Home The Bridge

Gauntlet: Why so much Klingon?

Am I the only one who's noticed that lately, Gauntlet-after-Gauntlet has Klingon as a featured trait? There are other aliens in Star Trek, DB...

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Gauntlets with high crit percentages are just no fun. Tonight I got Klingon/Cultural Figure/Inspiring.

0chrsab11wfu.jpg

Even with this lineup, streaks will be non-existent due to RNG.
  • Yep. Gauntlets with high crit percentages are just no fun. Tonight I got Klingon/Cultural Figure/Inspiring.

0chrsab11wfu.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. I know, why doesn't DB just go ahead and give every Gauntlet from here on out Klingon as a featured trait? Wouldn't that be not boring at all?
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other gauntlet rotation had Borg 3 or 4 times back to back, and this current time switched to Klingon as well. I love this shake up to make my crew feel more useful that DB has given us. The only shake up so far has been a lack of El-Aurian.
  • I think it's DB's way of nudging us all into buying Kahless the Unforgettable.
  • Yep. Gauntlets with high crit percentages are just no fun. Tonight I got Klingon/Cultural Figure/Inspiring.

0chrsab11wfu.jpg

had the same three traits third time in a row. And i don't have Khaless or gowron.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • doesn't matter 45% crit vs 5% always loses ... so why bother ... i'm not even going to mention mirror matches...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOO! Five Gauntlets in a row! Variety is soooooo overrated, no?!

5jvqae3xl1uu.png
  • I remember once back-to-back Bartender Guinan Gauntlets. El-Aurian, Marksman, Communicator - i believe which gave 65% crit chance for Bartender Guinan in two straight gauntlets.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • edited February 2019
    Some new gauntlet traits and variations would be nice. NO inspiring, klingon, cultural figure, brutal... they have been quite redundant. Some new trait line-ups so we can make use of other crew would be less boring.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember once back-to-back Bartender Guinan Gauntlets. El-Aurian, Marksman, Communicator - i believe which gave 65% crit chance for Bartender Guinan in two straight gauntlets.

That was wretched, especially with a third such gauntlet in a week and a fourth within three weeks. That’s what caused me to jump from the A schedule to the B schedule.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who else thinks character names should go in the gauntlet trait pool?? so you could get combinations like - engineering, jury rigger, starfleet, scotty :)
  • [GoT] Unsober Shimoda[GoT] Unsober Shimoda ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Break gauntlet into 3 divisions just like arena....1*2* - 3*4* - 5*......with diff types of rewards for each...citations come to mind as "big reward" for first 2 divisions......

It's a neat idea, but with crew slots almost always at a premium, who can really afford to keep Gauntlet 1's, 2's, and 3's out of the freezer for those divisions? Though, I guess 1's and 3's would be somewhat irrelevant in the hypothetical division breakdown, because almost every 4* gauntlet crew will outstrip a 3* gauntlet crew... same for 2's vs. 1's...
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who's noticed that lately, Gauntlet-after-Gauntlet has Klingon as a featured trait? There are other aliens in Star Trek, DB...

We don't need no Klingon Inspiration,
    We dont need no Mirror Picard,
    No crit hits in the gauntlet
    DB leave them Cultural Figures alone
    Hey! DB! Leave them Cultural Figures alone!
    All in all it's just another Surak in the wall.
    All in all you're just another Surak in the wall.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • It would be nice if the traits were random. I read in a previous thread they have weighted them so there will always be crew with the combination of traits.

Wouldn't it be nice to actually come up against opponents WITHOUT a whole host of criticals for a change.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is like my 5th gauntlet with klingon, cultural figure, inspiring since the announced ""trait diversity" adjustment"". Skipping this one, maybe I can get on the Guinan rotation instead : /
  • Break gauntlet into 3 divisions just like arena....1*2* - 3*4* - 5*......with diff types of rewards for each...citations come to mind as "big reward" for first 2 divisions......

I suggested this general idea a few weeks ago in a different thread. But not with such low lvl crew.
    Splitting the gauntlet into two or three sections will take some work but we already have the base from arena. It should be 3*/4* and 4*/5*. Maybe only two. This would give a lower level for newer players with less crew. 4* crew varry on prof numbers and could be used in both.
    And then please change up the redundant traits so that we can use crew other than klingon, brutal, inspiring, cultural figure, geneticists.
    edited February 2019
    Since the announced changes to The Gauntlet including increased trait variety, Kahless the Unbeatable has been 65% crit 100% of the time, at least for those of us on the scheduled Gauntlets ending today.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would complain why so many Mirror Picard bonus traits? Kahless cost 100,000 honor to get and yet most times Mirror Picard has a bonus and Kahless does not.
    Let’s fly!
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Since the announced changes to The Gauntlet including increased trait variety, Kahless the Unbeatable has been 65% crit 100% of the time, at least for those of us on the scheduled Gauntlets ending today.

Sounds like something is wonky with your Gauntlet series :-( I'm in "the other one"; here's the dump of the last month's features - there haven't been any 3-for-3 trait repeats. I had a Borg tri-fecta after the announcement but with different other trait combinations ...

fn0kvmcqap5l.png
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
    Thankfully, something changed for us on this track, and now we too have Borg instead of Klingon :p
  • das411 wrote: »
    who else thinks character names should go in the gauntlet trait pool?? so you could get combinations like - engineering, jury rigger, starfleet, scotty :)

I'll throw in Collections, too. I'm not so interested in ENG, Jury Rigger, Starfleet, Scotty if only because that creates a 65% Scotty Gauntlet. But what about, say....

ENG
    Jury Rigger
    Spock
    "The Big Goodbye"

So far as I know, that'd give Gangster and Laborer Spock 45% and no one else above 25%. Great if you've got them, but not a wall-builder. And none of the current Gauntlet standards (Locutus of Borg, Bartender Guinan, The Caretaker, Surak, Armus, Kahless the Unforgettable, Captain Beverly Picard) would qualify for any bonus. (Note: "A New Challenger Approaches!" should be excluded from the pool of bonuses for the obvious reason.)
  • Some new gauntlet traits and variations would be nice. NO inspiring, klingon, cultural figure, brutal... they have been quite redundant. Some new trait line-ups so we can make use of other crew would be less boring.

Its weird to quote yourself but i wanted referrence.
    Since this thread all of my gauntlets have been different. Thank you DB.
  • Some new gauntlet traits and variations would be nice. NO inspiring, klingon, cultural figure, brutal... they have been quite redundant. Some new trait line-ups so we can make use of other crew would be less boring.

Again weird to quote yourself for referrence..my gauntlet today is kilingon, duelist, desperate. So my trait switch up lasted for 2 gauntlets.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey DB
    Can we get a Bynar gauntlet trait?
    I wanna take these new bad boys I got today out for a spin

😊😉

Some new gauntlet traits and variations would be nice. NO inspiring, klingon, cultural figure, brutal... they have been quite redundant. Some new trait line-ups so we can make use of other crew would be less boring.

Again weird to quote yourself for referrence..my gauntlet today is kilingon, duelist, desperate. So my trait switch up lasted for 2 gauntlets.

I think I must be in your group :p This is going to be a rough 2 days thanks to it also being Engineering.

7rb64b3j2q6c.png