Home The Bridge

Elusive Treasure

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Doesn't this Pack almost always have an issue, and need to be suspended to be fixed?
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• Looks like the pack is back up, but the $50 offer is gone. It was barely up at all for me to even consider it
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the pack is back up, but the $50 offer is gone. It was barely up at all for me to even consider it

Try a restart - it just came back for me.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • JMJM ✭✭
    Back up for me as well. @Shan normally we can purchase it twice but this time it disappeared after one purchase. Is that correct or an error? Thanks!!
  • FWIW - the offer does not say it can be purchased twice
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • JMJM ✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    FWIW - the offer does not say it can be purchased twice

Thanks Videm...I should have checked it before purchase!
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I plan to pick up a 10x pull of this today, I’ll post up the results. I have 10k dilithium and I said the only way Id ever do this is if I was 100% going to get a legendary
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the Elusive Treasure pack 9 purple beholds and a gold behold, or is it 9 crew of some type and 1 behold that is either purple or gold? I've never purchased the pack before.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    and.....Gary Seven!

Hehe, grats, defo one of the best cards in the game right now and useful for everything. Great in Gauntlet, great for Voyages and also for Science based shuttles...

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    So is the Elusive Treasure pack 9 purple beholds and a gold behold, or is it 9 crew of some type and 1 behold that is either purple or gold? I've never purchased the pack before.

I bought it last time. It is 10 beholds, 1 of which is guaranteed to be a begold, although if RNGesus smiles on you there can be multiple begolds.

-EDIT-

It seems to be 20, not 10. Which obviously makes it way better!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

It works a little like event packs. You’re going to get one gold behold guaranteed (akin to [any event crew] for event packs) and then the rest of the drops are most likely purple beholds, with a slight chance of additional gold beholds. Crew available include all portal pool residents as well as the selected non-portal crew (which, at least as of the last ET offer also included voyage-only crew).
  • I'm happy with the reward of getting another pack for free and got a legendary begold and picked replicant boothy the other ones didnt have a chance, got a few duplicates but about 15 stars and finished about 5 of with the final 4 stars :)
    I bit on this for several reasons.

1. It is just a really worthwhile thing to drop actual money on. I've bought this twice now and recommend it highly for anybody reading this on the fence about buying it.

2. I've been hoarding dilithium for quite a while to buy crew slots when they went on sale. I woke up this afternoon, saw they were on sale, and bought SEVEN bundles of crew slots, but I was around 250 short of buying an 8th bundle, so part of why I bought this was for the bonus dilithium to be able to ALSO purchase an 8th crew slot bundle.

3. I'm chasing down VIP 14 (nearly there) for the perks, not the least of which is even more crew slots, and since this is one of the best offers money can buy, it just seemed too synergistic NOT to do it (especially since it gave me something to boost my spirits after a mandatory 8 hour overtime shift yesterday).

Of the 20 beholds I just opened, only one of them was an honor pull, and I hit 4 total legends AND picked up the 4 copy of a couple SRs which I was immediately able to shove into my freezer.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    6h4xsokhjash.png
    tsf1uvzoe0qv.png
    exs2j8s3s2lg.png
    ykda71thcc05.png
    d0cmgsouplut.png
    jw4lc52l8iqv.png
    bws9kg95v07j.png
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    jw4lc52l8iqv.png

I love that you put the 5th star on Minuet, LOL.

For all the complaining when she came out, since then I have had her (@5/5) in use 29% of the time: 9% of the time in voyages, 14% on shuttles, 6% in the gauntlet, and 3% during events (these are not mutually exclusive 29% is the "or" of all of those). For a card with on-the face lousy stats, she has been surprisingly useful while I build up my legendary crew.
  • This is so tempting but I really need to buy a 4th shuttle and I’m still holding out hope for Cheesecake Seven at some point soon and I’d be hot if I blew all my dil.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help me out with this one:
    8vrpmidfw76p.jpg
  • Major KonigsMajor Konigs ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    8vrpmidfw76p.jpg

is alway depend what u have for crew but i go whit timicin is more rare sci/eng other wise Arachnia Janeway
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Help me out with this one:
    8vrpmidfw76p.jpg

Arachnia takes a ton of Holoprograms. Her Voyage numbers are kind of lackluster for her skill set. Good event potential, though it's been a while. She is in the Chaotica collection, though I don't think she'd be high on your citation list.

Katrine has a noticeably better Voyage total (more than 200 points) than Arachnia (plus a tertiary SCI), her base CMD ranking is slightly better than Arachnia's DIP, and she has more Gauntlet points than Arachnia as well (neither are going to guarantee 1st place, but Katrine's total is more than 100 spots ahead or Arachnia's). She has most of Arachnia's event potential and has a nice amount of traits.

Winchester has two of the rarer stats as his primary and secondary, has about 25 Voyage points more than Katrine, and probably a top 10-ish base SCI (Katrine's CMD is in the 30s at best, not too far above Timicin's secondary ENG base ranking). Events are a balancing factor, but he seems more valuable as everyday crew than either Janeway.
    8vrpmidfw76p.jpg

I cannot offer definitive advice other than a friendly and generalized endorsement of any-and-all Janeways on principle. I realize in this case that doesn't quite narrow things down, so at that point I'd say just go with whichever grabs you.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    tsf1uvzoe0qv.png

I'm shocked that you didn't take Mambo Picard.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bit on the offer, and got a third pack with dilithium.

- 4th star for Away Team Saru
    - 2nd star for Warship EMH
    - 2nd star for 007 Bashir
    - 2nd star for Falcon O’Brien
    - 1st star for Leonardo
    - 1st star for Smuggler Yates (4*)
    - 4,800 honor (24 all immortalized 4* beholds)

Overall I am quite happy with the results!
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    jw4lc52l8iqv.png

For all the complaining when she came out, since then I have had her (@5/5) in use 29% of the time: 9% of the time in voyages, 14% on shuttles, 6% in the gauntlet, and 3% during events (these are not mutually exclusive 29% is the "or" of all of those). For a card with on-the face lousy stats, she has been surprisingly useful while I build up my legendary crew.

I’ve noticed the same with my 4/5 Minuet. Plus I didn’t really want to use a citation to get her to 5/5 and the other two options weren’t that interesting to me at 1/5.

tsf1uvzoe0qv.png

I just had two back-to-back 65% Guinan gauntlets and didn’t have any Guinan myself :)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    jw4lc52l8iqv.png

I’ve noticed the same with my 4/5 Minuet. Plus I didn’t really want to use a citation to get her to 5/5 and the other two options weren’t that interesting to me at 1/5.

tsf1uvzoe0qv.png

I just had two back-to-back 65% Guinan gauntlets and didn’t have any Guinan myself :)

My Bartender {from my ONE Gauntlet drop} is exhausted. Two or three 65% Gauntlets of the last five. I'm Leveling Fierce, and hoping to stumble on a Gloria somewhere..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I bit on the original offer, and on the first go around I took a second star on Captain Pike (really banking on that Disco mega next month lol) and a second star on Prophet Sarah.

With the two free packs I was given, I chose a first star on Lonzak for his Voyage numbers and a second star on Captain Spock.

I managed to add stars to several of the older purples, and got at least one of each of the pack exclusive purples still not available in the portal (Kasidy, Tarquin, Irumodic Picard).

Not the best pull off life, but not bad either. Kudos DB for fixing the glitch fast, and making it right for those of us who had already purchased packs.

Did they do {as it sounds} Free Packs equal to what you had bought? That is a good way to do it, and to increase customer confidence and happiness, at no real world cost to them.

Did they say what the original issue was this time, BTW?
    From my first pull :

- third star on High Roller, quite happy
    - Hard choice between first star for Wraith Keiko or first star for MJLP

I favor base over voyage skill, and even though I now have cards that can break or at least chip into the MJLP wall, i’m tired of not having one of my own so went that way. Plus more event resiliency...

Tick tick tick while I wait to open my second pack :-)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine were basically trash, just the guaranteed gold in both, 4th star for lt. cmdr jadzia dax was alright, then 2nd star for captain spock but that was IT