Home The Bridge

DB, let us earn more chronitons in voyages

It’s downright insulting to have a 9 hour voyage and only have 300 chronitons to show for it. Up the odds of getting them in rewards, or increase the amount you get from dilemmas please.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you do not want more chrons but even amounts of chrons. Some 9 hrs will get 600 chrons. Part of the problem is what kind of dilemma you get. Most drop 30, some drop 100.
    Let’s fly!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that we can do at least one 8 hour voyage a day, means the necessity for more Chrons is not really there.

This also would compete with DB's selling of Chrons. which it already is doing.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Should’ve been around before Voyages. Try amassing chrons without it

This I have 5000+ Chronies right now plus ~700 in the mail to be claimed. Most I have ever had, outside of buying five of the Chronie Packs for a Galaxy I really wanted to go deep in. Before Voyages, I had trouble getting over 500 built up without buying........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages are free (other than time), so RNG is just part of the deal. It can be annoying, but I always hold out hope that the next one will balance it out.
  • I think you do not want more chrons but even amounts of chrons. Some 9 hrs will get 600 chrons. Part of the problem is what kind of dilemma you get. Most drop 30, some drop 100.

The highest amount is 75, correct?

uclapeterg wrote: »
    I think you do not want more chrons but even amounts of chrons. Some 9 hrs will get 600 chrons. Part of the problem is what kind of dilemma you get. Most drop 30, some drop 100.

I think it goes 30/60/75. But might be 30/60/100? The other big problem is being addressed in a way in the other thread. The one with a poll. It's kind of stupid to get a 30/30/2* Dilemma at six hours or higher.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it is, many confuse it with the 100 honor that pops up, along with the 75 chrons.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

• Yes it is, many confuse it with the 100 honor that pops up, along with the 75 chrons.

That was exactly my point :) I wish we all got the 100honor/75 chrons/4* on any dilemma after 6h but noooooo. ;)

Yes it is, many confuse it with the 100 honor that pops up, along with the 75 chrons.

That was exactly my point :) I wish we all got the 100honor/75 chrons/4* on any dilemma after 6h but noooooo. ;)

This.

Two hors should be the 30/30/2*

Four hours should the 60/60/2*-3*

Six hours on should be 100/75/3*-4*

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Apparently I am in the minority, but I think voyage chroniton yields are just fine.

Fine with me too. I earn more chrons that I can use. Increasing chrons would just inflate galaxy scores even more.
    Apparently I am in the minority, but I think voyage chroniton yields are just fine.

I think it is a good balance. It seems Voyages have "themes". Is this a thing? I usuall get like more Chronies, or more Trainers, or more Replicator Rations.

Like I have gotten 50+ 3* Replicator Rations and 75+ 2* Replicator Rations in a Voyage, but much lower Chronies.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. I haven't ran out of chrons in months. I typically float between 10k and 20k.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing chroniton yield will mean everyone gets more and that will make Galaxy and Skimish events even more time intensive. Happy to see them stay as is.
  • I play hard on most Galaxy and Galaxy hybrid events, and power level event chars. I currently have over 15,000 chrons after being as low as 2,000 after the Temporal Trespassers event in January.

Chronitons were in chronic short supply before the advent of voyages. Now I feel that so long as you're running voyages constantly, you will obtain an adequate amount to allow you to play and compete.

These days, the only unit I usually run out of is Dilithium, and even that currently stands at over 2,000 crystals due to there not being anything I've wanted to spend it on recently.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I appreciate the more senior players don’t need the chrons but I’m still in the bottle neck category I know it is a time in the game much like the gold trainers v honor purchasing of old I don’t have a problem with voyage chrons, except for those real stingy ones, I’d prefer it if they were more consistent on every voyage.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Even Seasoned players need Chrons. but I agree with Bylo, Voyages give enough Chrons.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Maybe DB needs to have a minimum number for both crew and Chrons.

For Chrons. they should make sure when we reach the dilemma that we have received 5 rewards of Chron during that two hour segment or they can make sure the totals are at a certain minimum at each dilemma.

For crew, my suggestion would be to make sure at the 8 hour dilemma after the dilemma that we have a superrare crew if not pull one at random from the portal and award them.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been a conspicuous drop-off in the average number of chronitons in my Voyages for about a month or so now. I used to consistently pull 300-350 from a 6:00 run, and now I'm having 8:00 runs that end in the 290's. Is it a grave injustice? Nah. But it has been irksome, especially as I've been trying to replenish a chroniton stockpile after burning through several thousand of them chasing Chancellor L'Rell a month ago.

(I'd be less irked if I could ever finally get "Champion of the People, Part 3" to show up.)
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Ya, since someone mentioned they thought DB reduced the Chrons in voyages. This is the second time I noticed (this by no means was watched. I only looked at it three times) had 6 Chrons. in the first two hours.
    I hope it is just RNG. But if just RNG it would be nice if towards the end of a two hour segment if we have had less than 5 drops of Chron. That DB would make sure with the last 5 drops before the dilemma the missing drops happen to make 5 drops of chron. for every two hour segment.

Edit: I guess since I have two accounts and run 8 hour voyages (recall right after 8 hour dilemma) . I should keep track of the Chrons I received by dilemmas and for all of my voyages.
    Just recalled at six hours seven minutes. 308 Chronies for an average of around 50/hour.

The extra seven minutes after the Dilemma was waiting for 15 to drop to get me over 300.......
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want the voyage chron rewards to be increased. That will make galaxy and skirmish events harder.

I’ve seen no difference in the quantities earned from voyages lately. Sometimes at 8hr I might have 300, other times I’ll have 600.

There are no more ‘multi drops’ for dilemma choices now. Where as before you could sometimes win 2x or 3x the rewards (including chron), now we cant.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed fewer chrons in my voyages in the last couple weeks. I can understand why DB would do this because if people get too many chrons from voyages DB cannot sell chronitons.
    Let’s fly!