Home The Bridge
Options

Petition to Lower the VP Needed to get the Repeat Event Gold

Comments

• Options
    200k would be better, when DB moved it up to the 400k point it was definitely a decision not taken by anyone with an inkling of brand building or loss leader. Building goodwill from your customers repeatedly escapes DB.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    I think 150k is a reasonable place for it and not too easy,
    because it's an old crew with depreciated stats.
    It's not too shiny of a thing to make more easily available to newish players.
    A good incentive for players to get into a rerun event for a significant VP,
    but not too high that it's discouraging.

Agreed.

Even up to 100k might be beneficial for new players. But new players do have a good chance of picking up the mega event repeating crew. So does not necessarily have to be below 200k.
  • Options
    I want it back to 100. The easier the better
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Adding my name to the petition.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    We Ferengi at The Divine Treasury support this. Signed.
  • Options
    It's too hard to get most golds, IMO. At the rate they are releasing them, they make it neigh impossible to really scratch the collector itch. Every day I marvel at how impossible it will be for most new players to come close to completing them all.

I totally believe they would make more money if the golds were easier and cheaper to get. $100? Seriously..,
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed if they want to help new players grow they will lower the threshold it makes more sense
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I support this 100%
  • Options
    Signed.

The #1 benefit of the rerun gold in threshold is for newer players to pick up a legendary who will most likely strengthen their crew, even though they are markedly weaker than the newest 5* cards. They need to be placed at a threshold level that's achievable for a new player with moderate effort.

Until relatively recently hitting 130k was clearing all thresholds, something which was not always achievable for new captains. That's why 100k seemed reasonable. At 150k, many of them could probably reach it if they went all in and pushed hard, but that seems like a realistic ceiling.
  • Options
    This does not personally affect me (it actually reduced the "to airlock or not to airlock" issue with 5* that I don't want or need). But I agree that the rerun gold is mainly useful for new players, who will not be able to get it at 400k.

So +1 from me too :)
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    200k is reasonable. It is high enough to be challenging enough for newer or weaker players who may be decisive enough to spend money on shuttles to reach it faster. But it is not too high to be unachievable.

Also as it is not new or powerfull card, it is not really interesting to older and more powerfull players with really deep crew so there is no point of this card being above 200k.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    I think something between 100k and 200k would be just fine.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    So thus far we are unanimous that we want this moved. Literally no player likes it where it is. I just want to make that clear.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    So thus far we are unanimous that we want this moved. Literally no player likes it where it is. I just want to make that clear.

Oh, I thought by commenting in this thread we were signing the petition? Because then, of course, everyone signing the petition is unanimous!

There didn't seem to be a link to an actual petition in the OP. It just says "Please post your support below."

If that's not the case, then I'll add my two cents: I don't particularly mind. I thought 100K was a bit low ("Legendaries" are supposed to be difficult to acquire!), and 400K was a bit high (ah, come on, give us a break). I think somewhere around 262,144 would be ideal, but 400K isn't crazy-high. It needs to be a challenge, IMO. In fact, I prefer 400K to 100K! I think there would be more pressure on newbies with fewer crew slots to be forced to keep a lower-quality Legendary with relatively few benefits.

So it's not unanimous. I think people are just posting their support here, as requested.
  • Options
    Concur.
  • Options
    Agreed 100%
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    If anybody would like to help me turn this into an actual petition, please feel free to pm me as i have no info on how to do it. Thank you for the overwhelming support thus far!
    Poll Post made, link:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13195/petition-to-lower-the-vp-needed-to-get-the-repeat-event-gold-poll-attached
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Oh, I thought by commenting in this thread we were signing the petition? Because then, of course, everyone signing the petition is unanimous!

There didn't seem to be a link to an actual petition in the OP. It just says "Please post your support below."

If that's not the case, then I'll add my two cents: I don't particularly mind. I thought 100K was a bit low ("Legendaries" are supposed to be difficult to acquire!), and 400K was a bit high (ah, come on, give us a break). I think somewhere around 262,144 would be ideal, but 400K isn't crazy-high. It needs to be a challenge, IMO. In fact, I prefer 400K to 100K! I think there would be more pressure on newbies with fewer crew slots to be forced to keep a lower-quality Legendary with relatively few benefits.

So it's not unanimous. I think people are just posting their support here, as requested.

While it would be to my benefit to make it easier to get the Legendary for events where I don't want to participate much, I think you make a good point here. New players are already getting some pretty strong legendaries from mega events, and the rerun crew are generally pretty weak by comparison. For a low spender or VIP0, a weak legendary might be frustrating as an early drop during an event, as odd as that sounds to those of us who want them ALLL.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I’ll sign this.

How about a petition to open up 2 copies of the featured gold final reward to something more reasonable like 500 or 750th place?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I have been away for too long XD im gonna post a voting post to put the amount of yeas to naes into perspective. Edit: poll created, link:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13195/petition-to-lower-the-vp-needed-to-get-the-repeat-event-gold-poll-attached
  • Options
    Still doing it wrong...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Shan passed down word from Olympus.

Very politely phrased "Helically wound fastening device you guys. People grind the 400,000 so why change it?"

EDIT: NOT Shan's fault. She is just their Mercury/Hermes.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not need to lower the 400k VP.
    For faction events the VP awarded needs to be increased by 50%.