Flight Suit Paris? No. I used the daylights out of him Skirmish and Expedition.

• Options
    I do kind of like how it is in the portal rather than getting the pop up every time the game is opened for 24 hours (I do wish there was a way to not be reminded about the upcoming event or a Monday offer I don't want after seeing it once or thrice), though it will take some getting used to as I initially thought there just wasn't a universal Tuesday offer today; had I not checked the portal to see if I made it in time for another honor pull, I wouldn't have seen it until Dabo after the reset.

As much as I like the episode and could use the chrons to FE crew from said honor offers, I personally can't quite justify $10 for a card, particularly one that seems to be among the weakest of the Siskos in the portal. Probably has more value than the next 10/$10 offer I buy, but I'm irrational.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I have him at 4/5, so perfect deal for me.