Home The Bridge

What fleet wide rewards should follow starbases?

2»

Comments

• Fleet exclusive crew
    My basic point: they need to incentivise (sp?) fleet work.
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Honor
    Not at all surprised by the results of this poll. There reaches a point when icing purple cards is just a collection game; outside of providing more event bonus flexibility, they no longer really strengthen your crew. The only thing that *does* provide a substantive marginal benefit is fusing up golds, which means honor. Lots and lots of honor.

DB knows this too. They’ve definitely sped up the drip over time, but I would never expect them to go too crazy with it. They likely predict that if you could get citiations with much greater regularity, a number of players (light to moderate spenders, I’d guess) would cut their purchases.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Honor
    Don't we already get honor? Like 570 a day?

And you find that sufficient? I have more honor debt than a Third World Country.

Even if they added it as an extra to the starbase it wouldn't make that much difference to the honor debt the majority of players have. The largest proportion of honor already comes from fleets, when you add voyages, airlocked crew and dailies on top of that I think starbases potentially could have something more unique added as a reward. I can't actually think of anything 🤔 Just seems that there are many ways of getting honor already I'm not entirely convinced we need yet another.

I understand the point you are making; however, an extra source of income is better than the current status quo.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Honor
    I’ve dipped in and out of this thread/poll, sorry if it’s already been said.

Personally I need more honor. The natural flow rate (without making purchases) is excruciating.

But that being said, I’m confused why people think it’s a matter DB would care about. The reward for finishing your starbase is you get maximum skill base and proficiency bonuses - those rewards ARE the motivation. It’s not up to DB to motivate us further to obtain that, there’s no benefit for them.
  • Fleet exclusive crew
    I’ve dipped in and out of this thread/poll, sorry if it’s already been said.

Personally I need more honor. The natural flow rate (without making purchases) is excruciating.

But that being said, I’m confused why people think it’s a matter DB would care about. The reward for finishing your starbase is you get maximum skill base and proficiency bonuses - those rewards ARE the motivation. It’s not up to DB to motivate us further to obtain that, there’s no benefit for them.

Diminishing rewards.

If they can't keep us interested, they don't get my money.