Home Make It So!

Correct Crew Names From "Away Team" to "Landing Party

It occurs to me that in ENT, DSC, and TOS, Starfleet used the term "landing party", rather than the "away team" that was used in TNG, DS9, and VOY. Consequently, the following should be corrected:

Away Team Archer
Away Team Burnham
Away Team Number One
Away Team Saru

Comments

• Landing party, away team: different terms with the same meaning. Since it's all the same, I prefer one term for all crew.
  • Landing party, away team: different terms with the same meaning. Since it's all the same, I prefer one term for all crew.

Heathen! You dishonor us all with your blasphemy!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Actually there are plenty of times Away team was used in Enterprise

S1 E10
    HOSHI: There are four biosigns on the module. It's the away team.

S1 E15 (again Hoshi the offender)
    HOSHI: That shipwreck. We have no idea what type of life forms we'll find on that alien vessel, and there's a lot of interference in the atmosphere. Are you sure the away team won't need a translator?

of Course Landing Party is also used just to muddy the waters

S1 E7
    Landing party is used three times by Reed, Tucker and Archer

S1 E14 Shadows of P'jem
    ARCHER: Don't give yourself too much credit. I was the one who found P'Jem in the database, and I led the landing party. I want you to know I'm filing a protest with the High Command.

And just when it coudl'nt get worse
    For Episode 4 Strange New World 'Survey Team' is used (but it's still got the word team in it ;-P)

In short they're as interchangeable as a tool driver bit set.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO