Home The Bridge
Options

1701 Sisko sale

2»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this Sisko at 1/5. I do not believe adding to this crew is worth my money. His stats are terrible.

But see above for the logic that it basically a free * or free new 5* with the Chronies........

Yes, if you're crazy enough to buy chrons with cash. I have upwards of 15k chrons right now and I've placed top 1k in every event in this mega.

Justify it anyway you like, it's still a questionable deal for an obsolete crew.

For you.

Maybe there are players who don't have stacks of Chronies lying around, nor an abundance of 5* Crew. I do occasionally think of other people. It's a character flaw........

I don't think you realize how bad 1701 Sisko is.

I'm thinking of other as well, by telling them not to waste their money on this deal.

Again, if someone is starting out, ANY 5* is probably a little better than NO 5*. Just saying. The Crew is basically FREE compared to the standard Chronies deal.....

I disagree. 1701 is even worse than a bunch of 4* FF crew (including the Sisko variant Gabriel Bell). He would also take up a crew spot which are vital for players trying to grow their roster. This Sisko at 1/5 would only be good short term, then he would end up relegated in the barely used 1/5 crew catagory.

That chron deal (in my opinion) is and always will be a terrible bang for your buck offer. Careful planning and saving chronitons will get you the same result for free.

I agree it is better to not have to buy Chronies. But, some people aren't yet able to swing two six hour Voyages a day yet. {Also please see my edits, that took forever to do bceause this tablet is about to fly across the room, clarifying my point.}

Also, if people do keep taking these Offers, they are more likely to be an ongoing thing, with better Crew sometimes. Some stink, some are good for different people. A couple of people have commented on this Offer giving them the chance to finish off a sucky Crew they wanted for reasons, that they can then freeze to open a Slot.

Just saying. And no offense..........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this Sisko at 1/5. I do not believe adding to this crew is worth my money. His stats are terrible.

But see above for the logic that it basically a free * or free new 5* with the Chronies........

Yes, if you're crazy enough to buy chrons with cash. I have upwards of 15k chrons right now and I've placed top 1k in every event in this mega.

Justify it anyway you like, it's still a questionable deal for an obsolete crew.

For you.

Maybe there are players who don't have stacks of Chronies lying around, nor an abundance of 5* Crew. I do occasionally think of other people. It's a character flaw........

I'm thinking of other as well, by telling them not to waste their money on this deal.

Again, if someone is starting out, ANY 5* is probably a little better than NO 5*. Just saying. The Crew is basically FREE compared to the standard Chronies deal.....

I disagree. 1701 is even worse than a bunch of 4* FF crew (including the Sisko variant Gabriel Bell). He would also take up a crew spot which are vital for players trying to grow their roster. This Sisko at 1/5 would only be good short term, then he would end up relegated in the barely used 1/5 crew catagory.

That chron deal (in my opinion) is and always will be a terrible bang for your buck offer. Careful planning and saving chronitons will get you the same result for free.

I agree it is better to not have to buy Chronies. But, some people aren't yet able to swing two six hour Voyages a day yet. {Also please see my edits, that took forever to do bceause this tablet is about to fly across the room, clarifying my point.}

Also, if people do keep taking these Offers, they are more likely to be an ongoing thing, with better Crew sometimes. Some stink, some are good for different people. A couple of people have commented on this Offer giving them the chance to finish off a sucky Crew they wanted for reasons, that they can then freeze to open a Slot.

No offense taken. And I completely agree with the continuous purchasing of these offers. I jumped on the Durango Troi offer immediately. I'm just saying that I don't like this offer and I want to make sure other forum members are aware of what they are buying before spending the cash.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

For you.

I’m struggling to see how Gabriel Bell is better than 1701 Sisko when immortalized (skills plus traits they do not share are listed):

Bell - 815+(102-267) DIP, 589+(152-354) COM, 222+(181-342) SEC; Hero, Costumed
    1701 - 1031+(64-139) SEC, 957+(253-539) COM, 513+(87-173); Inspiring, Undercover Operative

If your assertion is that a 1/5* 1701 Sisko is worse than a 4/4* Bell, you have a point - 1/5* 1701 Sisko’s base skills are a little better but his proficiencies together are worse. But he has a higher ceiling when it comes to skills and, I think, better traits for voyages.

There are also the issues of availability/opportunity and subjective value. If there were a deal for buying two stars of Gabriel Bell for $10 (purchaseable twice) right next to the existing deal (assuming it really was purchasable twice as claimed), you might still have trouble claiming that the Bell offer would be a better deal for someone with neither character - $20 spent on immortalizing Bell would give you a crew objectively worse than the same $20 spent on acquiring a 2/5* 1701 Sisko. However, if Player X has Bell at 2/4* and no Sisko, he would be able to get a better crew for $10 by taking the Bell offer over the 1701 offer.

I wholly agree that the $10 for 1250 chrons deal is highway robbery, useful only for someone desperately trying to get into the top 1000 that has run out of chrons right at the end of a Galaxy event. And paying for credits is an even worse deal. This Sisko deal really should be considered as just like the other $10 specials for older 5* crew - not for everyone but something that is appreciated when compared to that short run of $25 offers. The wrinkle of (nominally) offering it twice is an interesting move that I would for sure like to see in the future.
  • Options
    ch thiote="Zetterbeard ;c-135020"]

For you.

No offense taken. And I completely agree with the continuous purchasing of these offers. I jumped on the Durango Troi offer immediately. I'm just saying that I don't like this offer and I want to make sure other forum members are aware of what they are buying before spending the cash.[/quote]

He definitely is not the best $9.99 Offer they have done. I took Flight Suit Paris right away, just for how cool he looks, then us

For you.

No offense taken. And I completely agree with the continuous purchasing of these offers. I jumped on the Durango Troi offer immediately. I'm just saying that I don't like this offer and I want to make sure other forum members are aware of what they are buying before spending the cash.

I jumped on Flight Suit Paris just because he is cool looking. lucked out that he and BrydZia were my Crew for the entire Skirmish, and he was very useful for the first Expedition, with Med/Eng. Sisko might not help so much this week's Event..............
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet as! I already have him FE!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I bought it once, fused it with my existing 1/5 FE, and then the offer disappeared. It said initially that it was limit TWO per player, but I was only able to get it once.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I like the fact that the deal will run more than 12 hours. I hope they get the "limit 2" thing worked out. I think the tweak to the Tuesday offer is beneficial to players.

I think I have enough bonus crew without this Sisko. If I already had him, I would have bought the star for $10. Also if it wasn't the end of a mega where I've accumulated bonus crew, I would have been more likely to consider it. Oh... and if I had more crew slots.

FYI DB, I still don't have Lorca. Do a Lorca offer and you'll get $20 if not $70 for the DYC offers as well.
  • Options
    Dunno if this was an accident but I was able to get my 2nd one by logging into my account on an entirely different device.... instead of my cellphone I logged into my game on my tablet
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    I think the issue is resolved.
  • Options
    Got a response from CS... issue has been fixed. Restart the client, and the offer appears again for the second purchase.
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »

For you.

In some cases, a better use of that $10 might be on a keyboard where the period key doesn't stick.

Just saying.

The Keyboard just pops up on the touchscreen.

Just saying..................................
  • Options
    Got mine at 5/5 so didnt even bite once on this offer, hope it all gets sorted out
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if this was an accident but I was able to get my 2nd one by logging into my account on an entirely different device.... instead of my cellphone I logged into my game on my tablet

That is what I had to do as well.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep they fixed it. It is in portal again for 2nd purchase.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

For you.

In some cases, a better use of that $10 might be on a keyboard where the period key doesn't stick.

Just saying.

The Keyboard just pops up on the touchscreen.

Just saying..................................

Ah, it's a medical condition. I'm sorry to hear that. Happy Christmas! o:)
  • Options
    I experienced the error of not being able to purchase the second copy immediately after the first. I logged back into the game a few hours later, and there it was again. I picked up both to get my 1701 Sisko to 4/5.
  • Options
    Congrats to all that got their 5th copy. Don't really have the cash for him. I have a soft spot for 1701 crew, even if this version of Sisko isn't the greatest.