Home The Bridge

Petition to Lower the VP Needed to get the Repeat Event Gold (Poll Attached)

2»

Comments

• Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    bluetib wrote: »
    I haven't the time for that kind of grind anymore. I pushed hard for McCoy a while back and it was BRUTAL! The only reason I did it was because it was the last star. The game changed from 'fun' to 'I hate this' trying to get that high.

Agreed, 100%. A rerun means I am very unlikely to buy packs, so the alternate means of a crew star was great, but at 400,000 it’s simply not worth it, and I am still not buying packs.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally left blank
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Yes
    It would be nice to be able to use the (additional) 5* during the event .. especially if 1/5 and 2/5 stats are sub-par.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would say yes, It should be something to work towards so maybe the 300k mark, the difficulty is hitting the sweet spot in terms of resources/time required to hit the top threshold.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • DB sees the receipts so they know the coin spent to get the threshold. It's business and I wouldn't expect any business to lower costs unless they're in the red.

That's why my VP goal for any event is just 130k VP. That usually guarantees a 4* FF card, unless it's faction and I get only 3* for only having 2 shuttle bays.

I'm a low end spender and will keep it that way. I still have fun!!
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think 200k is about right for the repeat gold. At the end of the day, DB wants to sell crew slots and at that point, you’d end up getting a bunch of mid-level players a 1/5 gold which they would find to be an accomplishment and take up a crew slot. This is especially true in repeat galaxy events.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Navarch wrote: »
    I think 200k is about right for the repeat gold. At the end of the day, DB wants to sell crew slots and at that point, you’d end up getting a bunch of mid-level players a 1/5 gold which they would find to be an accomplishment and take up a crew slot. This is especially true in repeat galaxy events.

I don't think crew slots are a big profit driver for them. You can only buy so much, whereas packs and dil is infinite.
    Furthermore, at some point slots become an afterthought. I've got 205 and only use 165. I could even bring that down by about 10 slots if I wanted. About the only crew I add these days are 1/5, but those don't pile up. Granted, I wish DB made it easier to add stars on the 50+ 1/5 cards I have, but not because I need the room.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Full disclosure: I voted for the lower Threshold.

https://youtu.be/5Md_nDXAOZ8

I have her at 3* from Begolds. I voted for the lower Threshold

https://youtu.be/5Md_nDXAOZ8

thinking of other people getting her.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    No
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback, and the suggestions. It is not something we are likely to change however.
    Event participation and the progression through thresholds are good, we are of course keeping an eye on it.

It's kinda like a self-fulfilling prophecy. People grind the 400k because they have to to get the reward.

I believe the point is that people are grinding to 400k. Only if more players stopped grinding so hard would DB think about lowering the threshold VP needed to get the 5*.

This is the correct answer.
  • Well I've tried grinding in different event types and I just can't hit 400k even with saved sorrytons and voyages and gauntlet rewards. Not about working for it. It would take paying for it. So that's it for me.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I understand that resistance is futile in this case, but mine is hard vote to yes.

Its a replay and a nice reward for players looking to immortalize older 5 stars.

DB needs to make older 5 stars more readily available. Its been years and I have so many crew at 1/5 because Ive never seen them again.
  • Flemming wrote: »
    Intentionally left blank

Except it's not blank!

Now remind me why in the US we drive on a Parkway and park in a Driveway?
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Intentionally left blank

Except it's not blank!

Now remind me why in the US we drive on a Parkway and park in a Driveway?

I probably could have also said that I refuse to participate in a poll or petition which would entertain the opinion of someone like me.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    in a vacuum, yes 400k seems too high, but relative to the other rewards in the table, a free legendary outweighs the other rewards that are set at 300k, etc and seems to be in the right place. again, it's all relative
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'll be at the unpopular opinion table too.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Here is my problem with it.

I FINALLY thought I had an BREAK with all the dang grueling events (yes yes I know I don't have to bleh bleh bleh)

I am like great.. break... then I look and am like you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME... I HATE YOU DB!

yes that is what I screamed in my head

There needs to be an option to not have to go even MORE crazy on a repeat event. Repeats are a chance for long time (TIRED) players to take it easy, but do you let us NO, no no no no no...

Honestly ... DB is about on my last nerve.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    in a vacuum, yes 400k seems too high, but relative to the other rewards in the table, a free legendary outweighs the other rewards that are set at 300k, etc and seems to be in the right place. again, it's all relative

Finally, some reason.
    I have been thinking about this, alot.
    From a designer perspective.
    This game has a problem, and it is after the midgame where the missions are complete and we have players (probably between lev 60 and 80) who are active and willing to spend money. The game needs something for them to achieve. Thus the extended Event rewards.

But Oh no, this isnt fair to younger players!
    Of course it is not, younger players have other achievements to fulfill.
    A rerun event is unique, a veteran midlevel player above, might have participated in the original run and came up way short.
    [I think I got 2 of the 4 Maquis Ro, and that was all]
    Now years later, that same Captain can pound this event, and there is something to stretch for!
    [Agent Janeway was still absent from my crew; not anymore]

Do you want a game where everything is handed to you, and everyone else around you? Or do you want to be awesome?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ok Next Mega Event Legendary we should petition for it to be released at 400 or 500k who's with me......

.....any takers......

no........

.......but why not?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Yes
    Ok Next Mega Event Legendary we should petition for it to be released at 400 or 500k who's with me......

.....any takers......

no........

.......but why not?

SHHHH!!!! dont give DB any ideas!!! Dont listen to this guy, he is crazy *meanwhile a team of 4 guys in white nurse clothes comes with a straight jacket and places him in it*
  • Yes

.....any takers......

no........

.......but why not?

In all seriousness, that is an interesting point...
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    best i could find
    6a7yqgwrfu9q.gif

too many dodgy options for straight jacket and gagged

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Finally, some reason.
    This game has a problem, and it is after the midgame where the missions are complete and we have players (probably between lev 60 and 80) who are active and willing to spend money. The game needs something for them to achieve. Thus the extended Event rewards.

A rerun event is unique, a veteran midlevel player above, might have participated in the original run and came up way short.
    Now years later, that same Captain can pound this event, and there is something to stretch for!

Do you want a game where everything is handed to you, and everyone else around you? Or do you want to be awesome?

Exactly this.

400k is achievable for the mid-high range gamers. It is also a LEGENDARY card, you SHOULD have to work for it.

New players have a 4/5 gold they can easily obtain via the mega events that happen 6 times a year. And I don't mean to be arrogant when i say it's easily obtainable. I have a lvl 30 f2p alt that i was able to grind out 25k VP across 4 events to get a 4/5.

I would WELCOME another threshold, at maybe 600k or 750k (or higher) that would give an extra copy of the CURRENT gold legendary character. That would be a target for your high end gamers to hit. A little extra incentive for people playing the Alpha and Omega rerun event to get one more copy of Landry.

our focus ought not to be that "I'm entitled to a reward", but rather, "how can I work hard to get to an even better reward?". Fight the entitlement mentality.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Yes
    Finally, some reason.

Exactly this.

400k is achievable for the mid-high range gamers. It is also a LEGENDARY card, you SHOULD have to work for it.

New players have a 4/5 gold they can easily obtain via the mega events that happen 6 times a year. And I don't mean to be arrogant when i say it's easily obtainable. I have a lvl 30 f2p alt that i was able to grind out 25k VP across 4 events to get a 4/5.

I would WELCOME another threshold, at maybe 600k or 750k (or higher) that would give an extra copy of the CURRENT gold legendary character. That would be a target for your high end gamers to hit. A little extra incentive for people playing the Alpha and Omega rerun event to get one more copy of Landry.

our focus ought not to be that "I'm entitled to a reward", but rather, "how can I work hard to get to an even better reward?". Fight the entitlement mentality.

I do agree that the gold shouldnt be given out for free (that is reserved for dbups), but a low quality card shouldnt be put that high. I suppose it is all a matter of opinion, yes it is relative considering how db increased the thresholds...but still, when the thresholds were capped at 150,000 vp, why wasnt the repeat gold given away at 160,000? As a gold is worth way more than 1500 merits. And by this logic it should be at the tippy top of the rewards as that is the hardest to obtain...
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    To those throwing around the term value ... the problem is that it is relative.

Is Agent Janeway more valuable than 1500 Honor?
    - Well on the one hand yes, because if I want to add one star to her I need to cough up 50k Honor for a citation (or spend actual money). But if I look at it in the other direction ... if I just airlock her she only gives me 550 Honor.

Is she therefore the highest attainable value item in the Threshold reward table?
    - I don't know, it really does depend doesn't it? Personally, I think the voyage revival token to be of more value because I could use it to extend a good voyage and net me more 4*s (3-dilema crew) or chronitons etc. etc. ... to me the 10x premium pull might even be more valuable, because I could FF a 4* (getting me closer to the next achievement for 750 Dil or completing a collection) or potentially add stars to a 5* I already have and that I value more as a crew (e.g. Leo da Vinci) ... also, in general a 10x pull will provide me with more Honor than air locking Agent Janeway would.

However, to a newish player Agent Janeway would have a ton of value ... should she therefore be placed at a near unattainable level for a newish player or at a challenging level for that newish player? ... like I suggested previously, change it up for event type where the 5* is higher up for skirmishes, average for Hybrid/Galaxy and slightly lower for Faction.
    There doesn't have to be a cookie cutter solution for all the events ... there never have been equal threshold reward tables anyway, so why do any additions need to be exactly the same for all event types?

Anyway, I got my 1/5 Agent Janeway and she's now FE ... is she a valuable addition to my crew? Meh, average, probably only see use during Janeway events. Am I glad I have her? Yup, gotta catch 'em all.
  • No
    400k Vp isn't difficult to obtain for experienced players and I honestly don't think new players should easily get a legendary character.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well, with a meh crew at a late stage or difficult to attain position, I just go back to the old 100/130kvp and out.

So if you want my participation, and several others from my conversations, make the 5* slot waster more easily obtainable.