Home The Bridge

Least liked character audio

I mostly play with the volume muted, but every so often I screw up and have it on. invariably I end up hearing senior Scotty with his " no bloody A, B, etc" rant. Groan

Comments

• My crew is Scotty free, might have to hold on the next one I find. I also usually play with the sound off, however when I turn my volume up it is always 1701 J Dax and T' Pol who put in their two cents, "I LOVE classic 23rd century design." and "With proper discipline anything is possible."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So few have sound quotes that any sound quotes are better than none. If I was to choose a least liked sound quote it would be Wesley's forlorn "I always get an A."
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty is one of my favorite characters and that probably his best line from Relics but it is so. Freaking. Looooong. And because there are few audio snippets, it comes up a lot when any Scotty variant or skill is selected.

So, until the day I discovered you could turn off all in-game audio, that was my least favorite character audio clip. The only times I have turned it back on was to listen to Senator Vreenak, and that hasn’t happened for a while now.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty is one of my favorite characters and that probably his best line from Relics but it is so. Freaking. Looooong. And because there are few audio snippets, it comes up a lot when any Scotty variant or skill is selected.

So, until the day I discovered you could turn off all in-game audio, that was my least favorite character audio clip. The only times I have turned it back on was to listen to Senator Vreenak, and that hasn’t happened for a while now.
  • Scotty's long rant for sure. That’s the only one I don’t like.

I wish more cards had audio clips though. I love them.
  • guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Double Post
  • guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Double post
  • Worst: Q, anything by Q... and if I forget to turn my phone on silent, and anyone around me hears any of the Q dialogues at the start of the game, I kinda curl up and die a little bit.

Best: It’s a faaaaaake!
  • You all realize many of the sound clips are different for the arena than the rest of the game?

Unfortunately I don't get a chance to hear them because either ship is destroyed too fast so I don't get to click on their icon to hear them. Of those I have heard, Khan is probably the most annoying just yelling "FIRE!" over and over
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly play with the volume muted, but every so often I screw up and have it on. invariably I end up hearing senior Scotty with his " no bloody A, B, etc" rant. Groan
    Wait this game has sound? I turned mine off about a year ago and never looked back. The constant beeps and whistles are just damn annoying.
    DB: Do Better
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    ooops double post...
    DB: Do Better
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Janeway's "I don't respond well to threats!" happens all the time as she is a regular on my cadet team, and it always leads me to get into arguments with her.

BYLO: *selects Janeway to be part of the away team*
    JANEWAY: I don't respond well to threats!
    BYLO: Whoa, calm down Captain, this is not a threat, I just need you to lead this away mission!
    JANEWAY: ....
    BYLO: *drags Janeway onto the first node to clear it*
    JANEWAY: I don't respond well to threats!
    BYLO: HEY! Not a threat! Now would you mind commanding already?!
    JANEWAY: ....

this just gave me horrible horrible PTSD to the time we had Janeway in an EXPEDITION event:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Resistance

man, we should've gotten XP for every time we heard I DON'T RESPOND WELL TO THREATS or LET'S GET STARTED :s

but while we're on the topic, is there a reason why only certain variants of people have sounds and the rest do not? Like, 1* Spock or Sulu being the only ones who talk, or 1701 Jadzia's not carrying over to the other Jadzias?
  • "FIRE!"
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst sound quote is none which far too many crew have. We need more sound quotes!
    Let’s fly!
  • I stopped using Odo because "Luck has nothing to do with it".
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Least liked clip is TNG theme that plays constantly.
  • I can do without Worf's sound clips
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the Scotty clip. But every time I hear, "AREN'T YA GLAD YOU BROUGHT ME ALONG?" I inform Ezri that I am not glad. And then turn off my sound for the rest of the weekend.
    Farewell 🖖
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARCHER: "I'll be right behind you."
    ME: No you won't, I'm sending you in first!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    B'ellana Torres, the 'not bothered by what people think of me' line. It' so dull the way it's delivered, it's like she is falling sleep while saying it.
  • I play with the game muted, so I could do without all their audio.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my sound off. I usually have a YouTube playlist going at the library when I am gaming. But, heard that long Scott quote yesterday doing my other account on the App. Once was sufficient...........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."