Home Engineering Room

Server bogged down

2»

Comments

• edited March 2019
    As soon as the new 7.1.0 version was pushed on facebook these problems began, when it rolled out to droid and steam it got worse. Wont be surprised if the IOs version was delayed because Apple users are guaranteed a certain (working) experience. Since waking up today i havent had any lag issues so hopefully its resolved
    EDIT: Apparently it appears this issue is/was concentrating in the Netherlands, maybe the AMS-IX is experiencing issues since it recently broke the 6TBit/second barrier maybe the have capacity problems; doubtfull though
  • This has been happening to me all week. After 6 pm local time (the time events always start), login and everything in game is slowed to a 10 min wait. After a few hours (dont know how long as i dont check every 5 min) it is working again. Login is fast, and i can actually play the game again. Until 6 pm and it's the same issue again.

Now i understand that this is not an issue on DB's end, but i lot of people in my fleet have the same problem. if someone could help me figure out what the problem is, i would be most grateful.

Different day, same problem. Usually takes 4 hours to be running smooth again.

Really hope this is fixed before an event with a new DS9 crewmember. Because those are the only ones i go all out for.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not have issues on our end, if you were playing via Steam however there was an outage last night.

I know it is frustrating but not being able to log in, or experiencing bad performances is not always linked to our servers.
  • Shan wrote: »
    We do not have issues on our end, if you were playing via Steam however there was an outage last night.

I know it is frustrating but not being able to log in, or experiencing bad performances is not always linked to our servers.

Nope. Android and IOS.

Also i understand that is not an issue on DB's end. I was asking in general for help determining what may be the problem.

There are a lot of tech savvy people on this forum.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Shan wrote: »

Nope. Android and IOS.

Also i understand that is not an issue on DB's end. I was asking in general for help determining what may be the problem.

There are a lot of tech savvy people on this forum.

Without wanting to stir up old arguements, it has been known for there to be localised network performance issues before. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of redundancy, through mirrored servers outside of the US, or alternate internet links to break out of their data centre location.

Translated - if there’s connectivity issues somewhere don’t count on there being any sort of backup route. You gotta just see it through.
  • Using a VPN seems to fix the problem.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting nothing but a white screen right now. Won't even start to load.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I'm getting nothing but a white screen right now. Won't even start to load.....

If you are playing via facebook then I am not surprised as facebook is down at the moment and if you are not playing via facebook then please ignore this message
  • 8i4n6oc4wyiv.png
    @Shan this is what you see when logging in via fb at the moment on desktop, also mobile version does not start up
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    8i4n6oc4wyiv.png
    @Shan this is what you see when logging in via fb at the moment on desktop, also mobile version does not start up

I know, this is a facebook outage, I do not have more information at this time as they have not shared any that I could find.
  • Im seeing the same error message and screen on fb and gamesroom app too. Unable to access the game on any level:(
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Gamesroom doesn't work no matter where you are (I'm in South America, facebook is working here, and I have no problems on the mobile app)
  • Shan wrote: »
    8i4n6oc4wyiv.png

I know, this is a facebook outage, I do not have more information at this time as they have not shared any that I could find.

Thanks, but please understand that this is annoying and has an impact on many players. Be so kind and update when it is working again.
    Henning
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    For updates on how the Facebook outage is progressing you can check this page: https://developers.facebook.com/status/dashboard/
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The page however is also sometimes broken, here is the latest update:
    1hzzsxh0ddr2.png