Assimilated Troi Artwork

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
From the new episode released today

hmd56knrric4.jpg

Comments

• DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I like it..

Im guessing its a cannon char? seeing as I don't remember Troi ever being assimilated.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would smash.

I haven't been logged in, in a while but had to just to give you an Lol.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would smash.

I haven't been logged in, in a while but had to just to give you an Lol.

Agreed this was a good lol
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    DeanWins wrote: »
    I like it..

Im guessing its a cannon char? seeing as I don't remember Troi ever being assimilated.

non canon you mean, and yes

She could be a Cannon. We have to see her Stats to find out.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Average artwork, not pleased, but doesn t matter. She will go straight to the freezer anyway.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bare legs for a Borg drone? Some of these cards are obviously just going for the lust appeal, but this goes a bit extreem. Or is she entered as the Borg entry for the Miss Universe pageant?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bare legs for a Borg drone? Some of these cards are obviously just going for the lust appeal, but this goes a bit extreem. Or is she entered as the Borg entry for the Miss Universe pageant?

I seriously thought those were some kind of metal Armour panels.......

They're clearly recessed in the outfit. The coloring looks to my eye to be a little darker than her head and right hand, but whether they're entirely exposed or merely translucent is impossible for me to ascertain.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Legs look similar to the legs in the art/costumes for Assimilated Janeway & Torres if memory serves.
  • I like the art.

But most importantly, I hope that for some reason she'll have a skill combination of MED/ENG/CMD. If that's the case, she will be my new favorite 4* :D
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I will say, given the story of Episode 9, it may have been intended as a partial assimilation.
    She's being used as a bargaining chip and (at least the way I read it) the Queen was intending to "un-assimilate" her if the Federation agreed to assist them.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I like the art.

But most importantly, I hope that for some reason she'll have a skill combination of MED/ENG/CMD. If that's the case, she will be my new favorite 4* :D

I'm hoping for Med/End/Dip, since Rianna Mayweather is pretty poor as the only representative from that skill combo.
  • Ikrit wrote: »
    I like the art.

I'm hoping for Med/End/Dip, since Rianna Mayweather is pretty poor as the only representative from that skill combo.

This. I was really hoping for a MED/ENG combo. Disappointed she’s another SCI/MED. I do think they did well on the art though.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I humbly don't agree with the general sentiment.

- The art is really poor for her.

- The skill combo is actually pretty good ... there aren't many MED/SEC/SCI 4* crew (if any?) (I don't have any 5*s with that combo either, but I'm sure there are (Merry Men Crusher comes to mind)) ... and considering she'll be hanging around for ages, as getting copy 4 means a portal update for me, not bad.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I humbly don't agree with the general sentiment.

- The art is really poor for her.

- The skill combo is actually pretty good ... there aren't many MED/SEC/SCI 4* crew (if any?) (I don't have any 5*s with that combo either,

The pose is boring but I thought the face was a pretty good likeness.

Commando/Merry Men Bev and Defensive Phlox use that combo.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The art is solid, and I love the big borg servo arms.

To help settle the great 'Troi's thighs' debate of 2019, the gray areas on her legs are plated, not exposed, which becomes clearer when you examine closely. And to add what I think should be the conclusive piece of evidence, going back to the relevant scenes in 'Unimatrix Zero' (in which Janeway, Torres, and Tuvok are assimilated) those areas are very obviously not exposed skin; there is some form of covering in place.

The upper leg areas share the same art style on all *four* of those cards in game---in fact, I'm reasonably sure its all the same artist. So for those in fear that they are looking at some really unfortunate skin blemishes, you're in the clear.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
    The art is solid, and I love the big borg servo arms.

To help settle the great 'Troi's thighs' debate of 2019, the gray areas on her legs are plated, not exposed, which becomes clearer when you examine closely. And to add what I think should be the conclusive piece of evidence, going back to the relevant scenes in 'Unimatrix Zero' (in which Janeway, Torres, and Tuvok are assimilated) those areas are very obviously not exposed skin; there is some form of covering in place.

The upper leg areas share the same art style on all *four* of those cards in game---in fact, I'm reasonably sure its all the same artist. So for those in fear that they are looking at some really unfortunate skin blemishes, you're in the clear.

Fir clarity I was not judging or disparaging her if they were liver spots. Just making an observation. And, I am sure she can sense I am without wax.

No offense was meant. Overt or implied. Do not try this at home. Consult your doctor for an assimilation lasting more than four hours. Not all who wander are lost. No matter where you go, there you are. I have come to Skirmish and chew bubba gum. And I am all out of bubba gum. Your mileage may vary. Have a donut on the hoose.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • The art is solid, and I love the big borg servo arms.

Fir clarity I was not judging or disparaging her if they were liver spots. Just making an observation. And, I am sure she can sense I am without wax.

No offense was meant. Overt or implied. Do not try this at home. Consult your doctor for an assimilation lasting more than four hours. Not all who wander are lost. No matter where you go, there you are. I have come to Skirmish and chew bubba gum. And I am all out of bubba gum. Your mileage may vary. Have a donut on the hoose.

I definitely wasn't offended, I just wanted to save you from further consideration of a very unfortunate mental image. Unless, of course that gets you a little...excited.

First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I like the art, basically, but it does kind of fall a bit into the 'Borg are just people in funky bodysuits' thing that peaked with Janeway's insane infiltration plan. I mean I get it, they have to be actors in funky bodysuits (unless you want to cast amputees as extras, which... actually, put a pin in that idea), but I admit I'm kind of headcanoning a bit, but I always thought Borg were a lot more body horror than they ended up being portrayed by the time 'Unimatrix Zero' rolled around. We get Picard having his eyeball needled, and okay there's only so much you can get away with in a PG rating, but I felt being assimilated wasn't so much 'add a layer of tech to the body' as 'gouge out anything you don't need and add tech to what's left'. Like take Seven - Borg don't reproduce sexually (okay the Borg babies, but they hadn't invented assimilation in 'Q Who', so I feel like we were supposed to take it as retconned that they just sometimes assimilated babies, like they did kids, when that bunch of Borg teens and the baby showed up), so bam, reproductive system carved out to make room for, like, the processor coolant system or something. Don't need solid food? Lose the whole digestive system, that makes room for the shield generator. Techy doo-dad on your left arm? Amputate the original at the elbow. In my head, if Seven had ever unzipped her silver suit, it wouldn't have been Jeri Ryan's frustratingly-perfect midriff in there (I'm not jealous...), it would've been the inside of Davros from 'The Stolen Earth', just ribs with metal bolted on and bits of organs with wires stuck through them - and then her moving on to the other bodysuits, as well as the side-bonus of not suffocating Jeri all the time, was because the Doctor had regenerated more of her body, so she actually had a complete ribcage of her own and a full covering of skin and stuff.

I mean yeah, like I say you can't do Hellraiser on Star Trek, but... like, it would've been cool, since it's just art, if the gauntlet thingy on Deanna's left arm had had its 'wrist' at the same place as her regular wrist would be, so there's clearly not room for a hand to be hidden away in there. I can see the argument that this is how Borg looked on screen, so the art is therefore consistent - and that's a good thing from a certain point of view - I just feel like, bit of a missed opportunity.

Although I am not a fan of the horror genre, I think I would watch the crap out of an R-rated Trek film about a distant colony being slowly assimilated by Borg with exactly the stuff you’ve described. And there would definitely need to be amputee actors and, what the heck, Robert Englund in there somewhere.
  • Although I am not a fan of the horror genre, I think I would watch the crap out of an R-rated Trek film about a distant colony being slowly assimilated by Borg with exactly the stuff you’ve described. And there would definitely need to be amputee actors and, what the heck, Robert Englund in there somewhere.

I've thought for a long time that a horror movie set in the Trek universe would work.

Some previously unknown to us Federation ship, encountering something terrifying. All bets are off as to which of the crew would survive. A bit like Event Horizon.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Although I am not a fan of the horror genre, I think I would watch the crap out of an R-rated Trek film about a distant colony being slowly assimilated by Borg with exactly the stuff you’ve described. And there would definitely need to be amputee actors and, what the heck, Robert Englund in there somewhere.

I've thought for a long time that a horror movie set in the Trek universe would work.

Some previously unknown to us Federation ship, encountering something terrifying. All bets are off as to which of the crew would survive. A bit like Event Horizon.

Maybe they could encounter a distress call from an unknown alien species, coming from a seemingly uninhabited moon or planet. When they land to investigate, they come across a sort of incubation chamber with hundreds of eggs...

Wait, this sounds familiar.
  • Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Maybe they could encounter a distress call from an unknown alien species, coming from a seemingly uninhabited moon or planet. When they land to investigate, they come across a sort of incubation chamber with hundreds of eggs...

Wait, this sounds familiar.

Yeah - horror movies set in space are common... but one set in the Trek universe would be pretty cool.

Imagine Dirk's idea about a colony being assimilated... just directed by David Cronenberg!
    I like the art, basically, but it does kind of fall a bit into the 'Borg are just people in funky bodysuits' thing that peaked with Janeway's insane infiltration plan. I mean I get it, they have to be actors in funky bodysuits (unless you want to cast amputees as extras, which... actually, put a pin in that idea), but I admit I'm kind of headcanoning a bit, but I always thought Borg were a lot more body horror than they ended up being portrayed by the time 'Unimatrix Zero' rolled around. We get Picard having his eyeball needled, and okay there's only so much you can get away with in a PG rating, but I felt being assimilated wasn't so much 'add a layer of tech to the body' as 'gouge out anything you don't need and add tech to what's left'. Like take Seven - Borg don't reproduce sexually (okay the Borg babies, but they hadn't invented assimilation in 'Q Who', so I feel like we were supposed to take it as retconned that they just sometimes assimilated babies, like they did kids, when that bunch of Borg teens and the baby showed up), so bam, reproductive system carved out to make room for, like, the processor coolant system or something. Don't need solid food? Lose the whole digestive system, that makes room for the shield generator. Techy doo-dad on your left arm? Amputate the original at the elbow. In my head, if Seven had ever unzipped her silver suit, it wouldn't have been Jeri Ryan's frustratingly-perfect midriff in there (I'm not jealous...), it would've been the inside of Davros from 'The Stolen Earth', just ribs with metal bolted on and bits of organs with wires stuck through them - and then her moving on to the other bodysuits, as well as the side-bonus of not suffocating Jeri all the time, was because the Doctor had regenerated more of her body, so she actually had a complete ribcage of her own and a full covering of skin and stuff.

I mean yeah, like I say you can't do Hellraiser on Star Trek, but... like, it would've been cool, since it's just art, if the gauntlet thingy on Deanna's left arm had had its 'wrist' at the same place as her regular wrist would be, so there's clearly not room for a hand to be hidden away in there. I can see the argument that this is how Borg looked on screen, so the art is therefore consistent - and that's a good thing from a certain point of view - I just feel like, bit of a missed opportunity.

IIRC, the were early design sketches for "Family" that would have reflected a scene making it much clearer that Picard had bionics to replace lost anatomy after assimilation. Like, the skin tone of his arm and maybe part of his head/face were a little "off", like it was synthetic skin over replacement bionics. Idea was dropped. Maybe the idea of the most famous actor doing extra gluteal time in a make up chair, to play a Human?
    edited January 2019

I can't remember if it was a Phase Two script or an unused Next Gen script, but there wasa "lost script" where they would have found a Ship that had been overrun by something {Regulan BloodWorms?} that basically turned the crew ino "zombies".

I'ma have to Google some.

EDIT:

It was a rewrite of "Blood & Fire" called "Blood & Ice"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Fire_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Undeveloped_Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_episodes