Home The Bridge

Which character is [ this ]?

Who else is has been getting "Which character is [ this ]" and "Which character is [ this ]?" question lately?

e27qgl59gsgq.png

When you click on the answer, all it says is "No nanoprobes detected. You may return to your post."

aj45mrxuehxx.png

Comments

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should have picked the one on the right

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got macro-checked twice between Thursday and Friday.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got macro-checked twice between Thursday and Friday.

I have never seen it.
  • Ive seen in once, after i left the app open in the background of my phone for few hours, opened to see it asking me which character is Archer.
  • edited January 2019
    The coupla times i got it, it was within seconds of logging in and not, as others here have stated, after hours of being logged in but not playing. Made me question the whole point of even having it. (edited for clarity)
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    I saw it maybe 4 or 5 times in this event. at least 3 of those were in during long streaks of clicking (steam) so it does trigger during intense activity too... but yeah it goes off after a break too.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • i dont see it i this event but is take me only less 24 hr finish me event and win 402 k i started around 22:00 thurday and friday i have me 402 k but in other event i see it
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had the anti-macro check twice before.

It seems to happen for me only if I stop playing half way through a build screen.

As per Apple’s guidelines I don’t forcibly quit the game when I’m not playing, I just switch apps or lock phone.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my first one on Saturday.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the times I have seen it was when I left the app and come back after a couple hrs.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I am not the aDroid you are looking for.

Sad, this comment was what pushed me over the edge for a 5th star...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • I only get it when I play on Gameroom, maybe because I leave STT open while doing other stuff on my computer.
    edited January 2019
    Curious, why did you pick Spirk Comment moderated. Nothing productive or nice to say, don't post. ˜Shan
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Curious, why did you pick Spirk Comment moderated. Nothing productive or nice to say, don't post. ˜Shan?

Maybe it was an in-game filter issue? Hmm. It blocks the weirdest things.

Anyway, as for being topical: I have multiple accounts, I have seen it once. In total. Funny enough, I saw it on my iPad, which is the device I use for my secondary account, which doesn't do well in events...

But my primary account, which has gotten top 100 in two skirmish hybrids since the invention of the popup, a few top 1ks in galaxies (including this last weekend, when my score was upwards of 800k), etc, has not seen it even once.

I think this popup is fabulous at what it is designed to do-- show players that DB does care about macro usage. The rage over macros has died down a lot.

I don't think it's actually doing anything to someone using a macro, though. xD
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Curious, why did you pick Spirk Comment moderated. Nothing productive or nice to say, don't post. ˜Shan?

Maybe it was an in-game filter issue? Hmm. It blocks the weirdest things.

Surprised you haven't come across that before, but Spirk has been the unofficial name (used for decades) for people who 'ship Kirk & Spock as a romantic couple. If you spend any time at all on any Trek-related Tumblr sites, you'll definitely come across a ton of "Spirk" fan art and the like. (Along with nearly every other possible pairing of characters, of course. The next most popular 'ship would probably be Garak and Bashir — although it could be argued that that was actually rather overt on the show itself; Andrew Robinson has even said he specifically played upon that subtext when the two characters interacted.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • edited January 2019
    Curious, why did you pick Spirk Comment moderated. Nothing productive or nice to say, don't post. ˜Shan

Very funny Capt. Chaos. You're comment is rude.

For everyone's information, Spirk was given to me as a nickname while I was in high-school by a friend, who teased me because of my love for Trek. I found it rude at first, but I took it in jest and found it tolerable later in life and began to use this handle for everything. This is now my nickname.

I did not go to any Trek-related Tumblr sites, thank you very much. Don't assume I did.

I hate it when people assume too much of me. You do not know me.

I wonder if people use the nickname Spork.
    Well, you learn something new every star date. :)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know Supernatural fans 'ship the Winchester Brothers? Probably more than CasLey?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know Supernatural fans 'ship the Winchester Brothers? Probably more than CasLey?

I've never understood that.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

I've never understood that.

Me, either. I mean, I get CasLey. Especially because Mark Sheppard really cranks up the innuendo. But, the brothers? But, I bet there is an internet rule for that,too. Just like whichever rule it is that a gender-switched cosplay exists somewhere for every major character.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • what happens if your not paying attention and you click on the wrong one i mean people go in to auto pilot with this game at-least i do and im worried what would happen to my account i have had for 3 years now and have put quite a bit of money into or worse the game hangs (i have a cheap tablet and a less then reliable net connection) right when it goes to bot check me. i am legit worried that the game will delete my stuff
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viperch25 wrote: »
    what happens if your not paying attention and you click on the wrong one i mean people go in to auto pilot with this game at-least i do and im worried what would happen to my account i have had for 3 years now and have put quite a bit of money into or worse the game hangs (i have a cheap tablet and a less then reliable net connection) right when it goes to bot check me. i am legit worried that the game will delete my stuff

I've wondered this, too, @Viperch25. Because I'm not expecting it, I'm habitually ready to click the middle of my screen when it pops up. I just know one day I'm going to click the middle character before my brain catches up to what just happened.