Home Engineering Room

Server bogged down

Everything is so slow in loading. It is very frustrating when trying to train a crew member and it takes 20-30 seconds to load one trainer.

Comments

• Also experiencing slowness right now!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I can't log in... freezes on startup when it says "Communicating with Starfleet"
  • Very slow, and pages not building entirely.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Good to hear it’s not just me. I got a server pop up as well. Wish I would have screen shot it.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, seeing the same. Big delays in doing anything. Fleet chat extremely lagged.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • @Shan !
  • Halbig wrote: »
    I second that exclamation
  • Aaand it seems to be better for me now... lol
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Halbig wrote: »
    Aaand it seems to be better for me now... lol

Same here.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    When asked “is the game down for you?” in a random STT Line group, 100% of awake participants (3) responded “yes”.

We then started playing word/letter based puzzler games instead. If DB want to know why the profits are down significantly, this is why. ;):p
  • Everything is laggy or blank.
    Maybe we can work on these tue “update” glitches instead of changing traits and names.
    Almost every tuesday “update” comes with two hours of glitches and malfunctions since the game began. Complete outages have improved but 3 years of every tue ???
    Time might be better spent on programming than changing existing crew.
    And absolutely profits drop everytime the game does this bcuz u loose players who are just fed up.
    Well, I didn’t mean to suggest earlier we quit over yesterday’s outages if that’s how it came across. Though we did joke in chat about ditching STT and starting a Scrabble clan ;-) Mostly meant tongue in cheek.

With today’s lagging/downtime though, it would be nice to maybe receive an apology or at least an acknowledgement. Little issues like this do add up and slowly drive people away.
  • Pretty sure my voyage failed by now :(
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an update on this.
    We experienced scaling issues both last night and earlier today.
    We have identified the cause, put in place solutions and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
    Thank you Shan, the update is appreciated!
  • Still cant get in from Europe, neither Android or Steam
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still cant get in from Europe, neither Android or Steam

That is likely unrelated, what message are you seeing?
  • JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was slow last night... Recalled a voyage slightly early to be safe...
  • Very slow again. 2 min and counting for login. Seems to happen right after the push notification.
  • same problem, in eu.
    stuck at login, communicating with starfleet.
  • edited March 2019
    There was no error message just stuck at activating combadge 5-10 minutes then i killed the app and tried again, got in since then but the game has been extremely laggy the last couple days. Just now took me 16 minutes to just open the shuttle missions at least ten times slower then normal for me. So its very hard to compete like this
  • Here also. If this isn';t solved quickly I'll miss my dailies as well.
  • Yep, takes forever to log in. When you get in, everything is delayed. Both Android and Steam. Also had one hard crash. Can't compete in event.
  • Can't log in on android
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no particular issue on our end, I am sorry that you are experiencing bad performances and I hope it will clear up for you soon.
  • edited March 2019
    This has been happening to me all week. After 6 pm local time (the time events always start), login and everything in game is slowed to a 10 min wait. After a few hours (dont know how long as i dont check every 5 min) it is working again. Login is fast, and i can actually play the game again. Until 6 pm and it's the same issue again.

Now i understand that this is not an issue on DB's end, but i lot of people in my fleet have the same problem. if someone could help me figure out what the problem is, i would be most grateful.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHAKA wrote: »
    Yep, takes forever to log in. When you get in, everything is delayed. Both Android and Steam. Also had one hard crash. Can't compete in event.

There was a problem communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Blank screen, even after a refresh...game will not load at all. Is it down? My gauntlet is ending soon and would like to finish it there, not waiting for it to load
  • I haven't been able to get in since before the event started.

I just get a blank error box on the loading screen.
  • This has been happening to me all week. After 6 pm local time (the time events always start), login and everything in game is slowed to a 10 min wait. After a few hours (dont know how long as i dont check every 5 min) it is working again. Login is fast, and i can actually play the game again. Until 6 pm and it's the same issue again.

Now i understand that this is not an issue on DB's end, but i lot of people in my fleet have the same problem. if someone could help me figure out what the problem is, i would be most grateful.

This is exactly how it goes for me.
    I am curious if this is occurring only in a single country, Netherlands here.