Home The Bridge

New 5* in Vault - Navigator Stamets

2»

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chancellor wrote: »
    Decided I would make one single pull and it paid off. Got Navigator Stamets and a 5th star on Captain Lorca

Nice.
    Would you mind sharing ship ability?

Sorry, just saw the question, but noticed someone else already posted it. :)

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Navigator Stamets' stats are pretty ordinary. What do others think?

Maybe it's just a symptom of power creep, but referring to someone who has the 3rd-best ENG base of any main cast crew (behind Dress Uniform Scotty and Seven in Silver), and pretty decent base SCI as well, as "ordinary" strikes me funny.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    So help me out, cause I dont subscribe to a pay service which distributes ST:DIS, but I am not attracted to the art for this card. Why is he strapped down like that? Please use spoiler tags when answering, as to not offend those offended by such. Me, I am immune to spoilers.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    So help me out, cause I dont subscribe to a pay service which distributes ST:DIS, but I am not attracted to the art for this card. Why is he strapped down like that? Please use spoiler tags when answering, as to not offend those offended by such. Me, I am immune to spoilers.
    Stamets is the navigator for his spore drive he created and the things on his arms are connectors where he attaches himself to the spore device so that he can direct the ship to spore jump to the exact right coordinates.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamets is the navigator for his spore drive he created and the things on his arms are connectors where he attaches himself to the spore device so that he can direct the ship to spore jump to the exact right coordinates.

Seems rather personel intensive. No wonder Starfleet ditched the design.

Me, I am a fan of the Romulan Quantum Singularity drive.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with the Hitchhiker's Improbability Drive.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'd go with the Hitchhiker's Improbability Drive.
    I forget which episode but there was a very minor one scene guy named Zaphod somewhere in Season 1. I remember laughing at it on my second watch through, clever easter egg.

Edit: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Zaphod

Found the reference on memory-alpha
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems rather personel intensive. No wonder Starfleet ditched the design.

Me, I am a fan of the Romulan Quantum Singularity drive.
    He actually did it to avoid to avoid torturing an animal (the Ripper card that was introduced a year or so ago to the game). Then got in a bit of trouble for genetic engineering, and now it seems like the real problem with the Spore Drive is that it's destroying another universe.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Discovery's saucy answer to Decontamination Gel.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, but hey, I'm not the one who asked for Mirror Dominatrix Troi, either.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Mirror Stamets and Navigator Stamets on overall voyage point score are pretty similar it's just one is Science Primary the other is Engineering Primary. With Command or Medical as the Tertiary. Personally I would prefer Medical subsidy over Command.

But to say stats are a bit meh on a top 50 voyage crew (given the number of legendaries we now have) you either have a hankering for power creep or fail to see what those stats could actually be used for and when. For example Command/Medical combination is still pretty light compared to other skill combinations as is Medical/Engineering.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO