Home The Bridge

that's it ! done with packs forever....

2»

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add the $100/$50 offer for Tuesday packs. If that's the going rate for a guaranteed specific legendary on Wed it should be the going rate for the guaranteed legendary on Tue.
  • I've opened 108 10x packs that i stockpiled at xmass .... neted me 12 usable purples , 5 ff's and a bunch of others that just take up crew slots now and 8 5*'s. Now i bought 4 packs for the event 4 O'briens ....
    I'm done with packs i will never ever , ever pay for a pack or portal pull from now on. Just keep piling up the 1/5's and 3/4 for me DB. When my crew slots will fill up i will probably stop.
    The way things are now it's just to time and money consuming ...

PS: Go lock the thread for all i care, it's not like you people listen anyway...

Good choice. The way DB shapes pack system design is outrages.
  • I totally understand being frustrated over RNG.

It's not about RNG. It's about how you are using it.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Just add the $100/$50 offer for Tuesday packs. If that's the going rate for a guaranteed specific legendary on Wed it should be the going rate for the guaranteed legendary on Tue.

I agree. The flat rate alternate option turns the gambling dynamics around. There is a rate, with a premium attached, for a guarantee. People can choose to pay for insurance, or instead choose to gamble if they will get it for less through packs, and if they do so, have to live with the outcome.

A third set of people will then correctly caterwaul about how insanely inflated the market value of a gold framed array of pixels that’s only the starting point for further investment is, but that’s a different problem ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • i5i6ejhzwi5n.png
    Bought 3 packs, just wanted 1 chekov. First gavw me number one, second got obrien, then this.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

I agree. The flat rate alternate option turns the gambling dynamics around. There is a rate, with a premium attached, for a guarantee. People can choose to pay for insurance, or instead choose to gamble if they will get it for less through packs, and if they do so, have to live with the outcome.

A third set of people will then correctly caterwaul about how insanely inflated the market value of a gold framed array of pixels that’s only the starting point for further investment is, but that’s a different problem ...

Problem with guaranteed offers that they are over inflated with other useless crap. If i just want that last final star on my 4* crew now why the hell would i still be interested in more event packs. Honestly i'd just rather shell out a smaller amount for that said crew then pay for more packs that will just screw me over 90% of the time or more... I really think that the whole market should be overhauled for fairness sake. Honestly how gambling is acceptable for a game that's rated PEGI 7 is beyond me. I can't see how a child can understand that something has or doesn't have value at that age, but i wading into other murky waters here so i'll just stop.
  • I bought one pack - just wanted a fourth star for Chekov.

Worked well. One star for Chekov and one star for Robin Hood in behold with Tiernan Kes and Mirror Phlox (both allready FFFE).

Decided not to push my luck any further
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Packs are for suckers. That being said, I have opened a few in my time. lol

However, now-a-days I avoid it if at all possible, as in my experience, the "odds" don't bear out for me. Someone else out there must be hitting legendary pulls like a caveman...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • That reminds me of the time when there was an offer for Bride Jadzia + packs and I bit completely. That netted me 11 TNG Sareks... That was the time when I decided that I am cutting on the spending on this game big time.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    That reminds me of the time when there was an offer for Bride Jadzia + packs and I bit completely. That netted me 11 TNG Sareks... That was the time when I decided that I am cutting on the spending on this game big time.

I remember that offer and that's terrible luck. I would feel the same way.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what nine packs gave me: 2 Number Ones, 2 Chekovs, 5 O'Briens, and 3 purples two of which were from all immortalized beholds.
    lrbf2gu24ntp.png
    hc1ddkxpx30r.png
    mqhdrgz7oqvr.png
    v0ccbaoeo4qr.png
    vh4sta35givt.png
    5xqtp6d6sxb1.png
    q1ud7ppcnjm5.png
    16r6rhhhkrv6.png
    ekbo7y793fow.png
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Problem with guaranteed offers that they are over inflated with other useless crap. If i just want that last final star on my 4* crew now why the hell would i still be interested in more event packs. Honestly i'd just rather shell out a smaller amount for that said crew then pay for more packs that will just screw me over 90% of the time or more... I really think that the whole market should be overhauled for fairness sake. Honestly how gambling is acceptable for a game that's rated PEGI 7 is beyond me. I can't see how a child can understand that something has or doesn't have value at that age, but i wading into other murky waters here so i'll just stop.

PEGI 7? Thats just another corrupt western organisation then. This should be playable only for 30+ educated people, even in that case with caution.

Excessive gambling, psychological manipulations, lootboxes, virtual goods, pay to win games are for 7 years old children?

Thats a sick joke and probably it was a quite expensive review at the rating organisation.

• Anzelo wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

PEGI 7? Thats just another corrupt western organisation then. This should be playable only for 30+ educated people, even in that case with caution.

Excessive gambling, psychological manipulations, lootboxes, virtual goods, pay to win games are for 7 years old children?

Thats a sick joke and probably it was a quite expensive review at the rating organisation.

Well it's not violent... Much
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what nine packs gave me: 2 Number Ones, 2 Chekovs, 5 O'Briens, and 3 purples two of which were from all immortalized beholds.

So you did really, really well. 2 golds in 9 packs double the normal gold drop rate.