Home The Bridge
Options

3 minutes into the event...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amazing that we still have these types of posts. If we in VIP0 can QuickStart, them anyone should be able to. It's been posted here enough.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in time, the faction event will go back down to reasonable numbers. But when that happens, the game may be nearing its end.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Jedzrilanna croishven
    Do not forget the extra shuttle tokens too. The effect of being a squadron captain. Also, the use of Dil. 1.8 mil. who knows exactly how it was achieved there are multiple ways. But it really means, they want to finish number one.

1.8 mil. use to be a four day faction total for rank one.
    But that was before 2x rewards and extra shuttles. Keep in mind they probably had stockpiled purchases of the extra shuttles in previous events.

When i did the math was before suttle tokens. They are pretty new. With 4 shuttles at that time being the max the amount of vp was divided by 4k for less confusion. Assuming all were 4 k successful shuttles it was one shuttle every 30 seconds over the entire 4 day event. Even with di instant returns thats alot of red bull over 4 days.
    And who would spend that much on di anyways for the rank reward which at that time was 1 copy of the 5*. You would be better off just buying the event pack with 2/5 plus 10 x 10 pks.
    I suggest we revisit this next weekend with a 4 day faction. Even if u use 10 or 20 tokens at a time not all of them come back successful? There is a % for event and bonus crew. How can u return 10-20 successful shuttles every 30 sec?

Hate to say the obvious, you need to recheck your maths.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always someone willing to outspend you. This is a game, but it is also a business. With the introduction of shuttle tokens and extra boosts, it comes down to how much do you want it and how much are you wiling to pay to say I won an event?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Yep you cannot win faction events without spending a ton of cash. But that is okay with me. The whales that do are supporting a game I really enjoy. They are keeping the lights on at DB much more than my $8 a month.

I suspect their lights have been doing just fine (unless they’re being retrofitted with platinum chandeliers loaded with precious gemstones) for a very long time, especially if their GoT or Walking Dead games have a similar profit model.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect their lights have been doing just fine (unless they’re being retrofitted with platinum chandeliers loaded with precious gemstones) for a very long time, especially if their GoT or Walking Dead games have a similar profit model.

Well, those games are not even walking anymore, but are dead. For a game of a small company STT at least is doing ok, but the lights need constant "fuel" or one day sooner or later also the spark of this game will be gone...

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always someone willing to outspend you. This is a game, but it is also a business. With the introduction of shuttle tokens and extra boosts, it comes down to how much do you want it and how much are you wiling to pay to say I won an event?

The faction winner was "how much do you want it and how much are you wiling to pay to say I won an event". The winners use DIl to instacomplete shuttles. Tokens and boosts provides variety and cheaper ways to ptw, but #1 overall was always ptw.
  • Options
    As someone else suggested, if you want to win based on merit, straight skirmish events are by far your best option. Provided that you have one of a number of fast damage setups, your competitiveness is dictated entirely by your time commitment.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs