Home The Bridge

What would you do with a 6th copy of Locutus of Borg?

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
Further to the v7.0.10 Release Notes and Gauntlet Changes! announcement I can confirm you are once again able to win a copy of Locutus of Borg from The Gauntlet, as I received one this evening. But since I already have him Immortalized, I now am not sure what to do with this extra copy. I am curious to hear what others would do with a 6th Locutus.

What would you do with a 6th copy of Locutus of Borg? 88 votes

Keep him, and equip him through Level 100
39%
SSR BarkleyXoiikuCapt. Chaos[QH] OxmyxAlthea BiermontJim Steelebarrydancerlittlestoatie[KM] WOLF 359·§ë· For the Many(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]TcalSoupKitchen RikerConfused Klingon[PAaA] Admiral SpearSunshineRikerTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)LjofaCaptain ZloggDScottHewitt 35 votes
Keep him, but leave him at Level 1 for the time being
25%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ë<TGE> DangerDrakeSabine of Athens[TLA]  84wbCommander SinclairAntasil[SSR] GTMETAgge[KF] Kapitan DobchanK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaJean-Luc KenobiJax2UFIronagedave[7TW] Attack EyebrowssagimaAJD284Cpt CaoticLummelundavin28(UFP) Garak Ziyal 22 votes
Dismiss him, and take the 550 Honor
35%
izausomeAviTrekCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMpbertData1001Zombie Squirrel Rocpile[TUFG] SiguardTravis S McClainNad HalJim RaynorCaptain QAntar3sRennJaxoHungry Dog DDMRaraRacingJayBeezyI will not blame the player for my mistakesGib - Admiral Mariners 31 votes

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be nice to have two Locutus in the Gauntlet.
  • Keep him, but leave him at Level 1 for the time being
    This happened to me last round, I had 7 Caretakers. Once we started the Armus round, I didn't feel like it would be worth it to level and cite a second copy, so I airlocked for 1100 honor. Today I got what would be my 8th Caretaker, which I am okay with for now.

So in the case of Locutus (already Immortalized), I would have to wait to see if I got at least 3 more copies to make it worth while to have a duplicate. He would sit at level one even at 2/5 until the third came along.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have one yet lol, I'll be more inclined to offer advice once I do;)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him at 5/5 as well. If I get him again, I'll start his second copy. His stats are strong enough that loading him twice in gauntlet seems plausible, and I have enough crew slots to take on this kind of extra project.

Of lesser importance, but not irrelevant, would be for Picard crew depth. Do you need another Picard variant for events? Yeah, his base stats are meh until fused, but another copy could eventually help. I'm not sure if having 2 copies of him for skirmish or arena would add value, but it's something to consider.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is a gauntlet beast and great for voyages, and if the gauntlet update means the gauntlet crew drop rates are drastically increased, the hope would be to get a 2nd FF/FE copy in time.
  • Didn't play Gauntlet during the Locutus era so I am still looking for my first copy. But, I do have Guinan FF and I would keep a second copy of her. I could be wrong, but all of the Guantlet 5* are probably powerful enough to be worth making a slot available for a duplicate.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Didn't play Gauntlet during the Locutus era so I am still looking for my first copy. But, I do have Guinan FF and I would keep a second copy of her. I could be wrong, but all of the Guantlet 5* are probably powerful enough to be worth making a slot available for a duplicate.

Well said.

My 4/5 Guinan is one of my best diplomats for Voyages and a top medic, she regularly gets seats. A second Guinan would be superb, and I might consider levelling her before adding the fifth star to the other one. Along with Cornwell and Darth Bashir, they make an excellent dip/med crew.

As for Locutus, they took him out of the Gauntlet before I started playing.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have a second Guinan (6 copies overall) and I leveled her - useful for her 65% crit chance gauntlets.
    I rate him higher than any of the other Gauntlet crew so definitely a keeper

My LoB is only 1/5* so a rather irrelevant question.
    DB: Do Better
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dismiss him, and take the 550 Honor
    I'd ditch him on the spot ... but I only have him 1/5 at present, so that'll take a while I figure. Non of my guantlet only crew are FF, so I welcome copies (don't even have Armus yet). :)

I don't keep duplicates of crew, no matter how cool or good they are ... I already find myself using a limited number of crew on a daily basis, why would I reduce that down even more? There are so many other cards in the game, I kind like sending out other crew than then standard set ... for guantlet I sometimes just scroll down the list and toss in 5 different crew for some variation.

Locutus is 65% in my current gauntlet, but even so I wouldn't use multiple copies of him, I just find that boring, like I said, I enjoy variation.
  • Keep him, and equip him through Level 100
    How do people get those when the 7.1.0 version isnt available yet? At least in Europe the new build isnt available yet
    I got one Locutus from the gauntlet and cited him to 2/5. Didn't go further as I still will have one coming from completing gauntlet rounds. If he starts dropping for me under the new regime I'll finish off my first copy and start another.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
    How do people get those when the 7.1.0 version isnt available yet? At least in Europe the new build isnt available yet

The update is live on steam and facebook game room.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep him, but leave him at Level 1 for the time being
    Didn't play Gauntlet during the Locutus era so I am still looking for my first copy. But, I do have Guinan FF and I would keep a second copy of her. I could be wrong, but all of the Guantlet 5* are probably powerful enough to be worth making a slot available for a duplicate.

ditto I don't have Locutus but I have Immortalised Guinan and Caretaker they are all good for voyages so a second copy makes sense, a 3rd set might be a bit excessive/hubristic though.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dismiss him, and take the 550 Honor
    I dont keep exxtra copies of any crew.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    6? Still waiting for 1, or 1 Guinan or Caretaker for that matter.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, give him to me?
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
    I believe I would keep him, though I must admit if I was in the same situation myself I couldn't say for sure I'd do the same.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    level them, of course

2rvsnxs7dzwt.jpg

bzbxijcsoavs.jpg

ducks
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    Feed him to Bortus... >:)
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even have one...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even going to dignify this thread with a poll answer I'm so consumed with jealousy
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I'm not even going to dignify this thread with a poll answer I'm so consumed with jealousy

same. I have 0
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    Honor is honor
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd keep him. With the increased odds, you might end up with a 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th copy and having 2 FF copies would be very useful
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will let you know. I should probably have at least one copy before answering though.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a sixth copy of Guinan, will slowly start to equip her.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a sixth copy of Guinan, will slowly start to equip her.

But you can only squeeze five into the gauntlet seats. :smile:

It’s you!!! You’re the sole cause of all the Guinan walls!!!
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • I'd send Locutus away for honor. I would consider keeping a 2nd copy of Caretaker though only because MED/ENG is so hard to cover in Voyages.