Home The Bridge
Options

Discovery Event - Really surprised about character choices.

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
Captain Pike?
Engineer Tig Notaro?
Kayla Detmer?
Joann Owosekun?

I really thought that with the speed at which they introduced a Chancellor L'Rell, even before she appears on-screen, they'd be more willing to bring in new crew. Number One, same thing.

What do you think is their methodology?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Pike?
    Engineer Tig Notaro?
    Kayla Detmer?
    Joann Owosekun?

I really thought that with the speed at which they introduced a Chancellor L'Rell, even before she appears on-screen, they'd be more willing to bring in new crew. Number One, same thing.

What do you think is their methodology?

They already announced some of the upcoming people:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12923/announcing-the-empire-reforged-mega-event#latest

Chances are there will be more.........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely with the theme/story we'll be getting a new Tyler as well.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Staments is the one I'm looking forward to the post
  • Options
    Mirror Staments is the one I'm looking forward to the post

Only having one Stamets, I really expected him sooner. Reinforcements Stamets was introduced early in Season One to the game.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The list we've seen is not a complete list of characters being introduced during this mega event. That said, out of the 5 characters named so far, I'd say three have been frequently requested (Stamets, Georgiou, Number One - yes, even the Romjin version). 3/5 is pretty good, and I'm surprised it took this long for the main bad of the first half of season one to make it into the game.

Are there characters I'd rather see ahead of them? Absolutely. But I'd also rather they get the characters right, rather than introduce them fast (looking at you, Captain Lorca).

That said, I'll be shocked if Pike doesn't make it into one of the events.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    The list we've seen is not a complete list of characters being introduced during this mega event.

I'd also rather they get the characters right, rather than introduce them fast (looking at you, Captain Lorca).

That said, I'll be shocked if Pike doesn't make it into one of the events.

Yeah, but now next to the usual complaints we also have much of advance complainery these days. As you said: No complete list of characters yet. And at least in theory you cannot judge what you don´t know (fully).

Pike will surely be introduced over the course of the event, otherwise same as you I will be surprised myself.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    It is a lil disappointing but remember that DB had to plan this weeks or months ago. Also remember that there will very likely be a second discovery mega month later in the year if DB does not put in the characters you want. Additionally, DB holds back a couple that they know we want to sell them in Best Chance packs or other pay packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It is a lil disappointing but remember that DB had to plan this weeks or months ago. Also remember that there will very likely be a second discovery mega month later in the year if DB does not put in the characters you want. Additionally, DB holds back a couple that they know we want to sell them in Best Chance packs or other pay packs.

I am guessing they had most of these characters planned at the end of the last Disco Mega, and didn't know how to introduce them throughout the year. Makes sense that they are all mostly from Season 1.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I am guessing they had most of these characters planned at the end of the last Disco Mega, and didn't know how to introduce them throughout the year. Makes sense that they are all mostly from Season 1.

Right now we have:
    Section 31 Phillipa Georgiou - Season 2
    Number One - Season 2
    Mirror Paul Stamets - Season 1
    Kol - Season 1
    Chancellor L'Rell - Season 2

That makes 3/5 from Season 2. I don't think that qualifies as mostly Season 1. And as Season 2 introduces more crew, I'm sure we'll see more new crew announced.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Patience, we'll get these characters eventually. If we got them all at once, there would be even fewer new characters for future events (and more complaining about new, more obscure characters being 5*s). We'll get new Pike and the rest all in good time, same goes for the others.

As for Tig Notaro's Reno, is she going to be in more than just that one episode this season, or was she just a one-off guest appearance?
  • Options
    Patience, we'll get these characters eventually. If we got them all at once, there would be even fewer new characters for future events (and more complaining about new, more obscure characters being 5*s). We'll get new Pike and the rest all in good time, same goes for the others.

As for Tig Notaro's Reno, is she going to be in more than just that one episode this season, or was she just a one-off guest appearance?

Well, she IS the Red Angel............
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »

Right now we have:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Number One - Season 2
    Kol - Season 1

That makes 3/5 from Season 2. I don't think that qualifies as mostly Season 1. And as Season 2 introduces more crew, I'm sure we'll see more new crew announced.

Technically she was Season one, from one of the cut scenes that didn't make it in the final episode on air, but they chose to publicize it, so it would get noticed.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Right now we have:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Number One - Season 2
    Kol - Season 1

Technically she was Season one, from one of the cut scenes that didn't make it in the final episode on air, but they chose to publicize it, so it would get noticed.

Well, that scene is of her getting recruited. They may well use it as a reference for the art, but the actual Section 31 Georgiou will appear in season 2. And should be one of these :smiley:

star-trek-discovery-burnham-georgiou-1139258-1280x0.jpeg

Georgiou-Discovery-S2-720x499.jpg

star2-800x534.jpg

• Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty great looking art so far. Also, a new O’Brien! Still not crazy about the recurring legendary (when I gotta Google a supposed “legendary” character, we’re off to a bad start) but the rest of the event is looking solid.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Pretty great looking art so far. Also, a new O’Brien! Still not crazy about the recurring legendary (when I gotta Google a supposed “legendary” character, we’re off to a bad start) but the rest of the event is looking solid.

Not a new O'Brien, but the existing Chief O’Brien.

From Shan's announcement...
    Over the course of four events, you will meet and have the chance to recruit new crew from Star Trek: Discovery, including Section 31 Phillipa Georgiou, the new Number One, Mirror Paul Stamets, and Kol himself.

There will also be classic characters from Star Trek including Lieutenant Chekov (NEW), and Chief O’Brien (existing).
  • Options

Was kind of a big part of the first half of Season One.
  • Options

Over the course of four events, you will meet and have the chance to recruit new crew from Star Trek: Discovery, including Section 31 Phillipa Georgiou, the new Number One, Mirror Paul Stamets, and Kol himself.

There will also be classic characters from Star Trek including Lieutenant Chekov (NEW), and Chief O’Brien (existing).

It worries me about the number of new characters, if they gotta mention an existing character in the big announcement.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It worries me about the number of new characters, if they gotta mention an existing character in the big announcement.

It's a new 5* and a new 4* with an existing 4* every week. Just like it's been for months. I'm sure mentioning Chekov and O'Brien is an attempt to stop the "while are non-Discovery crew in a Discovery event" responses.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they cannot mention some of the new crew until they have been seen in Discovery. It could even be that they don't know who will be in the fourth event.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Comment moderated. ˜Shan

I guess name-calling and rudeness is the PERFECT response to missing the joke.

Great screen name, I guess.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Bored and playing around. Some possible new DB originals... Disco meets TOS ;)

pfbu2w670wnw.png

McCoy in the Med Staff Whites is cool!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I get that every series likes to do different uniforms, but it is curious that Disco uniforms are so different from "The Cage" which came before, and TOS, which came after. And then the trailer looks like Enterprise crew is wearing the Red/Yellow/Blue Division uniforms. At least until they get on Disco, then it looks in the trailer like Pike is wearing the blue Disco uniform style...........
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

pfbu2w670wnw.png
    This is amazing!!! It would be so awesome!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    yhe565idec52.jpg
    She will look like this. From a link off of stt facebook. http://www.startrek.com/news/discovery-heroes-villains-arrive

She will look good :smiley:

And they all do, actually! :smiley:
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

pfbu2w670wnw.png

McCoy in the Med Staff Whites is cool!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I get that every series likes to do different uniforms, but it is curious that Disco uniforms are so different from "The Cage" which came before, and TOS, which came after. And then the trailer looks like Enterprise crew is wearing the Red/Yellow/Blue Division uniforms. At least until they get on Disco, then it looks in the trailer like Pike is wearing the blue Disco uniform style...........

Since the Enterprise has been on a 5-year deep space mission, I imagine the Cage uniforms are the ones with which they began their mission. The Cage-designs may have already been in use for years beforehand, giving way to Discovery-era uniforms at some point during that 5-year mission. Then, Enterprise gets the updated duds when they return, but they haven't been rolled out fleet-wide yet.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    The uniforms are explained in the first episode.
  • Options
    The uniforms are explained in the first episode.

So, I'll know around December. Wondered if they would address it. Thanx.