Home The Bridge
Options

2 part ads

2»

Comments

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Never knew these were a thing either, I'm in Canada so again, could be a regional thing

I'm in Australia and yet I get them annoyingly.

Oh ok. This is an easy fix. Just move to Canada :smiley:
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Never knew these were a thing either, I'm in Canada so again, could be a regional thing

I'm in Australia and yet I get them annoyingly.

Oh ok. This is an easy fix. Just move to Canada :smiley:

We don't have a "country's full" attitude like the U.S. seems to have right now either
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Your two-parter ad seems to last for 15 seconds. Considering normal ad lasts most of the time for 30 seconds I don't see the problem here.
  • Options
    Your two-parter add seems to last for 15 seconds. Considering normal add lasts most of the time for 30 seconds I don't see the problem here.

I just find them doubly annoying, especially the ones that make a noise in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure all of the 2 parter ads I've ever seen have been the 12UP ads, some have video, but do not have sound. I'd rather have silent ads than the ones that override my phone's mute/volume control...if that's any consolation. But at least they're about NFL football. :p

I just find them doubly annoying, especially the ones that make a noise in the middle of the night.

• Options
    I hate them with a burning passion. I do not care about basketball or national football. And if I did, I can't even scroll thanks to the pop up ads from THOSE...

Just give me repetitive Final Fantasy ads and I'll be fine.
  • Options
    The WORST are the ones that demand you rotate your device and won’t proceed unless you do.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate them with a burning passion. I do not care about basketball or national football. And if I did, I can't even scroll thanks to the pop up ads from THOSE...

Just give me repetitive Final Fantasy ads and I'll be fine.

I never thought I'd be craving more FF ads!

The game whose actual gameplay makes Galaxy events look like 3-dimensional chess, lol.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like these, they are the only way I can get the free Dabo spin. Until the two parters came along I couldn’t get a single ad to work correctly
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Your two-parter ad seems to last for 15 seconds. Considering normal ad lasts most of the time for 30 seconds I don't see the problem here.

As someone said before, most of them don’t start the countdown until about 10-15 seconds in, so you’re stuck waiting to wait. If/when they do load, it’s just ads within ads and you can’t even scroll or stop/mute the auto-play videos so you’re just stuck there for a full minute with unstoppable visual and auditory noise. After half a dozen times a day or more, it wears on you. I now have a deep hatred for all things 12-up.

I was exclusively getting the 2-parters, but the past few weeks I haven’t gotten any - just the old-school ads for other games and it’s been simply wonderful
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    The WORST are the ones that demand you rotate your device and won’t proceed unless you do.

Especially when you rotate the device and the ad still doesn't start...

• Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

Especially when you rotate the device and the ad still doesn't start...

Especially especially when the rotated ad is for the American Association of Retired Persons. I get it, I get it, you think I'm an old fart. That's what I get for making Gauntlet references on the forums.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    I had those AARP ads a few months ago, I hated those too. I usually keep my phone on scroll lock, so it forced me to undo my lock for the ad, then relock it later. CAREGIVER is the crossword answer BTW...lol...

Especially especially when the rotated ad is for the American Association of Retired Persons. I get it, I get it, you think I'm an old fart. That's what I get for making Gauntlet references on the forums.