Home The Bridge

Did they change the time Voyage traits change over?

2»

Comments

• Well it would be wonderful to get any kind of confirmation. At this point I'm guessing the change wasn't meant to happen and is a bug and that's why they didn't announce it
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I do not have more information on this yet, sorry.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My voyage skills changed at dabo reset both yesterday and today. I would still welcome a definite clarification on this.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Any word on this? I still can’t lock down exactly when it happens

It feels like it's on a 36 hour rotation or something, rather than 24.

This is my suspicion as well.

That's been my suspicion for some time as well, but now I'm leaning towards the following postulate -
    The switch time has not changed, but the traits do not switch over until triggered by an event
    - running a new Voyage
    - some internal system reset

I seem now to have about a 90% success rate of getting new traits at my usual 10am switch time if I wait until 10am has passed and then run a "dummy" voyage for ~3 min (so that the recall is > 1min).
    Also can account for the feeling that it's a 36 hour interval, i.e. run a new voyage at just after your usual 24 hour switch, if you run for ~ 8 hours and then allow for a 3-4 hour recall, by the time you send out the next voyage and the traits have finally changed it appears that you had the previous traits for around 36 hours.

I'd say some Dev has really Stem-bolted the Pooch on this "enhancement".
  • edited January 2019
    It’s basically impossible now to plan your voyages ahead of time so if there’s any info on this it would be appreciated
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My voyage skills reset before dabo yesterday. So twice in less than 24 hours. I am thoroughly confused. Do they just change with each voyage if you reset the app? I've got a voyage coming back. I might do more testing, if I can remember.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Any word on this? I still can’t lock down exactly when it happens

It feels like it's on a 36 hour rotation or something, rather than 24.

This is my suspicion as well.

That's been my suspicion for some time as well, but now I'm leaning towards the following postulate -
    The switch time has not changed, but the traits do not switch over until triggered by an event
    - running a new Voyage
    - some internal system reset

I seem now to have about a 90% success rate of getting new traits at my usual 10am switch time if I wait until 10am has passed and then run a "dummy" voyage for ~3 min (so that the recall is > 1min).
    Also can account for the feeling that it's a 36 hour interval, i.e. run a new voyage at just after your usual 24 hour switch, if you run for ~ 8 hours and then allow for a 3-4 hour recall, by the time you send out the next voyage and the traits have finally changed it appears that you had the previous traits for around 36 hours.

I'd say some Dev has really Stem-bolted the Pooch on this "enhancement".

I just had 36+ hours of the same traits again.
    I'm back to square 1 on how it works (or doesn't work) , I now have no .... idea anymore, I give up trying to figure it out anymore.
    My brain hurts too much.
  • Hey, at least it IS working to a far better degree than it was! I had 11 straight days of the same Voyages once back in October, ship traits & skills all just locked all that time. After that, there were still lots of times it would be same Voyage for 3-5 days at a time.

I have not had a repeat Voyage in at least a month. I'm glad they finally fixed it!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    For me the voyage traits don't change unless I send a fake voyage and immediately recall.

I just did that on both accounts and feel confident the changeover time is 7pm eastern.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best I can tell at this point is that features skills and traits are changing on a different schedule.
  • So how long does it take for a developer to open a piece of code and read it?
  • Thorozar wrote: »
    Hooray for undocumented changes. We even had like 3 sets of patch notes so far for this version.

I swear patch notes are published after they find out what they fixed/broke via reading the forums. They don't actually know what their meddling did.

DB Dev: Insert a 0 here, a few 1s here, lets see what that does.
    Forums: Voyages are broken!!
    DB Dev: Oops, I'll just go and add a 1 here and two 0s there and voyages should be fixed
    Forums: Events are broken now!!
    DB Dev: Man I wish I had taken that course in coding when I was in college...oh well...
    *continues adding random numbers to the games coding*
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah mine is changed earlier today than 7pm which it was the day before. Someone suggested a 36 hour thing - so it seems it has to be something like that.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    V. wrote: »
    For me the voyage traits don't change unless I send a fake voyage and immediately recall.

I just did that on both accounts and feel confident the changeover time is 7pm eastern.

I agree it’s still gauntlet end time.

What I have noticed is sometimes you have to restart the app with a voyage ready to be claimed to force an update. Restarting with a voyage in progress or with no voyage running don’t seem to always work.

I have tested a little before the time and 45 minutes after the past few days and can force them to change once by sending a 5-10 second voyage, then recalling. Then restarting once it’s ready to be claimed, and then claiming after the restart.

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    "Then restarting once it’s ready to be claimed, and then claiming after the restart."

I'll try that. Because I was starting to think my idea for the time is wrong and that it's some 36 hour clock or something even longer.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't matter, and I wouldn't care. But sometimes these voyages that don't display the change are calculating the change server side, causing you to send crew with the wrong primary and secondary stars, but without the ability to see that.
  • I have been having this issue as well. Voyage traits used to reset for me at 7 pm local time (or 8 pm on daylight savings). Now, they are resetting randomly. I have also noticed that sending out a voyage and quickly recalling it often changes the traits, though this is not consistent either. I opened a ticket with DB a few days ago. They responded that it is a known issue and once it's been addressed they will list it in the Starfleet Communications updates. I have yet to see any updates and clearly in game it has not been fixed yet. Best bet: if you don't like the traits you have, send a quick voyage and recall, and the traits might reset once.
  • There seems to have been some movement on this, in past 48 hours I have managed to run 4 voyages each on 2 accounts (side by side) and only managed to have one of them repeat. And this was without faux-voyages to force a change.
    Up until then I was getting 2-3 days of the same skills/ship.

Still puzzling, as how it seems that these changes are swapping in under 24 hours, more like after every voyage.

My brain still hurts ! Stop messing with it DB.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I’m wondering if the time isn’t 7:45 eastern. Did two restart recalls from 7:40 to 7:44 and got the same skills as earlier. Then did one at 7:46 and it switched.
  • Maybe it is now random...wait, no, forget i said it, db wouldnt make it random...they like structure and organization, cause gauntlet, shuttle percentages, and pretty much everything else in the game isnt rng/random....right?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Now I’m wondering if the time isn’t 7:45 eastern. Did two restart recalls from 7:40 to 7:44 and got the same skills as earlier. Then did one at 7:46 and it switched.

There seems to be some element of getting "stuck" on the previous day's skills, which can be undone by sending/recalling a voyage. I'm wondering if the reset time hasn't at all changed, but rather a bug is preventing it from showing. I had one the other day where I sent one with the old skills, immediately recalled, then sent another one on the same skills only to have the skills change once I had sent the voyage (i.e. it was showing CMD/SCI when picking crew, but after being sent it showed MED/ENG).
  • My observation has been that it changes sometime overnight (US time).

During Faction Events, I only run 2-hr voyages, so I can recall and have my full roster options for shuttle selection. My last shuttle run of the evening during the last event still was showing the same voyage specs as earlier in the day, but in the morning it was different.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My observation has been that it changes sometime overnight (US time).

During Faction Events, I only run 2-hr voyages, so I can recall and have my full roster options for shuttle selection. My last shuttle run of the evening during the last event still was showing the same voyage specs as earlier in the day, but in the morning it was different.

Interesting...the last voyage I ran yesterday (starting in the afternoon) was ENG/COM/Battlecruiser, and that combination stayed the same this morning even after a 1-second voyage was sent and reclaimed to try and update the skills. I’m not necessarily complaining, though, since it’s a decent combo for me - just odd that reset times seem to be truly random for each of us.
  • I started thinking it only changed if you let your Voyage go into "System Failure" (dropped below 200 AM). If I ever recalled a Voyage before that happened, the next one would be a repeat of the last, and would repeat indefinitely until I let it go down below 50 AM. Maybe this was an old bug that DB has since fixed, but that is my observation during my gameplay.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...