Home The Bridge

What fleet wide rewards should follow starbases?

What fleet wide rewards should follow starbases? 87 votes

Fleet exclusive crew
10%
Hungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]NivenFresBigDaddyTaylor, CPT. (SJ)robownageCmdr SinclairSwommaenigma starlordNSEA Protector 2001 9 votes
Dil
13%
[TUFG] SiguardJim RaynorSvenLundgrenJax2UFGib - Admiral MarinersCapt. Pete OwenveXWoof359Petrichor/SSR/ AHSOGBakerbeanzguest_1067614565141508 12 votes
Honor
72%
AviTrekAmphistaffmilamber42Captain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileeXo | das411[TFA] CeleresHaBlackNS111111[TLA]  84wblittlestoatie[SJ] Admiral Aki[KM] WOLF 359KettleKorn÷ The Eternal ChampionRaraRacingAggeJayBeezyDrone_one 63 votes
Merits
3%
Zombie Squirrel ·§ë· For the Manysagima 3 votes

Comments

• Fleet exclusive crew
    Even if your fleet isn't full of big spenders (and I'm not throwing shade at those folks), starbases donations have probably lost their luster. Seems a good time to add new incentives for fleets. While I'm open to any good idea, it might be cool to see 5* crew you can only earn collectively in a fleet.
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    I'd be good with dilithium too.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'm not sure what reward would be incentive to increase donation participation. Lately we have seldom gotten the last 50 chronitions for donations in our fleet dailies even though we have between 48-50 members at any given time. We reach all the other fleet daily rewards. An additional reward, beyond the chronitons, for daily donations would definitely help boost participation again (as long as it was something worthwhile).

If it were the fleet exclusive crew option, I would want it to be the same crew for all fleets, not a different crew for each fleet. It would be nice if it worked like the honor hall where they would rotate in a new crew every once in a while but the old options were still available. That way smaller fleets would still be able to get a specific crew, even after a new one was added.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    Honor is something everyone needs and if you get it additionally just because you did starbase donation, I think people will do it more often...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    To the extent that Citations are a permanent adjustment to your crew similar to how Skill Bonuses are, I’d say skip the Honor middle step and just let us work collaboratively towards legendary citations. By the time a fleet maxes out the starbase, no other use of honor really matters anyway .
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say honor, but they're all valid.
    Dil, just isn't going to happen.
    I'd love crew, but there'd be too much complaining about balance and fairness, and it would have to end up being a rather hum drum toon.
    I don't need merits, but they're great for new players, so good for low level recruiting.
    Crew slots would be nice, but then you're locked to your fleet as if you don't hop right into another then you get into overflow territory.
    Ship schematics weren't listed, but both fit thematically, and if you get to pick which ship to trickle out schematics on you could finish up those rare ships or boost the skirmish ship.
    Honor everybody always needs.
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    I think fleet exclusive crew would be good cause if they are exclusive they may help to bring down gauntlet walls
  • Dil
    Why not all of the above? I can't choose, ha
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming. I really think the starbase was a great idea but it was eventually going to hit a wall - and it did.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    how about a new starbase room that would let you trade increasing amounts of rations/trainers/whatever for honor? you could call it something catchy, like the "honor hall" :)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    A very big no to Fleet exclusive crew. This game is hard enough for small fleets and new players as it is.

There is also no good way it can work. A good contributor could work at a crew member for months, then lose his place in the fleet just before the crew member is awarded. A member could join just before the crew is awarded, and get the crew for little effort. A member could join a top fleet after the crew has been awarded, and then never have the chance to get the crew.

If there are more rewards, they need to be short term, without overpowering fleets. To me honor seems the best option.
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    das411 wrote: »
    how about a new starbase room that would let you trade increasing amounts of rations/trainers/whatever for honor? you could call it something catchy, like the "honor hall" :)

A solid idea
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    A very big no to Fleet exclusive crew. This game is hard enough for small fleets and new players as it is.

There is also no good way it can work. A good contributor could work at a crew member for months, then lose his place in the fleet just before the crew member is awarded. A member could join just before the crew is awarded, and get the crew for little effort. A member could join a top fleet after the crew has been awarded, and then never have the chance to get the crew.

If there are more rewards, they need to be short term, without overpowering fleets. To me honor seems the best option.

Good points
  • Dil
    Dil as there are many who are FTPm in my fleet and others fleets.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unclear on the mechanism. Is this still a donating components thing? We're in the same boat as Althea - we periodically miss the 50 chrons by a small amount despite having a full fleet. It baffles me, but that's another issue entirely.

We already get honor for various fleet activities. I'd be thrilled to get more of course. Fleet crew? Nah, I think the concerns about the consequences of fleet movement by players are valid.

Playing devil's advocate for a second. Why is anything new needed at all? There are only a few fleets that have maxed (or near-maxed) bases. Most smaller or less-active fleets probably can't even envision maxing the rooms. Would adding another activity metric make casual players more engaged in starbase building? I dunno.
  • Honor and Dil are great ideas, even merits...

But how about a room for Antimatter bonuses for Voyages? At the highest level, it could turn into a room similar to replicator rations and pay out voyage revival tickets.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Honor and Dil are great ideas, even merits...

But how about a room for Antimatter bonuses for Voyages? At the highest level, it could turn into a room similar to replicator rations and pay out voyage revival tickets.

Great idea, and would make sense for what the starbase is. Should be able to outfit your ship for a voyage. Maybe bonus stats, AM, or something else.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Honor
    "I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more [honor]!" A little more cowbell wouldn't hurt either.

38paia39i1pg.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I can just see a 10 million plus holoemitter requirement for an exclusive crew, I would agree with the majority that honor is a fantastic idea.
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    I'm unclear on the mechanism. Is this still a donating components thing? We're in the same boat as Althea - we periodically miss the 50 chrons by a small amount despite having a full fleet. It baffles me, but that's another issue entirely.

We already get honor for various fleet activities. I'd be thrilled to get more of course. Fleet crew? Nah, I think the concerns about the consequences of fleet movement by players are valid.

Playing devil's advocate for a second. Why is anything new needed at all? There are only a few fleets that have maxed (or near-maxed) bases. Most smaller or less-active fleets probably can't even envision maxing the rooms. Would adding another activity metric make casual players more engaged in starbase building? I dunno.

I imagine donations. And my own fleet is far from one of the most competitive but we're close to maxing out.
  • Honor
    I chose honor, but fleet-exclusive crew would be fun too. Maybe the crew thing could be added later on, when most established fleets will have maxed their starbase rooms?
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't we already get honor? Like 570 a day?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Honor

And you find that sufficient? I have more honor debt than a Third World Country.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • How about a extra shuttle tab or shuttle daily bonus

Be a heck of a incentive
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

And you find that sufficient? I have more honor debt than a Third World Country.

Even if they added it as an extra to the starbase it wouldn't make that much difference to the honor debt the majority of players have. The largest proportion of honor already comes from fleets, when you add voyages, airlocked crew and dailies on top of that I think starbases potentially could have something more unique added as a reward. I can't actually think of anything 🤔 Just seems that there are many ways of getting honor already I'm not entirely convinced we need yet another.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor

Even if they added it as an extra to the starbase it wouldn't make that much difference to the honor debt the majority of players have. The largest proportion of honor already comes from fleets, when you add voyages, airlocked crew and dailies on top of that I think starbases potentially could have something more unique added as a reward. I can't actually think of anything 🤔 Just seems that there are many ways of getting honor already I'm not entirely convinced we need yet another.

Empty soda cans are plentiful on the street ... that doesn't mean that going around with a shopping cart to collect them to redeem the 5 cent deposits is either a fun or effective way to pay off my mortgage. :smile:

(Are deposits even a thing any more or am I horribly dating myself?)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor

Empty soda cans are plentiful on the street ... that doesn't mean that going around with a shopping cart to collect them to redeem the 5 cent deposits is either a fun or effective way to pay off my mortgage. :smile:

(Are deposits even a thing any more or am I horribly dating myself?)

Deposits are still the norm in several states, though I think there is a bit more of a crackdown these days on people bringing extra cans from out of state.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Honor
    One can never have too much honor.

I've managed to hit rank on a fairly regular basis recently and I now have over 13.2M in honor debt on just legendaries if we put a conservative estimate of about 2000 honor a day as average earning that is 6600 days or just over 18 years.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    Honor is life