Home The Bridge

Did they change the time Voyage traits change over?

Ok so usually the time of day the voyage traits shift is 6pm my time, the same time gauntlets end. The past couple of days though, I’ve noticed it not changing at this time, but instead in the mornings, at 11am my time, the time Dabo resets and event phase changes end.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it had changed, but hadn't had the timing to make a determination of the new time - or if I'd perhaps just had the same ship trait + skills two days in a row.

Thanks for the heads-up that it's now at Dabo-reset time.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered what was going on with this. It used to change at midnight for me, and occasionally I'd stay up if the skills weren't very good ones. Good to know I can just leave it until morning 👍
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Oh Good, it's not just me having a 'Senior' moment then.

It's good to see that 2019 is going to be just like 2018 for DB.
  • Hooray for undocumented changes. We even had like 3 sets of patch notes so far for this version.
  • Thorozar wrote: »

I swear patch notes are published after they find out what they fixed/broke via reading the forums. They don't actually know what their meddling did.

Totally. I think there was an undocumented change in rare component drops this week too. Who knows what else changed.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too but thought it was my imagination.
  • I think the changeover time is actually when the Arena ends, which is midnight for me.
  • Just came to see if anyone else had this, the voyage traits used to change over at the same time the Gauntlet finished, 12 midnight UK time, but have noticed that doesn't happen now. Does anyone know the new time that they change?
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭
    It has to be dabo reset now, or close to it. I sent out a shuttle a little before event end, then remembered I had good crew on my last shuttles, and recalled it pretty quickly. After it got back, and the event ended, I sent it out again and it had different skills.
  • I was confused by this as well. I went to run a voyage yesterday but the traits were the same when in the past they would have changed over. I don’t know the new time yet (didn’t know the old time either - it was always just sometime in the evening).
  • @Shan can we get some confirmation on when exactly the new time change is for voyages?
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    None wrote: »
    It has to be dabo reset now, or close to it. I sent out a shuttle a little before event end, then remembered I had good crew on my last shuttles, and recalled it pretty quickly. After it got back, and the event ended, I sent it out again and it had different skills.

I don't know what's going on, then, as I've just ruled out ~Dabo Reset Time. I sent out an Eng/Med/Orion Voyage about five hours before the most recent Dabo reset, and it arrived back minutes ago. The one I just sent out is also Eng/Med/Orion, a little over eight hours after the Dabo reset.

I very occasionally have the issue where a Voyage ends and a new one claims to have the same skills as the old one, until you send it out and then it updates with different skills, but I've ruled that out for these two Voyages.

Shan, what has changed, please?
  • Can confirm the change isn’t at Arena end either.

I officially have no idea when the changeover is. @Shan @SunshineRiker somebody, can we get clarification on this?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely not midnight when daily missions reset. I don't know if it is 1am when arena is calculated since I sent my voyage out at 12:15.
  • Definitely a bit of a mystery , on 2 accounts the Ship and Traits have remained the same for over 36 hours now (unless they changed to the EXACT same values - extremely unlikely even allowing for DB's lovely RNG ).

Maybe that's the answer, it's up to RNGesus to determine WHEN and IF you get a new set of Traits/Ship values.

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this a few days ago and replicated it today.

I sent out a voyage and immediately recalled it. The voyage traits then changed.

Still not sure of the time of change but for me anyway it appears you have to send a voyage to change the traits. Would appreciate some dev input on this.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply restarting a voyage is not enough, based on my attempt. I am testing different time frames, but am not yet sure when it is.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Simply restarting a voyage is not enough, based on my attempt. I am testing different time frames, but am not yet sure when it is.

yes, the time would have to be ready also.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • For the past couple of days I was able to send out 3 8.5 hour voyages in a row with the exact same traits. It’s changed since, but I have no idea when exactly it changes.

@Shan @SunshineRiker any response?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why this is so hard to communicate.

Yells over the cube walls, "Hey, when's the new voyage skill refresh? Thanks", Yeah, I've been told we reset this way. Nope, sorry, didn't ask why".

Instead everything DB has to be all cloak and dagger. 3 years in, a new event type based on ship battles, and we STILL don't have the mechanics of them.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be between 9 and 11:30 Arizona time, so 11 to 1:30 Eastern.
  • I started a Voyage at 10:05 AM Arizona time, and it was the same as the one the night before (9:55 PM AZ time).
  • Any word on this? I still can’t lock down exactly when it happens
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on this? I still can’t lock down exactly when it happens

It feels like it's on a 36 hour rotation or something, rather than 24.
  • I had a voyage repeat traits. What i did to correct it is let it run 1 minute, then recalled it. Once I launched a new one after that one came back, it had a different trait set.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Any word on this? I still can’t lock down exactly when it happens

It feels like it's on a 36 hour rotation or something, rather than 24.

This is my suspicion as well.
  • I was up feeding my infant this morning before 2:00 am MST (GMT -7) and I started to fill in a voyage. Then something happened and I tried to complete it after 2:00 am and the ship trait had changed.