Home The Bridge

Crew Traits, Events, and Collections @DB

Given the frustration some players have expressed over the removal of Kazon Seska's Bajoran trait just before "Temporal Misalignment", it seems appropriate at this time to ask DB to more formally dedicate some time and effort to cleaning up traits. Something that should be helpful for such a project is the Trait Audit Thread that we players have curated.

It may well be that DB will disagree with some of the requests in that master list, and that's perfectly fine. We're not part of the design team. But it is well-constructed list that has been vetted by the forum members participating in it; you'll find Kazon Seska's Bajoran trait flagged for removal on that list, for instance.

This leads me to the second part of my plea to DB, which is to place a moratorium on removing a trait between the Key Information announcement thread and the end of the event the following Monday. Once a full audit of traits has been conducted, such incidents should become sparse. Until then, imposing such a moratorium on removing traits might serve as a mechanism to prompt the design team to pay closer attention to these things in the earlier stages of event development.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the Great Trait Audit of 2019 never happens, please don’t remove any traits in the week before a trait-based event. That is a guaranteed way to anger your paying customers.

Adding traits isn’t quite as bad but is not desirable because some players will feel cheated by the missed opportunity to level and/or buy citations for newly-added bonus crew.

On adding Traits. The most outstanding pending Trait addition is easily Blood Oath Jadzia Dax. The Klingons Trait was pending being added like a year ago, if I am remembering an @Shan post correctly!!!!!

On the OP's suggestion, definitely should be no Trait removal being announcement if an Event Traits and the end of that Event.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    And if a trait is added or remove make an announcement, you have a forum dedicated to announcements.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trait removal for Seska was indeed bad timing and I apologize. It is certainly something we will be more careful about in the future.

As for a trait audit, it is something we want to do, so hopefully we will make it happen and that forum thread will indeed be very useful. Thank you!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The trait removal for Seska was indeed bad timing and I apologize. It is certainly something we will be more careful about in the future.

As for a trait audit, it is something we want to do, so hopefully we will make it happen and that forum thread will indeed be very useful. Thank you!

@Shan, would you be kind enough to ask the design team to publicly commit to a moratorium on trait removal for crew members during the 10 days between the Key Information post and the conclusion of that event? Such a formal declaration would go a long way toward demonstrating that DB values accountability and consistency, which in turn would go a long way toward rebuilding some of the trust that has been eroded.

@Shan Am I remembering correctly that Blood Oath Jadzia is supposed to be getting the Klingon Trait? I thought you or Sunshine Riker said that a while back. It is way more justified for her to have it than some others that do. Not saying that the others shouldn't have it, just that it makes even more sense for her to have it.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Shan wrote: »

@Shan Am I remembering correctly that Blood Oath Jadzia is supposed to be getting the Klingon Trait? I thought you or Sunshine Riker said that a while back. It is way more justified for her to have it than some others that do. Not saying that the others shouldn't have it, just that it makes even more sense for her to have it.....

I do remember that announcement as well. It was “ in the works” several months ago.

I do remember that announcement as well. It was “ in the works” several months ago.

Thank you!!!

I mentioned it earlier today, and then I was like "What if you are remembering wrong, idjit?!?!?"