Home The Bridge

CS Responses

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
I know CS often get a bad reputation for slow and unhelpful responses.

So I just want to give a shout out for great service tonight. I accidentally hit the purchase 5 crew slot button. I emailed CS and within two hours they had gotten back to me and reversed the transaction.

Great job CS.

Comments

• My experiences have all been positive as well.
  • I've also got mostly positive things to say for my few tickets submitted. Once I was annoyed by a request for a screenshot before they would unlock my voyage (because I had to wait an extra day once they got my reply), but they're always polite and professional. I even had one that seemed to almost communicate in a role play style that was really fun.
  • I've had mostly positive experiences too. Actually never had a truly negative one.
    Sometimes it took a few days to solve things and sometimes, for small issues, the reply was very generic, but they've always solved my problems. So I'm very happy with CS so far :)
  • Only sent in 3 support tickets in about 30 months of play, and my experience was always positive aswell, sure had to escalate once but all in all a positive experience
  • +1 for never had a truly bad experience. I’ve had to go back and forth two or three times on single tickets, but always ended up with more or less my desired outcome, and sometimes I got more than I asked for.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one experience, mostly positive (the issue was solved, and to be honest, if it hadn't been solved the way I wanted, I would have understood). My only complaint: It took ages to go trough each step, waiting days for responses, asking for confirmation, and them more days.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had good results from CS interactions, though some have been pretty slow to respond. I do dread each time I have to file a ticket, thinking that my run of good luck must be coming to an end and that I will lose CS Roulette...
  • I've had a couple of horrible experiences. But, unless they are flooded with tickets like Polywatergate, they can usually devote the time to make things right. Right now, I would give them a 6 out of 10, because the many good responses outweigh the two drastically nasty ones I've had.
  • I have had both good and bad experiences. What gets me angry is when there is a technical malfunction and C/S says they can not help and will send the problem to tech support.
    Or for example, in last november ellusive treasured 10x10 beholds, the 4* beholds were almost all exactly the same. Some version of 4* picard, warf, valeris or mccoy. It was useless when each behold offers the same crew. I even turned in screen shots and explained i felt robbed as there really were no variations to the beholds. I was told my issue would be forwarded to tech support. THE END.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seldom file complaints, so can't comment on anything recent with CS. I will say, however, that I remain very unhappy at how they handled the botched event with Mirror Crusher during Christmas 2017. That was less about CS, though, who were very polite in their responses to me, and more about poor execution of the event and management refusing to adequately compensate.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I avoided posting here all day, allowing this thread to be some rare positivity, but seeing as how it’s gone negative now, I’ll pile on.

In my experience DB CS is absolutely awful. Their response times are ridiculous, especially to follow up. They are very error prone and are often unwilling to accept responsibility for their errors. They are decidedly lacking in generosity for compensation.

If my purchase fails and I cannot get what I wanted because the rep waited 4 days to respond to my response to their question and the offer left the portal I am not satisfied with 200 chrons.

I have had many dealings with CS and I dread them. Every time I buy anything I am willing the game to deliver the item right there and then because dealing with DB CS literally ages me with the stress.

Honestly the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Someone in DB who is in charge of the basics of their CS should be fired with prejudice.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I can say that dealing with customer service, with any company, especially a gaming one is ever fun, mainly cause it usually means there some sort of problem.

That being said, I think the customer service for this game is quite good especially compared to other games ive played, and I have played many. Unlike most games, who Just tell you to get over it, or if you don't like it pretty much move on, Db has always addressed my concerns, and have never ignored me, nor dismissed me.

Have they always said yes? No, but you arent going to find that with any game CS, but I think for the most part they are fair. I think they go out of their way to try and find a resolution.

So that is my experience at least.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have always had solid experiences with DB CS.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Beyond the early days where a ticket would take 2 weeks to answer;

- CS respond quickly now, to me at least.
    - If I’ve made an honest mistake or clicked on something too rapidly, CS are generally very good at putting it right.
    - Small glitches and bugs, usually get undone/fixed with a ticket.

However, as negatives;

- CS respond with the company line. Major “gates” that spawn huge discussions on here go unresolved.
    - Players are often told that their issue (discovery of a bug that’s been known in the community here for 3 years or a competitive issue in an event) hasn’t been reported before and is often too easily dismissed. Management need to give CS better and more immediate direction.
    - There’s a lack of consideration for location based consumer rights. Eg, I was advertised 100 but only got 1, please give me my money back.

My honest feelings - if you’re just starting out in game CS are your friends, if you’ve been playing a while and dropped some serious cash, there’s little to no understanding of what can go wrong on their side.

Also keep in mind that your purchase contracts are with your provider - eg Google, Apple, Steam, etc.. in the UK/Europe at least, they are responsible for dealing with issues around purchases. Don’t let DB CS sway you into something you are not comfortable with.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have always been satisfied with customer support.
    Let’s fly!
  • edited February 2019
    Just remember that db cs isnt actually from db...what i mean is db hires a cs company, but the cs reps dont work directly for db, so when i am annoyed with cs i blame it on Zendesks (thats the cs company) managers for not having the cs reps actually play the game even of for an hour so they can be famaliar with the mechanics. Disclaimer: i am not 100% sure that cs reps arent directly employed by db, but the links to zendesks site seems to point to my above conclusion.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experiences have generally been positive. I have a vague sense of 1 negative interaction, but it was at least a year ago and I don't remember the particulars. Every other time (maybe 10 times in 2+ years) - as long as I can clearly explain what happened to me and I don't ask for anything outlandish as a compensation, I have exited the situation with no complaints.

Just a few days ago, I hit the Clown glitch. I screenshot the dilemma screen and sent a ticket. I hadn't yet read the advice in Engineering about how a restart can sometimes fix it, so I just took the 3* crew and finished the voyage. I asked for the Clown I wanted, and offered to let them take the 100 honor from the airlocked crew in exchange. The response was that a Clown appeared in my inventory and (unless I missed it) no honor was deducted. This took <24hrs to happen. I consider that to be sufficiently timely and customer-friendly. Even if they did take the honor, I'm fine with that too, since that's how it should have been in the first place.

Just my experience.
  • Mixed bag here... i am going to skip over the slow responses ...
    There were some of the reps that were extremely helpful , this includes full restoration of stuck voyages... so that's tens of items to down right lazy and snarky ones that just barely missed the "go F U " wording...
    But then there's a reason you get a feedback form ... so . All in all i can't say i have pretty decent experience.
    DB is not making the poor folks job easy that's for sure!
  • They are a bit slow/unresponsive on weekends but during the week they've been nothing but helpful
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experiences with them have been mixed. When it's small things (accidental purchase/missing crew) it usually gets resolved quickly without problems. But I've definitely experienced frustrations when it comes to the big Event "gate" issues. Here they are hamstrung a bit more by DB, but the responses are so tone deaf sometimes that it's baffling. I work in CS, and I would never tolerate some of those responses from my employees.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't sent many tickets, but I have also experienced a mixed bag. There have been some that were resolved satisfactory and quickly and some satisfactory and slowly. However the last two issues I had the CS reps clearly did not read my ticket fully. The issues were resolved eventually, but the drop off in quality around mid 2018 is noted.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that db cs isnt actually from db...what i mean is db hires a cs company, but the cs reps dont work directly for db, so when i am annoyed with cs i blame it on Zendesks (thats the cs company) managers for not having the cs reps actually play the game even of for an hour so they can be famaliar with the mechanics. Disclaimer: i am not 100% sure that cs reps arent directly employed by db, but the links to zendesks site seems to point to my above conclusion.

Zendesk is a software company that produces ticketing software. DB uses it. They happen to outsource CS, but using zendesk is not an indication either way.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Zendesk is a software company that produces ticketing software. DB uses it. They happen to outsource CS, but using zendesk is not an indication either way.

Oh okay thanks for clarifying, so the CS reps do work directly for db then?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Oh okay thanks for clarifying, so the CS reps do work directly for db then?

No, CS reps are still outsourced. But using zendesk is not an indication of being outsourced or kept in house.
  • Mainly I used Zendesk for notes and other work for.
  • zendesk is just customer service software. like microsoft word is a word editing software. it's not a gaming company.