Home Make It So!
Options

Alleviate Behold Frustration from players

124»

Comments

• Options
    Seriously, 5* behold with no good choice has never happened to me! I have 2 profiles, 3 5* inmortalized in one of them and 2 on the other, it will be some time, maybe a whole year or two...
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simplest solution to avoid duplicates over time is to add Event crew to the premium portal after the pack is taken down on Tuesdays. The event pack you have a higher chance of getting that crew once they go into the portal it's a lottery if you get them
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    While I like the idea of a citation with beholds (as I stated previously), I think the idea coming to fruition is unlikely. As Astrometrics (formerly Centurion Matt?) has stated, and others know as well, DB isn’t going to give what essentially amounts to a guaranteed useful 1/5* or 1/4* character with every behold. Think about the economics of that idea. Behold packs earn money as players continue to buy them precisely because you do miss out on the characters you want to obtain. Hence, the purchasing of more packs. Younger players will continue to buy packs, and older players may buy packs now and then in hopes of those last few missing characters (not to mention all the dilithium or outright cash spent obtaining previous characters). But hey, if it ever did happen, I would love it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    JMJM ✭✭
    Are all the past legendary's in the regular drops? For example, I have been playing for about 9 months and I have never seen Lieutenant Wesley Crusher or Enabran Tain drop yet I have already had 5 instances of FF/FE legendary beholds where I usually see the same characters (frustrating but oh well) and I have a bunch of 1 star Legendary's who seem to drop much more rarely.
  • Options
    JM wrote: »
    Are all the past legendary's in the regular drops? For example, I have been playing for about 9 months and I have never seen Lieutenant Wesley Crusher or Enabran Tain drop yet I have already had 5 instances of FF/FE legendary beholds where I usually see the same characters (frustrating but oh well) and I have a bunch of 1 star Legendary's who seem to drop much more rarely.

No, not all past Legendaries have been added.

Usually time-limited crew (which includes both Event and Best-Chance-of characters) stay time-limited for around six months... give it or take. Usually DB unlocks them in big packages when they feel they have enough many of them.

Don't remember whether Wesley or Tain are still limited or not.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    I only had 20 golds immurrtalized when these two happened. Now it's 22, butt still only a little bit of the 150+ available. I find this really bad, there should be honor as extra choice just in case you don't either want any of them or can't use any of them anymore.

ogctreu6tdmy.png
    kuxe95asfkpp.png

you only had 20 and they happened to pick 6 that you already immortalized. You must be very lucky! go buy a lottery :smiley:
  • Options
    I have to agree with many of the older players here. It is getting extremely frustrating with the beholds. You buy a 15 pack for $50 and you end up with maybe 5-10 usable characters out of the whole thing. I have every 1,2 and 3 start immortal and about 40 four stars immortal and about 3 5 stars immortal. That being the case, the 10 packs are getting to be increasingly worthless. I realize there is a portion that is left to chance but doesn't take a Pakistani born computer expert to insert an algorithm to compensate for the issue. It's actually pretty simple. If they don't so something they are going to see more and more of their old players get fed up with the decreasing return on equity and flat out quit. While it may or may not stem the tide of new players, I have a feeling the majority of their paycheck comes from dumbasses like me that keep throwing money down an increasingly deep hole.

PS, No offense to Paki's, all the best programmers I work worth are from there so they must be doing something to water to make them borg level programmers.

• Options
    I realize there is a portion that is left to chance but doesn't take a Pakistani born computer expert to insert an algorithm to compensate for the issue. It's actually pretty simple.

It is extremely simple and DB knows it, of course.

What's standing in our way is very clearly not the programming challenge.

"Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    I haven't spent a lot on packs, but when I tried to get Mirror Crusher and Mirror Troi to drop durong their events, Nechayev showed up on 2 seperate beholds that dropped for me. Is there any player created data to show that the loot tables are weighted towards certain characters?
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't spent a lot on packs, but when I tried to get Mirror Crusher and Mirror Troi to drop durong their events, Nechayev showed up on 2 seperate beholds that dropped for me. Is there any player created data to show that the loot tables are weighted towards certain characters?

I found the same Behold would pop up regularly with 3 different crew say captain Sisko, regent Worf and Tempted Data more often and didn't seem like beholds are as random as you'd think.
  • Options
    It’s not a random numbers game. That would give you a chance. It’s a programmed numbers game with proxy distortions. No odds, just temptations...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @[BL] Q speaking of event crew making their way to regular portals ... the regular portals need an update ... sorely ... I mean it's been months since the last update and there should be one every month to include the crew from respectively four months ago, right?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    @[BL] Q speaking of event crew making their way to regular portals ... the regular portals need an update ... sorely ... I mean it's been months since the last update and there should be one every month to include the crew from respectively four months ago, right?

They should be updated once the event pack gets taken down and added into the pool to avoid FF beholds. Even at that the odds of pulling them in a diluted pool are slim
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    In addition to the many other threads on this topic. Here are some recent threads which lend further evidence to how the current exchange ratios are probably not accounting well enough for lost revenue and lost goodwill.

Acknowledging that DB has stated "We're not planning on any changes to Honor costs" , I think there is sufficient evidence for reevaluating the honor exchange rates in order to recoup both lost revenue and lost goodwill.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a free 4* citation is a lot to ask for, because a Behold is random and a citation you can use on the one you want. However, giving a moderate amount of Honor as 4th choice in a Behold would be a serious option in my opinion, let's say 2000 Honor (a 4* citation costs 18000 Honor).

Agreed. If you look in the Honor Hall, it’s clear that DB agrees with valuing a citation more than a behold.
  • Options
    Would you value a grab bag more than exactly what you want? A citation is exactly what you want, a behold is a grab bag.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, and I don't believe I would yet get a behold I can't use, though I have a half dozen or so that are 4* FF. Still, I think a choice for honor amounting to 1/5th or even 1/8th or 1/10th The value of a citation would quiet the outrage and frustration of so many into just mild annoyance.