Home The Bridge

Plague of Plagues compensation.....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
In-game mail has gone out with 500 Chronies
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Chronitons, chrons or sorrytons (but never ‘chronies’, sorry OP!) are generally inadequate as compensation.

Compensation should represent what we could have earned from rewards had we not been hampered. This will vary immensely from player to player.

Since giving players things costs DB nothing (they can readjust future crew and pack offerings on the fly ‘invisibly’ to recoup any drop in spend on packs), I’d suggest that any compensation for any game issues should always be at least a little bit useful.

How about on this occasion 25,000 honor to all players, but with the offer to investigate cases one by one if players had a particular strategy that was ruined by this bug?

Again, giving compensation likes this costs DB absolutely ZERO.
  • If someone was seriously hampered by the inability to craft that particular mission, I hope they can have that addressed appropriately. For me, the bug affected me not at all, so I am happy to have anything extra for it.
  • It was a strange bug... I was able to craft the item but only with Gladiator McCoy whom the game seemed to auto select for me to craft with.
  • Pro - sorrytons not awarded during event itself further skewing game

THIS RIGHT HERE. Never again, please.
  • Major KonigsMajor Konigs ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    for me finish the event saturday around 13:00 when turning me 470 rare vacin and hit 402k dont wana spend more chronitron to win that Hawk redshirt whit few line i dont event play 2nd part for me is 500 free chronitron :)
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • edited January 2019
    I've posted on a few other threads and tbh I'm fine with this compensation. It's not worth my headspace to be playing CS lottery. And as mentioned above, at least it wasn't awarded mid-event. 👍
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with this compensation and it's timing. I'll be able to FE a crew with it. Maybe 2.
  • I actually found a work around so...thanks for the free chrons! If i built a different event item before i built the problematic item, that same crew member would be in the build slot. Granted they werent the best crew member for the job but it got done. Oh wait, i probably shouldve posted about this in the event...sorry gang.
  • I actually found a work around so...thanks for the free chrons! If i built a different event item before i built the problematic item, that same crew member would be in the build slot. Granted they werent the best crew member for the job but it got done. Oh wait, i probably shouldve posted about this in the event...sorry gang.

That recipe didn't drop rare rewards when it was forced to work, so it might have been better if you had just skipped it instead.
  • RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭

Pro - addresses promptly at end of event
    Pro - underlying bug identified
    Pro - sorrytons not awarded during event itself further skewing game
    Pro - Shan communicated on bug during game and let us know it likely wouldn’t be resolved during

I’m good and while no bug would have been better, props for the CS.

I completely agree. Everyone was aware of the issue and could work around it. Sorrytrons during the event is usually a disaster.
    Sure, it’s undoubtedly better than giving out sorrytons while the event is still running, but I can’t help but feel most people commenting are missing the point.

And that is, big issue with the event (the 2nd within the same event and not a new bug either), where is a meaningful gesture of apology?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a strange bug... I was able to craft the item but only with Gladiator McCoy whom the game seemed to auto select for me to craft with.

For me it was the EMA, but otherwise the exact same.
    I actually found a work around so...thanks for the free chrons! If i built a different event item before i built the problematic item, that same crew member would be in the build slot. Granted they werent the best crew member for the job but it got done. Oh wait, i probably shouldve posted about this in the event...sorry gang.

I did something similar. If I encountered the bug while working in the middle group of items, I'd immediately stop and switch to either the right or the left groups. For whatever reason if I left the bugged item unfinished in the middle section, it would not appear again for a long time in my new group. Eventually though I'd have to complete one. Don't beat yourself up though for not sharing, I too assumed people would just stop doing the bugged item and find a solution, given the intense competition.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Incredible. The last time this happened, they gave out the rare crafted items to each account based on how many times that bugged recipe had been run, clearly showing that it affected different accounts to a different degree, and that they understood this.

My ticket just got the update: edit: I forgot we're not supposed to copy/paste agent responses (even though I'm sure everyone got this update, word for word!), but it says everyone was affected the same and individual compensation won't be considered.

Last time the issue that affected different players to a different degree yielded proportionate compensation, but this time it does not..? Shan even had this information provided during the 31 hours between this bug going live and someone at DB clocking in (and having a 96-hour event with no staff checking in for a third of the event is a whole issue of its own!).
    If someone was seriously hampered by the inability to craft that particular mission, I hope they can have that addressed appropriately. For me, the bug affected me not at all, so I am happy to have anything extra for it.
    Thanks. I hadn't noticed because that is one of the builds I chose to skip. I'm glad I chose to skip that one, now.

^ some people were not affected at all.
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    The last time this happened, they gave out a number of the super-rare item to players based on how many times they'd run the bugged recipe.

Will that happen again this time, Shan? Or do we need to stop playing until it is fixed?

You don't have to play that mission. Just do the others. That one is more expensive, anyway.

Not for me it isn't. I have over 50 of every item for that recipe, so I'd generate 50,000VP from it without counting super-rares, plus VP from four other 50+-item-missions on rotation, meaning 250,000VP + super-rares without needing a single chron.
    The middle slot is completely broken ... the old multi-build bug is back for just that slot but without the bonus of multiple rares.

I'd echo PenguinJim, this impacts those of us who have prefarmed inventory across all recipes.
    Those of us that prefarmed have had all those items force craft "preservation protocols" (I have had 112 Preservation Protocols force made) yet we're unable to use those Preservation Protocols to complete "A Ticking Clock"

Does that still sound fair?

^ Some people were affected, and we don't know exactly how significantly.

Because their previous response to a similar issue was proportionate redress during the event, and this response is blanket compensation, it saddens me to see that DB have gone so far as to lie about it. I get where they're coming from - they didn't bother to properly staff the event they chose to host, and now they can't be bothered to spend any time fixing it. But the lie just adds insult to injury.

At the end of the day, though, in my estimation it wasn't a big deal. I've received Chronitons for outages that didn't affect me before, so maybe on balance I'm doing OK. It's just a shame they had to word their response in such a way as to make themselves look like twonks.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    As I posted here prior to the event being complete, the 500 chrons is a joke and unacceptable. DB owes me 10 times as much.

My rank in the event was not hampered because I could easily build the recipe (too easily, it would appear) so I'm not asking for any extra ranked rewards, however if such rewards are sent out then I do also demand them as well for fairness. That is to say, in addition to the 5000 chrons I'm owed.

I feel sorry for the poor representative who answers my ticket because I am 1000% positive they're going to not read it, skim a few words and say that the 500 were sent out and that we're even. Their day is going to be ruined when they get my response.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the poor representative who answers my ticket because I am 1000% positive they're going to not read it, skim a few words and say that the 500 were sent out and that we're even. Their day is going to be ruined when they get my response.

Please remember that the agent dealing with your ticket has provided a copy/paste response from DB. It is not their fault. I know it is DB who is in the wrong here, but you are asking this agent for help, and they're going to work harder to help you if you are nice to them.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Please remember that the agent dealing with your ticket has provided a copy/paste response from DB. It is not their fault. I know it is DB who is in the wrong here, but you are asking this agent for help, and they're going to work harder to help you if you are nice to them.

I've done well with CS by being polite. Remember also to carefully and thoroughly describe why you deserve more. Obviously the person with the glitch that took so many resources needs to be compensated, but you need to explain why your case is special. Why did you lose out more than others? Why did you not just do different builds? Please note: I am not judging you or asking the questions myself. I'm just trying to help you with CS.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't really paying attention to this issue since it did not affect me. Can someone fill me in? What recipe was this stuck item?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't really paying attention to this issue since it did not affect me. Can someone fill me in? What recipe was this stuck item?

Phase 2, middle recipe of "A Winding Clock". Lots of misbehavior in the crew selection process and the reward drop (or lack thereof). Check Engineering for details if you're really curious.
  • As I posted here prior to the event being complete, the 500 chrons is a joke and unacceptable. DB owes me 10 times as much.

My rank in the event was not hampered because I could easily build the recipe (too easily, it would appear) so I'm not asking for any extra ranked rewards, however if such rewards are sent out then I do also demand them as well for fairness. That is to say, in addition to the 5000 chrons I'm owed.

No, not really. The "poor" representative will likely say, "Buh-bye."
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

The mission required:

1x Neutron microscope 1 (16 Chrons)
    1x Self sealing stem bolt 1 (15)
    1x Flux coupler 0 (14)
    2x Microconnector 1 (14)
    3x Casing 0 (7)
    1x Interphasic coil Spanner (7)
    2x power cell 1 (6)
    2x power cell 0 (5)
    1x isolinear chip 0 (4)
    1x plasma torch 0 (4)

Total chron cost without prefarmed items was 91 (the others this phase were 51, 59, 63, 68, 70, 94).

Stem bolts, casings, power cells, plasma torches, isolinear chips, microconnectors, and coil spanners were used by other missions this event, so the issue is probably around the neutron microscopes and flux couplers not being able to be used. Neutron microscopes have appeared in 7 of the last 9 galaxy / hybrid events, flux couplers in only 5.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

The mission required:

1x Neutron microscope 1 (16 Chrons)
    1x Self sealing stem bolt 1 (15)
    1x Flux coupler 0 (14)
    2x Microconnector 1 (14)
    3x Casing 0 (7)
    1x Interphasic coil Spanner (7)
    2x power cell 1 (6)
    2x power cell 0 (5)
    1x isolinear chip 0 (4)
    1x plasma torch 0 (4)

Total chron cost without prefarmed items was 91 (the others this phase were 51, 59, 63, 68, 70, 94).

Stem bolts, casings, power cells, plasma torches, isolinear chips, microconnectors, and coil spanners were used by other missions this event, so the issue is probably around the neutron microscopes and flux couplers not being able to be used. Neutron microscopes have appeared in 7 of the last 9 galaxy / hybrid events, flux couplers in only 5.

Ah. I avoided that build due to the stem bolts. It was less economical than other builds.

Thanks for the rundown.
  • Wait. This is was a rerun event and there was an issue the first time, and again a second time? I didn't play the event just seen the chronitons email and wondered what happen. Is this the correct take away?
    Playing since April 2016

Waving dead chickens while using Voodoo in Star Trek Timelines since Jan 2017 (forum comment from another user)

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/181490765563427/

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detra wrote: »
    Wait. This is was a rerun event and there was an issue the first time, and again a second time? I didn't play the event just seen the chronitons email and wondered what happen. Is this the correct take away?

Sounds like it was a problem this time but not originally.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

• Sounds like it was a problem this time but not originally.

Gotcha, I was going off
    Sure, it’s undoubtedly better than giving out sorrytons while the event is still running, but I can’t help but feel most people commenting are missing the point.

And that is, big issue with the event (the 2nd within the same event and not a new bug either), where is a meaningful gesture of apology?

Playing since April 2016

Waving dead chickens while using Voodoo in Star Trek Timelines since Jan 2017 (forum comment from another user)

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/181490765563427/

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotcha, I was going off

I missed that. If it happened the first time, it should have been fixed by the rerun.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotcha, I was going off

The same bug happened with a build in a different galaxy event not too long ago.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    After setting my chronitons ablaze to stay in the top 1K, those 500 chrons certainly came in handy to FE Hawk.

Gotcha, I was going off

My apologies, I wasn’t very clear.

What I meant was that this particular event has had 2 serious issues: first, the servers appeared to get overloaded/crashed for the first 30-45 mins of the event. Second, the bugged item build on one of the missions in phase 2.

This item build bug has popped up before, but I can’t recall if it was a previous run of this event or not.