Home The Bridge

Proposed Alternate Future Collection

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
It occurred to me that we have enough crew for an Alternate Future collection What do you think? And what reward would you like for completing the collection? How about a 4* and 5* alt-future crew? There are a lot more options between All Good Things, The Visitor, Timeless, Endgame, Twilight, E^2, and others.

2*
Gaia Odo

4*
Irumodic Syndrome Picard
Bestselling Author Jake Sisko
Rogue Harry Kim
Commander Barclay
Liaison Torres

5*
Admiral Riker
Captain La Forge
Governor Worf
Captain Beverly Picard
Alternate Future Jadzia Dax
Alternate Future Bashir
Captain Nog
Alternate Future T'Pol
Captain Lorian

Edited to include Liaison Torres and tweaked subject name.

Comments

• I think that’s a great idea for a collection. Nice mix of rarities and characters. Liaison Torres would belong too.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good idea for a collection.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought is that people should be mindful with their discussion titles, so it's clear they're discussing a hypothetical collection rather than an actual new addition. :p
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    My first thought is that people should be mindful with their discussion titles, so it's clear they're discussing a hypothetical collection rather than an actual new addition. :p

Agreed. I was pretty let down when I entered this thread.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that’s a great idea for a collection. Nice mix of rarities and characters. Liaison Torres would belong too.

Good catch, and a 5th 4* helps round out the collection a bit too.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea! And a great excuse to add...
    e5y82jnkd9xa.jpeg

Reward like Lucy and the Holograms?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Great idea! And a great excuse to add...
    e5y82jnkd9xa.jpeg

Reward like Lucy and the Holograms?

I could live with that, but I still hope she will be the ranked 5* in some event :smiley:
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down. I'd be content if it was confined to "All Good Things...", "The Visitor", and "Endgame", too. They aren't from a static period in the future so they don't coexist (and likely don't exist at all as seen, if for no other reason than Jadzia was deceased before "The Visitor"), but I always dug the idea of those three drawing on the same shared future. But a wider catch-all Alternate Future Collection would be perfectly fine by me, too.

I'd love it if the Starfleet uniform design from that future was reused in the forthcoming Picard series. I get that they'd have to tweak it and make it more elaborate (because apparently, we're incapable of accepting costumes that aren't comprised of a thousand small parts), but the basic design is solid and I dig it.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love it if the Starfleet uniform design from that future was reused in the forthcoming Picard series. I get that they'd have to tweak it and make it more elaborate (because apparently, we're incapable of accepting costumes that aren't comprised of a thousand small parts), but the basic design is solid and I dig it.

I agree with you 100%, but you know there's one thing Trek has never been able to leave alone, and that's uniforms.

There's another point, and that's the current fashion where if a sci-fi is to be considered good, it must be considered to be "dark". Strangely this seems to require turning down the lights and putting on dark coloured clothes and making it literally dark. This is used in DS9 and Disc, but can be seen in the large majority of new sci-fi popping out of the woodwork for the last decade (Orville being a very welcome exception).
    I promise the uniforms will be either navy blue, black or grey in the new Picard series, no chance of bright primary colours sadly.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else hoping that the trip to that other Unverse comes in Season One of Picard?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's a taste thing but personally I'd hope not, I never really got on with those uniforms. I think it's that they don't look really functional to me - like they've got this high waist that'd be a pain to get in and out of, there's this front panel that doesn't appear to be able to open... I dunno. I'm not a clothes designer but they don't feel 'real' to me, I read them as costumes. (Not dissimilar to the TNG ones I guess, but I guess I'm accustomed to those, and also them being so sleek feels more like an expression of future-utility in itself, 'hey we're so high-tech our clothes are perfectly sleek'. Kinda works.) I like the colourful Pikeprise uniforms on Disco as a modern design, so I'm not anti-colour.

I do think it's be pretty cool if they carry over a couple of design elements from those uniforms though - repackage them in a more functional style, but still a couple of nods to the idea that this isn't the same future we saw in those episodes (because it's not, Voyager got him and the D didn't get its third nacelle and all that) but those glimpses of the future weren't totally off-track, I'd like that.
  • Great idea! And a great excuse to add...
    e5y82jnkd9xa.jpeg

Oh beat me to it ... i'd pay good money for that one :D She's getting immortalized anyway possible