Home The Bridge

I want my merits back (kazon seska trait removal)

AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
Dear db,

Please refrain from cleaning up character traits just before events where said traits are relevant. Example: kazon seska just lost her bajoran trait just after I took her out of the freezer. This is kot the first time this happens.

You can also relieve some of my emotional distress here by sending out a global 100 merits. Kthanksbye :-)

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed a very unlucky move from DB.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they at least add bajoran to pah wraith keiko
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Did they at least add bajoran to pah wraith keiko

Yeah she's missing a lot of traits. What about "undercover operative" since that's what she was for most of the episode.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 merits is chump change IMO
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unfroze two Seska’s.
  • Why didn't they remove it after the event? She would probably have been useful for the faction part, given that there aren't many Bajorans with ENG (at least not among the character versions that I have).
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost out there, too.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, 100 merits wasted. Or it might have been 150, since I've been defrosting 2 crew/day. Why now??
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't they remove it after the event? She would probably have been useful for the faction part, given that there aren't many Bajorans with ENG (at least not among the character versions that I have).

Very true. Grand Nagus Rom, Niners Rom, and Solar Sails Sisko are I think the only three crew at 3* and above with ENG and the Bajoran trait. Technician Rom and Ensign Seska are the only others I can think of.

If this event ends up being as ENG-heavy as that one week in the Vulcan/Romulan mega, I will cheerily lord my Grand Nagus Rom over all who have decried him as a “bad” crew to have. :smiley:
  • GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Oops, should have replied to this thread, before I created my own.

Yeah, removing an event crew from the event 2 days before the event is just not kosher.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still saw her as Bajoran earlier today. Seeing this message I looked again and it is gone.

I guess my sever update was sometime today?
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I had her at level 50ish last week and I levelled her up instead of other characters because of this event. I had her at 4/4 so it would have happened anyway but the change should have happened next Tuesday because players start planning once the event info is released.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »
    Oops, should have replied to this thread, before I created my own.

Yeah, removing an event crew from the event 2 days before the event is just not kosher.

Hey Galdran, I'm the guy you are talking about in the other thread. Someone throw me that triple face palm please. 🤗
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly mind the 100 merits.
    But as said above, I lost the second best Engineer seat in my crew for this event round. There was a long way to third place, and its non-bonus crew.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance changes are OK, but every other game I play notifies players well in advance of their happening. With this one, we're lucky if we know the day before.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another instance of DB "fixing something that ain't broke".....Wait, I could be wrong, I am sure there were at least 1,000 comments from people begging for Bajoran trait to be removed from Kaizon Seska. Silly me...I can now see where this is very important for game play. :neutral:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't miss the 100 merits, but it's the principle. Giving us 100 merits would be a good admission that they made a minor timing* error. And more importly, a second chance for players to re-freeze her in case they did not parse the original message for this little gem.

DB, would you kindly make this token gesture?

100 Merits would not break DB, but WOULD be priceless customer service and customer contentment........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my merits back after creating a ticket. No issues.
  • Another instance of DB "fixing something that ain't broke".....Wait, I could be wrong, I am sure there were at least 1,000 comments from people begging for Bajoran trait to be removed from Kaizon Seska. Silly me...I can now see where this is very important for game play. :neutral:

Great sarcasm! I loved it :)
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually look down on an organization which would refund something so trivial.

Player A sees an opportunity and unfreezes an asset.
    Oh no that asset is not as valuable as one first considered.
    Lessson learned.
    Game on.

Guess what player A (which I am) the dice dont always roll your way.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    I would imagine the Obsidian Order would have altered Seska at the genetic level to Bajoran, or at least masked her life signs to defeat basic medical scans. Her "change" back to Cardassian after she left Voyager would have likely only been cosmetic given the Kazon's level of technology. She should definitely maintain her Bajoran trait.

That’s not true. In the episode she is uncovered, the Doctor scans her and discovers she’s not Bajoran, so only her appearance was changed.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I would imagine the Obsidian Order would have altered Seska at the genetic level to Bajoran, or at least masked her life signs to defeat basic medical scans. Her "change" back to Cardassian after she left Voyager would have likely only been cosmetic given the Kazon's level of technology. She should definitely maintain her Bajoran trait.

That’s not true. In the episode she is uncovered, the Doctor scans her and discovers she’s not Bajoran, so only her appearance was changed.

Amazing that that was the first time she ever got scanned. I guess Maquis hysicals and such are more "primitive".......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."