Home The Bridge

DB, let us earn more chronitons in voyages

2»

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I recently charted every voyage I sent for over a month. While there is a decent range of possible chroniton yields, I can assure you that over time the averages are very reasonable.

What I learned: we vividly remember the voyages where we feel like we got robbed, but we quickly forget the voyages where the chroniton piñata overflows in our favor.

When people talk about reduced Chrons I will look.Both Times one account had 6 Chrons at the 2 hour dilemma mark. One of these was today. My other account had 30. At the 4 hour mark one had 148 the other 146. For being behind by 24 Chrons it caught up quickly.

Edit: Which of course makes me think there has not been a change. But only way to know about it for myself is to start keeping a record.

But I have never bothered keeping track for more then a momentary count.
    Since now I am always running 8 hours and immediately returning after dilemma on both accounts. I thought it currently was an opportunity to start keeping track of the voyage drops and the dilemmas and their drops.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want the voyage chron rewards to be increased. That will make galaxy and skirmish events harder.

I’ve seen no difference in the quantities earned from voyages lately. Sometimes at 8hr I might have 300, other times I’ll have 600.

There are no more ‘multi drops’ for dilemma choices now. Where as before you could sometimes win 2x or 3x the rewards (including chron), now we cant.

Those monsters!!!!! Closing an EXPLOIT people were using to CHEAT
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want the voyage chron rewards to be increased. That will make galaxy and skirmish events harder.

I’ve seen no difference in the quantities earned from voyages lately. Sometimes at 8hr I might have 300, other times I’ll have 600.

There are no more ‘multi drops’ for dilemma choices now. Where as before you could sometimes win 2x or 3x the rewards (including chron), now we cant.

I was just trying to point something out, in a neutral way, that maybe some people had forgotten about.

What I feel about multi-tapping dilemmas is a separate topic so please back off, the sarcasm isn’t warranted.

I was just trying to point something out, in a neutral way, that maybe some people had forgotten about.

What I feel about multi-tapping dilemmas is a separate topic so please back off, the sarcasm isn’t warranted.

Sorry. Maybe check the batteries? Your detector is having problems distinguishing between sarcasm and jokes.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I'd just settle for a balance of voyages ... it's Feast or Famine atm...
    Last Voyage returned with 300+ Chronies after six hours. Seem to be hitting right around there.
  • I do decently with Chrons on Voyages, but some yield more than others tho. I get all mine from here. Gotta stock up now for this week's event B)B)B)
    edited March 2019
    Current Voyage:

Two Hour Dilemma: Cracks in the Wall> 30/30/2* {Damar}. 51 Chronies Currently
    Four Hour Dilemma: What Smiles May Hide> 30/30/2* {Commander Riker} 161 Chronies Currently
    Six Hour Dilemma: Retrofit >30/302* {Damar}. 239 Chronies and Recalling.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Monday evening I had zero Chrons.

6.5 Days later I'm up to 7000. Chrons are very easy to accumulate.

Admittedly, I don't have much crew to level. I could power level my 1/5's or 3/4's (about 9 crew in total) but it wouldn't even put a dent in my trainers, inventory or rations. It would hurt my credits which are better spent on 90k pulls for trivial amounts of honour.

What the game really needs is a 3rd outlet for resources. Events or crew leveling isn't enough. Before Starbases, Voyages and the Gauntlet, resource management was something that took some thought. Now you can easily brute force your way through anything.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    edited March 2019
    New Voyage:

Two Hour Dilemma: Champion of the People Part One> 30/30/2* {Haron} 54 Chronies
    Four Hour Dilemma: A Life Alone Part One > 30/30/2* {Prisoner Burnham} 172 Chronies
    Six Hour Dilemma: Cracks in the Wall >30/30/2* {Nurse Kes} 290 Chronies/1035 Anti-Matter

Recall Time: 6:50
    Left Over Anti-Matter: 52
    Chronies: 290
    Honour: 90
    4* Crew: Zero
    3* Crew: Three
    2* Crew: Three
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current Voyage:

Four Hour Dilemma: What Smiles May Hide> 30/30/2* {Commander Riker} 161 Chronies Currently

If this is how you manage your voyages, I think I see the problem. From 0-2 hours, chrons rewards are only 3 per. From 2-6 hours, chron rewards are 8 per. From 6 and beyond, chron rewards are 15 per. If you recall at the 6 hour dilemma you are really hurting your chroniton earning potential. Letting it go from 6:00 - even 6:40 will greatly increase your yields.
    Current Voyage:

If this is how you manage your voyages, I think I see the problem. From 0-2 hours, chrons rewards are only 3 per. From 2-6 hours, chron rewards are 8 per. From 6 and beyond, chron rewards are 15 per. If you recall at the 6 hour dilemma you are really hurting your chroniton earning potential. Letting it go from 6:00 - even 6:40 will greatly increase your yields.

Go as far as I can. I don't have all the latest geewhiz crew Immortalized yet......
    edited March 2019
    Current Voyage:

Go as far as I can. I don't have all the latest geewhiz crew Immortalized yet......

Was merely trying to help, the way you worded it it sounded like you were recalling directly after the 6 hour dilemma intentionally.
    edited March 2019
    Current Voyage:

Was merely trying to help, the way you worded it it sounded like you were recalling directly after the 6 hour dilemma intentionally.

My bad. I meant was recalling between the six hour dilemma and the next one because AM was fading. Some go around seven hours.
  • Apagg wrote: »
    Why is it insulting?

I don't think you'll have much luck with this request as voyage chrons were deliberately nerfed a while ago.

And that’s still a sore spot for me.

• I was not happy when the chrons in voyages got reduced in place of other items increase. However, this is a completely free play, something for nothing part of the game. We didnt even used to have voyages. There have been alot more 4* drops lately, which veteran players dont need and get converted to honor, but new players are benefitted greatly. No one forces you to spend di, and if you dont wish to you just recall then start another. All for FREE.
    So lets complain about things like errors, glitches and ask for reasonable things like increasing 5* drop rates in portal when actually spending Di. Or reducing event and weekly pack costs.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been thinking on this a bit more though, and although yes there was a time when voyages wasn’t even in the game there was far less crew to level. The point is the game evolves and there is also an increasing number of top end gold and purple crew to collect, not to mention a recent little blitz of new blue and green cards this expands the chroniton requirement/expenditure to level crew as well as raising the threshold for galaxies and hybrids does.

Sure we don’t have to collect every card but then when we talk about having a deep crew to compete well in events. This obviously makes it harder for young blood to rejuvenate the game and catch up in general I do question therefore whether a chroniton increase is not an entirely invalid suggestion.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    edited March 2019
    I'll admit, for a few months even getting to the 2 hour dilemma seemed impossible, and before too long I started to improve, do better in events, and was soon able to hit the 6 hour dilemma somewhat regularly (hint to new folks: focus on crew with medicine if you want to consistently get longer voyages). At this point my current record is 8:06, but usually I fall somewhere around 7:15.

I also have a very detailed chroniton farming system I created (other people probably do similar stuff but I just wanted some credit for coming up with it on my own :p ) and taught to my fleet, so voyages are far from my only source of chronitons, but even with that, it is a pretty significant percentage of my weekly haul.

You have to remember though that while a growing number of people on this forum seem to hold it against TP/DB, they are running a business, and they need money to keep the lights on, employees paid, etc. In short, while some are able to be F2P, some of us need to pay money or else the game stops, and IMO voyages are one of the ways we are incentivized to pay money to the company...

...I extend voyages all the time, and at least once a week I'll extend one out to 20+ hours just for fun, the lolz, & the chrons. It is my current favorite thing to drop my dilithium on, as long voyages are just fun, and really not that expensive to extend, at least for the first handful.

Bottom line: chroniton yields are terrible until AFTER the 6 hour dilemma, at which point if RNGesus is not actively against you, the yields are quite good/fair. The way to get there consistently and have it be beneficial is to extend a voyage at least once, so that is my advice to people reading this. Extend your voyages.

If you are not willing to extend your voyages, I don't know what to tell you. If you are F2P, I'm sure you have your own strategies for farming chrons and if you do have dilithium, use it. Give the company a few bucks, keep the game going, and they'll give you lots of chrons, super rares, replicator rations, dozens of useful 2* items, gold trainers, etc.
    Maybe a good "compromise" might be just adjusting the longer Voyages a smidge.

After eight hour Dilemma, increase the dropfrom 15 to 20 Chronies.
    After the twelve hour Dilemma, increase to 25 Chronies.

Might encourage some people to pay Dilithium to go another Dilemma, if they know are getting better Chronie drops. Which would also encourage Dilithim ubeing bought.
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    In short, while some are able to be F2P, some of us need to pay money or else the game stops, and IMO voyages are one of the ways we are incentivized to pay money to the company...

Voyage used to incentivize me to spend money/dilithium, but when they made it so that you had to use voyage tokens before you could use dilithium, I stopped reviving lost voyages. I actually just started paying closer attention and not letting them fail as often because I knew I wasn't going to revive them. If DB changes things to that you can use dilithium to revive a voyage once again, I might actually renew my monthly card. At this point in my game, I have more than enough chrons and honor without extending further than my crew can reach naturally.
  • Here is one of my extended voyages - Just did a 33hr - 10x4s, 5x3s, 10x2, 173k credits, 2350 chrons, 900 honor. One was a Jannar

Previously I did many long voyages especially when I was building my 4's. I would have completed over 12. 30+ voyages, as soon as I collected enough dil - away I went again.