Home The Bridge

Pike Offer

£8.99 for TOS Pike, 1250 Chrons and 200k credits.

I don't have him so he'd only be 1/5 for me - is he generally considered a decent card, and so worth considering?

Comments

• £8.99 for TOS Pike, 1250 Chrons and 200k credits.

I don't have him so he'd only be 1/5 for me - is he generally considered a decent card, and so worth considering?
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's two skill only, with both skills being good not great
    The offer is still solid though, so whether it's worth it or not probably depends on crew slots
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best card by any means, but the offer brought me up to 3 stars so I went for it.

He'll be an extra crew for the shuttles, but at 1/5 you'll probably have better Disco cards (and plenty 'em).
  • He is one of the worst legendaries in the game. Perhaps the worst.
  • Thx, not buying even though he looks cool, don’t need another 1/5 unless exceptional!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    He is one of the worst legendaries in the game. Perhaps the worst.

Enterprise-E Picard is putrid, even though he is 3 skilled
    Also.... Changeling Founder anyone?

1-skill Scotty?
    That said, I think 4/4 S31 Georgiou will be a better option for those stats. And I happen to have two of her. But we might have more Pike events down the road. OG Pike might get better with age.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Bought, 4th star, no to get another 50K honor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

1-skill Scotty?
    That said, I think 4/4 S31 Georgiou will be a better option for those stats. And I happen to have two of her. But we might have more Pike events down the road. OG Pike might get better with age.

That Scotty is very, very good in the arena IMO though
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old-school Pike is only strong in the arena / skirmishes. Fully fused, he has +10 attack after only 4 seconds to initialize.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s not great at 1/5*, for sure. I did it so I could get him to 3/5* and because I am generally a sucker for TOS crew.

As for “worst gold” crew, there’s plenty of competition. I maintain, as I have for some time now, that Captain Scott doesn’t really belong at the top of that list. His ship ability is so insane even at 1/5* thanks to those passive equipment bonuses that he has a lot of value for the arena and for Skirmish events. Yes, he only has one skill that is pretty poor when partially fused, even with a decent proficiency. Yes, I may be biased because he is one of my two favorite chief engineers. His ship ability is still totally bonkers and I won’t be replacing him any time soon.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

1-skill Scotty?

Your right about Captain Scott. Except I consider him the best accuracy for skirmish. But that is all he is useful for possibly arena too depending on what else you include.

Edit: looks like a lot of us think highly of Captain Scott's ship abilities.
  • Yateball wrote: »

They do at least one thing ok if traits match (gauntlet). Ditto Captain Scott who is great at one thing (ship battles).

Captain Pike isn't good at anything.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Picked it up so I could do this............... :D

6emav74v3gx4.png

One star away from the quadfecta

Edit: I guess you get that next event.
    Also could do Orion Vina and Talos IV Spock.
    But Spock should be in cryo. I wonder if DB could get the rights to puppet master doc.
  • Tora Ziyal, Orion Vina, Admiral Cartwright, One. Lots of contenders for the worst in the game.
  • I had Hunter Pike at 4/5 so took the offer to add the last star.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

1-skill Scotty?

That Scotty is very, very good in the arena IMO though

I think all things considered, Shinzon is the worst of the worst. COM/SEC/DIP skill set, not a single 1K base, weak proficiencies, atrocious Arena ability, putrid Voyage total, four worthless traits, zero collections. I can't think of a single reason to have him outside of bad good luck on a merit pull.

Yep, there's a reason his nickname is what it is. ;)
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Pike 1/5, I love him, he is utterly useless until arena ready.

I am working my brain through the contortions of rationalizing “hey, $9.99 is what they charge for 1250 Chrons anyway during events, and i’m kind of low for next week’s galaxy, and Pike’s second star is just the secret toy surprise in the box”. And yes, I know, never pay for chrons, but like I said, I’m rationalizing. Or considering it. And yes, I know I will inevitably be disappointed that the secret toy surprise is kinda doo-doo, and I just got sick from eating too many cracker jacks, but it’s my allowance so :-P
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him at 2/5, so I bit.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I have him at 2/5, so I bit.

Interesting ... at 3/5 and bonused he's actually not half-bad for a CMD-and-DIP seat this event ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked it up so I could do this............... :D

6emav74v3gx4.png

Very cool. If I had all those crew I might go TOS Pike, Dsc Pike, TOS Number One, Dsc Number One. But either way is awesome. I do not have the TOS Pike and Number One so I did this with my bridge.
    uymcor64zrj2.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on people, let's be civil in this thread. One flash for 'yes', two flashes for 'no'!

*flash* *flash*
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Come on people, let's be civil in this thread. One flash for 'yes', two flashes for 'no'!

*flash* *flash*

jwkB7nX.gif

Seriously, though — I was tempted. I've got him at 3/5, and I love me some Original Recipe Pike... but I couldn't quite pull the trigger. Trying to cut back on my STT spending a bit, and in the end it just wasn't quite important enough for me to go for it. Had I been at 4/5 with him, I probably would've done it, but I've got so many Legendaries waiting for extra stars, I've gotta focus on the best ones and the ones that are closest to FF first.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveJ301 wrote: »
    £8.99 for TOS Pike, 1250 Chrons and 200k credits.

Some people buy this offer just for the Chrons. Personally I don't think he is worth it, hes an old card and rather poor stat wise.

DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it was a no, he would have been 1/5 and do I really want to bust a gut leveling him for this event when there is part galaxy and having just come out of a galaxy. I like the card and TOS characters but timing was just not right for this one, shame it wasn't a will scarlet - wonder if there would have been more purchases given they handed him out a while back.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    For me it was a no, he would have been 1/5 and do I really want to bust a gut leveling him for this event when there is part galaxy and having just come out of a galaxy. I like the card and TOS characters but timing was just not right for this one, shame it wasn't a will scarlet - wonder if there would have been more purchases given they handed him out a while back.

I seriously doubt he would have made a shuttle at 1/5 FE
  • 4th star for me, FE. I bit, and no regrets.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I seriously doubt he would have made a shuttle at 1/5 FE

Oddly enough he might have I haven’t quite fine tuned my seats for federation but there are a lot of cmd only and I have been using the likes of 1/5 killy stoner ash and even 1st Officer saru on one occasion. I think the lack of med options is also forcing the problem in selecting missions. I’ve even pulled Darth Bashir away from voyages which should help wrong time to have med heavy voyages as well. But anyway it would have been small gains
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO