Home The Bridge

Petition to Lower the VP Needed to get the Repeat Event Gold (Poll Attached)

edited February 2019 in The Bridge
I forgot i could make polls haha, oops.
Edit: per @ByloBand 's nit picking :tongue: i am rephrasing the question. Should the vp required to get the repeat gold in the threshold rewards be lowered?

Petition to Lower the VP Needed to get the Repeat Event Gold (Poll Attached) 168 votes

Yes
83%
Captain_WhoCaptainUnderpantsCaptain TFmilamber42WaldoMagSabine of AthensCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMpbertXoiikuZombie Squirrel IkritV.McCaptainfaceLalandrascruffy151[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorZann Calcore (ISA)Althea Biermont 140 votes
No
16%
AmphistaffSSR BarkleyRocpileabegheer1IvanstoneKTz[SSR]TrollhammerenDragenKettleKornShadowconmasterJayBeezyPaladin 27DBCooperTcalSoupKitchen RikerFrank?Gib - Admiral MarinersMarakith Dax=j= Grey Earl 'o'PenguinJim 28 votes

Comments

•  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you want it, I’d say you should work for it! Haha
  • Yes
    Still agree
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback, and the suggestions. It is not something we are likely to change however.
    Event participation and the progression through thresholds are good, we are of course keeping an eye on it.

It's kinda like a self-fulfilling prophecy. People grind the 400k because they have to to get the reward.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback, and the suggestions. It is not something we are likely to change however.
    Event participation and the progression through thresholds are good, we are of course keeping an eye on it.

It's kinda like a self-fulfilling prophecy. People grind the 400k because they have to to get the reward.

I believe the point is that people are grinding to 400k. Only if more players stopped grinding so hard would DB think about lowering the threshold VP needed to get the 5*.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    If i was new to the game.
    Would I spend money on trying to get the legendary at 400k.
    Or would I spend money after getting the legendary say at 100k.
    I think I would probably buy one or two cadet offers if it was lower than higher.
    I would not run the risk of buying boosts and coming up short of 400k.

I am not sure how DB is figuring the monetary gains here.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I think I would probably buy one or two cadet offers if it was lower than higher.

And if you're F2P or a low spender?

I've spent very little money in this game for placement. For Skirmish or Galaxy its just a matter of time spent. Even if you spend money on game related offers you still need the time.

For faction spending money might get you a return but faction placement is still requires a healthy amount of bonus crew. Buying boosts is nearly pointless if you don't have the crew.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I've spent very little money in this game for placement. For Skirmish or Galaxy its just a matter of time spent. Even if you spend money on game related offers you still need the time.

For faction spending money might get you a return but faction placement is still requires a healthy amount of bonus crew. Buying boosts is nearly pointless if you don't have the crew.

I agree.
    But DB is trying to make money. I would think they have an idea how the legendary at 400k achieves this. But, I have not figured out how. They have to realize as this games go on, people will be Less willing to spend $10.00 to try to get a legendary. They will have to take an offer like today's assimilated Janeway and sell it for $4.99.
  • Yes
    Yeah, I don't expect to see this change, but for me 400k might as well be 4 million.

I'm neither F2P nor all that low-spending, but it's been months since I had enough free time on a weekend to even consider that kind of grind.
    If the repeat golds were even at, say, 250 k, I'd make the time anyway, give up some sleep, and grind away. At 400k, it's not remotely within reach, so I don't bother trying.
    Yes

So in less diplomatic ways "deal with it". Well i won't even going to try as i already have all the 4*
    immortalized and going to spend my time doing something relaxing for a change.

Basically. But let's keep in mind Shan is just the messenger and has nothing to do with the company decisions and policies. Her and Riker just get stuck relaying messages like this one!!!!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I go for the event, I'm going to get the old 5* regardless. The fact that participation in the events is high is pointless to the discussion. My problem is that when the old 5* was lower, I earned it during the event with enough time to spend chronitons (and DYC for some). Earning it at near the end means it will probably be a while before I spend resources and I certainly won't pay to double it.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

No need to lower the price as long as people are willing to pay, eh?
  • Shan wrote: »

Precisely
    Yes

Precisely

Which means there is an easy way for people to show their opinion. And a message to them let's them know WHY revenue dropped.........
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I agree.
    But DB is trying to make money. I would think they have an idea how the legendary at 400k achieves this. But, I have not figured out how. They have to realize as this games go on, people will be Less willing to spend $10.00 to try to get a legendary. They will have to take an offer like today's assimilated Janeway and sell it for $4.99.

I suspect that buying event crew via packs or offers is where the money is. I can get 400K in a faction event just by running shuttles every 3 hours since I can usually bring a solid amount of bonus crew. This event I should be in a pretty good position since I have Janeway at 3/5 and the new Tuvok at 3/5. For people with less developed crews the better way to place is to obtain and level crew. I guess its possible for people with relatively weak crew to brute force your way to victory with faster shuttle completions but I think the amount of people doing that is fairly small.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Yes

Thank you for the official response (even if it isnt something i want to hear :wink: ). Now we arent arguing the expansion of the threshold reward table as that is a very good thing, the point we are trying to make is before the threshold expansion, an old gold was worth 100k vp, but now after the threshold expansion it is worth 400k?!?! I cant fathom what DBs reasoning is...
    Yes

Thank you for the official response (even if it isnt something i want to hear :wink: ). Now we arent arguing the expansion of the threshold reward table as that is a very good thing, the point we are trying to make is before the threshold expansion, an old gold was worth 100k vp, but now after the threshold expansion it is worth 400k?!?! I cant fathom what DBs reasoning is...

Short answer is people are grinding the 400,000 because they have to to get the Legendary.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to nitpick but you need to ask a yes/no question before the choices of yes/no make any sense in context :p
    Yes
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Not to nitpick but you need to ask a yes/no question before the choices of yes/no make any sense in context :p

Excellent point.

Yes it should be, no it shouldn't be.

Question should have been "Should the VP for the existing Legendary in a Rerun be lowered?" Or some such.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My problem is that when the old 5* was lower, I earned it during the event with enough time to spend chronitons (and DYC for some). Earning it at near the end means it will probably be a while before I spend resources and I certainly won't pay to double it.

I think this sums up my thoughts as well. It's certainly nice to have a way to play for a star for an older legendary. If you already have the card, great, add a star (my 3/5 Unsure-of-her-agent-status Janeway will be happy). But if you don't have the card - 'cause you're a newer player or you couldn't rank high enough during the first run or whatever else - getting the card near the end of the event is akin to the old 5* ranked rewards - where you won a 5* card but let it sit on your roster for 5 months before an event with came along that was suited to that card.

I don't know what the threshold vp should be - 100K is probably fine for faction, but would be too easy in a galaxy or skirmish. Maybe 200K strikes a reasonable balance.
  • Yes
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Guess I’ll be in the minority here.

Seems like everyone is upset about this being at 400k and is voting on that one specific change but not considering the totality of the changes to thresholds that occurred when they expanded thresholds.

How about the next poll be which do you prefer:

A: cut off thresholds at 130k for the purple and the 1000 merits for 250k in faction events and once every two months have a gold at 100k VP.

B: have threshold rewards including a voyage token and a premium pack with a 10% chance of a gold st 350k and once every two months have a rerun gold at 400k VP. .

Logically, in the new structure with a premium pull (10% gold chance) at 350k it makes sense to have the gold after that.

But why cant we have our cake...and eat it too? How hard would it be for db to do both? More than 1 player has stated how it would likely increase DB's revenue!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Guess I’ll be in the minority here.

Seems like everyone is upset about this being at 400k and is voting on that one specific change but not considering the totality of the changes to thresholds that occurred when they expanded thresholds.

How about the next poll be which do you prefer:

A: cut off thresholds at 130k for the purple and the 1000 merits for 250k in faction events and once every two months have a gold at 100k VP.

B: have threshold rewards including a voyage token and a premium pack with a 10% chance of a gold st 350k and once every two months have a rerun gold at 400k VP. .

Logically, in the new structure with a premium pull (10% gold chance) at 350k it makes sense to have the gold after that.

vqucnvb3pabi.gif
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    [quote="(CSF) Jesus Is Lord

But why cant we have our cake...and eat it too? How hard would it be for db to do both? More than 1 player has stated how it would likely increase DB's revenue! [/quote]

I'd even go further raise the threshold further with a tasty super rare / gold citation at 600 and 750k or something along those lines
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Yes
    "(CSF) wrote:

But why cant we have our cake...and eat it too? How hard would it be for db to do both? More than 1 player has stated how it would likely increase DB's revenue!

I'd even go further raise the threshold further with a tasty super rare / gold citation at 600 and 750k or something along those lines

Now that would be a prize worth fighting for.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    "(CSF) wrote:

Now that would be a prize worth fighting for.

yeah
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Yes
    At 400k, not going to push this weekend. Not worth the resources
    Yes
    At 400k, not going to push this weekend. Not worth the resources

Me, either. I need a * on Noah. Ro is FF for me. If I can reach the 5* Outfit withou wasting Boosts, I'll be happy.