Home The Bridge

Discovery Spoken Dialogue/Voice Acting

Does any of the Discovery crew have voice acting/spoken dialogue? If not, has DB said why?

I started playing after most had been added, but none of the few I have do. While that could be due to general inconsistency/limitations on voice acted crew in general, I checked the wiki for Burnham, Tilly and Georgiou, and all of their variants either said "no known in game quotes" or quote1/quote 2. It's possible those updates just haven't been made yet, but most of the crew has been out for a while.

Of course, having Drone Seven as one of my bridge crew for Skirmishes reminded me how potentially annoying/repetitive spoken dialogue can be, so maybe I should be thankful if none of Discovery's cast speaks when selected.

Comments

• ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the quotes and often go to great lengths to get crew with them. It’s a nice thing to add DB!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Discovery crew have sound quotes. Very few new crew do. I don't know if DB has to pay more when they talk or it adds more to server load or what. Would be good to see more crew with sound quotes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Discovery crew have sound quotes. Very few new crew do. I don't know if DB has to pay more when they talk or it adds more to server load or what. Would be good to see more crew with sound quotes.

My guess is a bit of both: they may need to pay more for the rights to dialogue sound clips and it’s additional data that must be stored and recalled for use. By my count we’re one for two on sound clips desperately desired by the player base: we got Senator Vreenak’s “it’s a faaaake” and did not get Niners Worf’s “death to the opposition.”
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Sage2 wrote: »
    No bloody A, B, C, or D!

Yep, this was amusing at first, but after the 10th time, I turned the sound off and have never turned it on again. That was 2 years ago. :/

Oops, correction. I did turn it on once to hear Senator Vreenak's quote, since the forums made such a big deal about it. It was nice. And then the game went back to silent mode again.

Sorry DB. It seems like such a cool thing, but for me the repetition is annoying, and of course it's not considered acceptable to have Picard shout out "Make it so" during a work meeting, even if that actually would be a reasonable thing to say at that particular moment.
  • People play the game with the sound on?

I've heard the game is enjoyed best with your sound on (though that makes me what the third option is besides on and off).

Thank you for the answers.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Scotty's "A B C or D" speech
    I used to race him in cadet challenges. Could I finish before he stopped talking? I only succeeded once.
  • Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offhand, the only dialogue I can think of memorable enough to merit being used as a character quote is, uh, inappropriate.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offhand, the only dialogue I can think of memorable enough to merit being used as a character quote is, uh, inappropriate.

You mean this one?

al5t7alvqqa5.gif

Oh, I bet you mean the other one from her. ;)
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You mean this one?

al5t7alvqqa5.gif

Oh, I bet you mean the other one from her. ;)

Heh. And yet, even with those two gems aside, Tilly has many of the best quotes from the show. (Not necessarily for STT usage, just quotes from her that I loved. ;) )

1. Tilly: "I never met a female named Michael before. Do you think that suits you? I’ll call you Mickey, I think that’s a little more approachable!"
      Burnham: "No. You won’t."
      Tilly: "Yeah, no I won’t."
    2. "I love feeling feelings."
    3. "What the heck… heck… hell? What the hell! Hold your horses!"
      (getting into character as Captain 'Killy')
    4. "The only pleasure I take is from the blood of my enemies staining my uniform."
      (as Captain 'Killy')
    5. "If you greeted me that way, Connor, I’d cut out your tongue and use it to lick my boots."
      (as Captain 'Killy')

ke225ek3yese.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"