Home The Bridge
Options

I was wondering what people generally use dilithium for: If you use dilithium for multiple things...

choose the one you use dilithium for most frequently. This poll could help new players see how we experienced players use dil, if at all.

I was wondering what people generally use dilithium for: If you use dilithium for multiple things... 75 votes

Event packs / general packs
52%
Zombie Squirrel eXo | das411[TUFG] Siguardscruffy151[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorGrumpferDragenFinnbar[SFW] Quick ClaudekvafykobaK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaSoupKitchen RikerGlenn Fiddich(HGH)Apollo[10F] Beltalowda Banditguest_757423444811776Thurthoradrobownage 39 votes
Extra cadet missions
4%
Capt AjammSynthetic CommanderBylo Band 3 votes
Extending voyages
21%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Captain TFRoadrunner {SG-66}Hungry Dog DDMMr. LincolnLeadHead[Deleted User]captain_yarveXDScottHewittDavideBooks[DC] Picard Loves RedsSelene 7Captain Romar5000 QuatloosSpukkZ 16 votes
Recalling voyages
2%
S14 Bri Voniatko 2 votes
Speeding up shuttles, probably during faction events
0%
Extra Arena battles (unlikely)
0%
Extra scans (surely not)
0%
Speeding up starbase upgrades (unlikely)
0%
Extra chronitons
0%
Other
20%
Captain_Who[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileCommander SinclairLegendary Spaceman(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]estoppel42SMMGib - Admiral MarinersShy KhankapuTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusWildstar19Thorozar Petrichor 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    Recalling voyages
    c2rg60sl7w7a.png
    I added more options, but only ten options allowed
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Recalling voyages
    I most frequently use dilithium for recalling voyages, mainly if my chronitons are low during or leading up to a galaxy event. I also get event packs, especially if the event has crew I haven’t got inmmortalised yet.

I think recalling voyages is more beneficial than extending (if you can always hit over 8 hours)....
  • Options
    Extra shuttles first up to 4, than slots and packs
  • Options
    Generally save up for an event where I really like the characters. Else the rare occasion where I get some nice voyage rewards but forget and need to revive
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Slots.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Other
    Normally I use it for a supply kit every day. Also event /special packs. In the past I have used it for Slots and voyage extension.
  • Options
    Recalling voyages
    Normally I use it for a supply kit every day. Also event /special packs. In the past I have used it for Slots and voyage extension.

A supply kit every day?! That’s a helluva habit haha. Why don’t you try a supply kit 2-3 times per week and have a kind of leveling up fest?! On the off days replicate cheap hard to acquire items like ancient film, holprograms and science experiments? Just a suggestion, and of course, if using a supply kit daily feels right, keep it up!
  • Options
    Extending voyages
    I'm guilty of using DIL for Speeding up Starbase upgrade once.

And only once.
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

I too have used it for extended crew slots.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Other
    after the 4th shuttle all has gone to slots (during sales).
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra cadet missions
    I buy extra cadet tickets a minimum of 4 times per week, and combine them with ad watch double reward bonuses to bulk farm hard to get faction items.

I also buy event packs.
  • Options
    I use it for event/other pack offers that suit my crew needs, such as the Diplomatic Relations pack that is half off.

I’ll also use it to extend voyages if they’re dropping purples, but that hasn’t been happening lately. I haven’t been getting crap from voyages.

Otherwise, that’s about it. I still need to buy a 4th shuttle too.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Other
    gobolts07 wrote: »

I would prioritise this if I were you... more stuff in general and an extra 33% of faction event score.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Recalling voyages
    I have also used dil to speed up the upgrade of the starbase (once), before realizing it only speeds up the process by 10% haha
  • Options
    kapu wrote: »
    gobolts07 wrote: »

I would prioritise this if I were you... more stuff in general and an extra 33% of faction event score.

You’re right about this. I’m sitting on 5k dilithium too from the offer the other day. I need to just bite the bullet and buy it.
  • Options
    Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Other

A supply kit every day?! That’s a helluva habit haha. Why don’t you try a supply kit 2-3 times per week and have a kind of leveling up fest?! On the off days replicate cheap hard to acquire items like ancient film, holprograms and science experiments? Just a suggestion, and of course, if using a supply kit daily feels right, keep it up!

I use the supply kit as it helps save credits, and chronitons. I have a monthly card, so use 70 dil 5 days a week. We usually kit 2 kit in event threshold.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra cadet missions

I use the supply kit as it helps save credits, and chronitons. I have a monthly card, so use 70 dil 5 days a week. We usually kit 2 kit in event threshold.

Kind of amazed you're still a Mariner, would have thought Dipoto would have traded you by now!
  • Options
    Other
    Just a fan. And have been since the first season.
  • Options
    Other
    Never used to speed up Starbase upgrade, but I have on occasion use some to allow me more donations if we are really close on a certain room.

My usage:

Voyage Extensions. Not often, but when I have really good crew & skill matches that will get me close to 10 hours without extension, then the rewards likely merit an extension or 2. Especially if there have been 1st part dilemmas for Voyage crew I don't have complete yet.

Event Pulls. I had never really done this until the last couple months, mostly because I have so many crew. This has only happened recently more because I want to add *s to event crew, or in cases of Skirmish Event, adding schems to get that new 5* ship.

Cadet Tickets. Before the "Double Rewards" ads showed up, I did this much more often, probably 3 or 4 times a week for chrons and definitely when I needed credits. I only buy more Cadet tix when I am low on shuttle boosts now.

Dabo: If there is a major top shelf item I want, I will spend a few (no more than 50) dils, then do the ad boost, which nets me 4 pulls.

Supply Kit. This time is almost ended as all my crew are FE'd. When there are 2 new event crew on my roster though, or in cases of Skirmish Event, then I will definitely still buy these.

Previous purchases to 2018: Crew Slots, extra shuttles, portal pulls, extra credits (directly), extra chrons (directly), a couple times I refreshed crew in the Gauntlet because I wanted that 1st place achievement, and once I bought an item in the Faction Store, and of course all of the above listed many times over.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Slots
  • Options
    Recalling voyages
    Never used to speed up Starbase upgrade, but I have on occasion use some to allow me more donations if we are really close on a certain room.

My usage:

Voyage Extensions. Not often, but when I have really good crew & skill matches that will get me close to 10 hours without extension, then the rewards likely merit an extension or 2. Especially if there have been 1st part dilemmas for Voyage crew I don't have complete yet.

Event Pulls. I had never really done this until the last couple months, mostly because I have so many crew. This has only happened recently more because I want to add *s to event crew, or in cases of Skirmish Event, adding schems to get that new 5* ship.

Cadet Tickets. Before the "Double Rewards" ads showed up, I did this much more often, probably 3 or 4 times a week for chrons and definitely when I needed credits. I only buy more Cadet tix when I am low on shuttle boosts now.

Dabo: If there is a major top shelf item I want, I will spend a few (no more than 50) dils, then do the ad boost, which nets me 4 pulls.

Supply Kit. This time is almost ended as all my crew are FE'd. When there are 2 new event crew on my roster though, or in cases of Skirmish Event, then I will definitely still buy these.

Previous purchases to 2018: Crew Slots, extra shuttles, portal pulls, extra credits (directly), extra chrons (directly), a couple times I refreshed crew in the Gauntlet because I wanted that 1st place achievement, and once I bought an item in the Faction Store, and of course all of the above listed many times over.

Nice summary
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to buy packs, now I'm on a crew space crisis, so I haven't in over a month (maybe 2, IDK)

Also, buying event packs is only an option if there are no immortalized crew in them, which becomes unlikely after playing for a while.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extending voyages
    I used to extend about once a day. Now I am saving for crew slots, but I still think extensions are the best bang for your buck.

I also get extra cadet tickets every Thursday. Well worth the money.

I use supply kits twice on galaxy events, once on galaxy hybrids, and often once a weekend when I really need to level a crew. But I have never bought one. I get one per event which basically keeps my numbers even. Add to that the bonus kits from various achievements and minimal extra.effort on events when I was new and I have 25 kits waiting unused. I find once a week on average to be plenty. Other days I do minimum building and then spend a bunch when needed.

And I have on seldom occasions recalled a crew or bought an extra Dabo ticket. I even once bought a pull with dilithium, but that was a waste.
  • Options
    Other
    Crew slots!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Crew slots! The ROI on everything else is so close to 0 that it only creates frustration and buyers remorse.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I have tried a number of things, I think event packs and (to a lesser extent) Tuesday packs are what I spend the most on. I do occasional voyage extensions and rarely will get extra cadet tickets on Thursdays as well. I also never spend dil on regular 10x premium packs, just event or Tuesday packs - the only time I open regular 10x packs is when they come in deals or threshold rewards. There are too few purples left for me to fuse to waste money on these anymore.
  • Options
    Extending voyages
    I primarily use Dil on extending voyages that I forget to recall and on event/special packs where I need additional SR copies.
  • Options
    Other
    I use dil to extend voyages and buy packs.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event packs mostly.
  • Options
    Recalling voyages
    Actually mostly extending voyages (misclicked in poll), followed by packs & gauntlet (only when i really “have to”)
  • Options
    Extra cadet missions
    I have terrible rng in packs, getting the one already ff. I used to get slots but now @390. So i get extra cadets for shuttle boosts now.
    ~ seeking out new life