Home The Bridge

Does anyone now how much points were need in last skirmish to stay top 1k?

The question ist the question.
"I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're after top 1.5k these days anyway
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last pure skirmish was Captain Proton, I think an estimate is buried in that event thread.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Thanks for the hint. didn't have that in mind. round about 850k.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Vreenak9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the hint. didn't have that in mind. round about 850k.

I'm soooo not going to repeat this exact same series of 5 ship battles 141.6 times just for a shot at getting into the top 1500. Think I'm going out to try to enjoy my weekend.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vreenak9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the hint. didn't have that in mind. round about 850k.

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I believe it was 850K in the last Skirmish for top 1K.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best as I can do right now with 37 hours to go is report that 679th place is 659,100 points.
  • 1000 is now 607,885.
  • 31 hours 20 minutes to go , rank 1500 at 507k VP
  • Vreenak9 wrote: »
    The question ist the question.

900K might be a little high. From the forum, for pure skirmish:

Advance Directive: < 831K (~820K)
    A Valdore Too Far: ~788K
    Captain Proton to the Rescue: ~790K

as far as I can tell, Catching Fire and Haunted Vessels didn't have final cutoff VPs discussed.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    i'd say about 750k which is way way too much lol.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • At first, I really wanted to go for Stamets. But I just can't stand the tedium of these battles. TAO is enough.
  • Current top 1500 cut off is 541k.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that it's now top 1500, but here is 1000th for the crazies like me.

8t03eeck0v4w.jpg
  • 675'th with 828350 VP with 19 hours left.
  • 1m VP is around rank 400 currently.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    People were tossing around the 850,000 figure, so here you go :p

ds07920kg7qw.png
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    zqig0n6wmuue.jpg
  • Well, who cares about points and ranks when you can blow out of the skies that abomination from STD, now exposed as the fraud that really is, time and time again?

Every time that thing goes boom I smile a little bit.
  • Will 800k be enough? 7 hours left!
    3nvgjjaqm98j.jpg
    GAH! So close!

uirymsk7ftvg.png

as far as I can tell, Catching Fire and Haunted Vessels didn't have final cutoff VPs discussed.

@CB4_V'ger seems likely to have been spot on with the 900K estimate - with a little under 5 hours to go, Rank 1000 is now at 874K.

Fascinating ... that escalation can't be laid at DB's doorsteps for profiteering changes, since nothing has changed in skirmish. We done done this one to ourselves :smile: Possibly spillover from intel-to-burn from the extra 500 folks now competitive for the ranked legendary. Will be interesting to see where the 1500 mark lands up compared to the "old" 800K-ish rank 1000 cutoff ...
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

@CB4_V'ger seems likely to have been spot on with the 900K estimate - with a little under 5 hours to go, Rank 1000 is now at 874K.

Fascinating ... that escalation can't be laid at DB's doorsteps for profiteering changes, since nothing has changed in skirmish. We done done this one to ourselves :smile: Possibly spillover from intel-to-burn from the extra 500 folks now competitive for the ranked legendary. Will be interesting to see where the 1500 mark lands up compared to the "old" 800K-ish rank 1000 cutoff ...

Seems like a new form of DBay bidding wars taking place
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    oh2aqyt74lp9.jpg
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the horror. the horror.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • 900K might be a little high. From the forum, for pure skirmish:

For Haunted Vessels, top 1000 was at about 740k. I've got no data for Catching Fire either,
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's simple what has happened. When threshold used to be 130k and people saw final scores much higher they said, why should I bother and stopped. Now threshold are 350k and suddenly the 1k cutoff seems within reach so more people push for it. Then the people who were getting 1k before see their rank slipping and push further. This will continue until we hit a new equilibrium of people clearing threshold and then not thinking the extra effort is worth it again.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

It's simple what has happened. When threshold used to be 130k and people saw final scores much higher they said, why should I bother and stopped. Now threshold are 350k and suddenly the 1k cutoff seems within reach so more people push for it. Then the people who were getting 1k before see their rank slipping and push further. This will continue until we hit a new equilibrium of people clearing threshold and then not thinking the extra effort is worth it again.

I definitely reached that in this event. After clearing the thresholds (early yesterday?...I’ve forgotten already) and seeing my rank was somewhere around 2500, it became clear that dropping another 200,000 points just to catch up (never mind keep up during the last day of the event) wasn’t worth it. Hopefully we find that equilibrium soon...