Home The Bridge

No redeeming qualities

2»

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    For hitting the threshold rewards, this event shows that faction events earn the least VP. So therefore, they should have the VP earned increased by 50%. Byloband's 361,000 would have been 541,500.

His Ranking would not have changed. But, he would have hit 400k threshold either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

The problem with increasing Faction VP by 50% for every shuttle is that Faction events seem to be more pay-to-win than any other. It's a doddle to get a load of shuttles returned quickly by spending dilithium, or to buy a load of shuttle boosts and keep sending out 5-8 shuttles. Doubling shuttle VP might make it easier to get the crusty old Legendary, but it'll make it a heck of a lot tougher for low/non-spenders to get the shiny new Legendary.

(Edit: changed "It" to "Doubling shuttle VP" to make it easier to read.)

I have to agree with you.

And accordingly, I reduced my use of time reducers as my way of protesting.
    But I still used 12 per an account. Then, on top of it I woke up every night and got one more set of shuttles off. I used those time reducers on Thursday. If I knew I was going to wake up in the middle of the night, I could have not used any boosts except stat boosts, which I have plenty of.

I did hit the 400k threshold. I was rank 439 in my main account and rank 679 in my second account. If I had not used time reducers, I may still have needed one set in my second for 400k not sure anymore. But my main probably still would have ended up with mirror Landry. If not, did not matter to me.

Edit: The time boosts at most led to two extra set of shuttles. If I knew I would have been waking up at night I could have only used stat boosts.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    bluetib wrote: »
    kapu wrote: »
    bluetib wrote: »
    as I've never sprung for that fourth shuttle.
    there's no chance in hell you're gonna do well in factions with just 3 shuttles... the extra shuttles were the first thing I spent my (reward) dill on...

I'm well aware of that fact. I've known that for a long time and I simply refuse to spend that much DIL on a fourth shuttle. It's my choice and I know the consequences.

I think you’ll find the sympathy level here very low as a result...2000 dilithium sounds like a lot but is less than what you get from a monthly card. It’s less than what you would get from immortalizing your first 150 crew (or any group of 75 crew after the first 125). You can buy three premium or event 10-packs and have a little left over for that much dil, which might yield one or two stars for a needed crew but will likely get you 2500-3000 honor and some useless ship schematics.

As far as value goes, it’s one of the best things you can buy in the entire game. Unless you are drastically limited on crew, the fourth shuttle slot means a 33% increase on accumulation of faction-only items and VP accumulation in pure Faction events or Faction phases of hybrid events. Even if you are drastically limited on useful crew, extra shuttles at a bad success rate will still give you more stuff and more VP than having nothing at all. The only better value item I can think of is the third shuttle slot, to be quite honest.

Just to add by not buying the 4th shuttle you lost a lot of progress such as faction rating taking longer, extra trickle trainers, bonus chrons for doing winning faction missions after the event, general farming etc. meaning you’ve probably spent more on gold trainers or just lost out in general more honor, which could have been contributing to gold citations sooner. For me it was clear right from the start that the 3rd and 4th shuttles were a necessity really. It also made the shuttle dailies a heck of a lot easier.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I remember buying my 4th with a Dilithium sale and some saved up dilithium. Events aside, resource collection is much more profitable and enjoyable with the extra shuttle just like everyone else is saying.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my fourth shuttle has been worth it but this is a game and people can play however they want. I suppose someone could buy no extra shuttles and just play galaxy and skirmish events too if they wanted to. Ultimately it is meant to be fun. There is no more goal than entertainment. Whatever is entertaining to you is the way to go.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just decided to see where 1/5 Mirror Landry ranks in my crew. Unforgivably low. SEC/CMD is below 3/4 Robin Hood. A card that came out before I began playing, almost a year ago. M. Landry is also a touch behind FFFE S31 Georgiou. Considering CMD is a tertiary skill for Georgiou, that's... bad.

l9la6o2lhcsx.png

This all would be forgivable if there was something else. But... event potential is all there is. With those stats, we'll need a Mirror mega and a Discovery mega to get much mileage at all. Considering we just had the Discovery mega... outlook is not promising?
    Farewell 🖖
  • This all would be forgivable if there was something else. But... event potential is all there is. With those stats, we'll need a Mirror mega and a Discovery mega to get much mileage at all. Considering we just had the Discovery mega... outlook is not promising?

DB has been running both those event types very regularly, especially Disco, so I would wager the wait won't be particularly long.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just decided to see where 1/5 Mirror Landry ranks in my crew. Unforgivably low. SEC/CMD is below 3/4 Robin Hood. A card that came out before I began playing, almost a year ago. M. Landry is also a touch behind FFFE S31 Georgiou. Considering CMD is a tertiary skill for Georgiou, that's... bad.

l9la6o2lhcsx.png

This all would be forgivable if there was something else. But... event potential is all there is. With those stats, we'll need a Mirror mega and a Discovery mega to get much mileage at all. Considering we just had the Discovery mega... outlook is not promising?

Pulaski kicks Tory's seat cushion, looking at this week and next week........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we will get another all Discovery crew event as there must be almost 50 of them by now. Everyone should have at least 15-20 useful crew for that.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I don't think we will get another all Discovery crew event as there must be almost 50 of them by now. Everyone should have at least 15-20 useful crew for that.

There are indeed a lot. They may want to narrow it a little. But it's been a tradition. I hope they don't abandon it. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

There are indeed a lot. They may want to narrow it a little. But it's been a tradition. I hope they don't abandon it. :)

Especially when we could be days away from
    ginormous pulsing heads
    !!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."