Home The Bridge

New 5* in Vault - Human Torres

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
DIP/ENG

717w28wpmj7y.png

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I don't think I normally criticise cards, but this just seems the most uninteresting card, where's Delta Flyer Torres or Prisoner Torres (there's been a fair few instances she's been held captive). Or Warrior Torres
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Why exactly would a person split in two, have one of there halves "super rare" and the other half "legendary"... furthermore to this specific episode there wasn't anything legendary about human Torres other than she was scared to do anything

She's the half that survived, if that means anything. But yeah, everything about this seems incongruous.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Wasn't that epi a round about rip off of this epi..... :smiley:
    Who wouldn't want Evil Kirk and Good Kirk?

dd4bh441ddg1.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't that epi a round about rip off of this epi..... :smiley:
    Who wouldn't want Evil Kirk and Good Kirk?

dd4bh441ddg1.jpg

Given that Kirk is my favorite captain and Torres isn’t even my favorite person on Voyager with engineering skills, I would consider dropping an unseemly amount of dil for Kirk and nothing on today’s pack.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I’ll be sitting on my growing mound of dilithium for another week...
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this woulda been cool as a two-star Torres in an upcoming event.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing redeemable was mind blowing stats... which do not exist
    Hard pass
  • I’m down for a new Torres :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Missed opportunity of making her a 4* that combines with Klingon Torres.

Agreed, but after the Bynar "hiccup" I'm not sure they need to be going that route any time soon lol.

The bynar hiccup wasn't about the fusing possibility, which was cool I think, but their very underwhelming stats as a duo. Easy to fix in future fuses: make the fusée have decent stats
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Well she does make top 5 DIP Base but is only slightly better than my Chancellor L'Rell and not better than my Z Odo, pass for me.

As 2 skill crew go she's not bad but Etana Jol and Interfaced La Forge although not better are pretty similar and are decent alternatives for a combined DIP and ENG seat.

EDIT
    In fact Bridge officer No1 is the best alternative I could find and the next best is actually Stranded Quark but again these two don't quite win on overall point score.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Shouldn't these be discounted packs.
    Orion Vina, Human Torres and Away Team Michael Burnham.
    Stats are lacking.

Edit: Stand corrected on Away team Michael Burnham. Either looked at wrong crew or just completely misread proficiencies oh her. So I guess no discount needed.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    Stats are lacking.

Stats look fine to me.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Stats are lacking.

Stats look fine to me.
    You must need crew.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    Stats are lacking.

Stats look fine to me.
    You must need crew.

lol. i most certainly do not
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats are lacking.

Away team Burnham's stats are fine, she's good for Gauntlet, the others are quite lacking
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is our first new Jury Rigger in a good while.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that this was supposed to be a super rare card which combined would give a legendary Torres but after that last fiasco now we got a lame two skill legendary card.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    This is our first new Jury Rigger in a good while.

that might be true, but doesn't make it any easier to finish the collection since she is a 5*
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test pilot Archer also will be new Jury Rigger.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Stats are lacking.

Away team Burnham's stats are fine, she's good for Gauntlet, the others are quite lacking

I do not know how I missed it. Did search on forum, must have looked at wrong one. I did not see those proficiencies on her.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Stats are lacking.

I do not know how I missed it. Did search on forum, must have looked at wrong one. I did not see those proficiencies on her.

Yah she's the ONLY reason I was momentarily considering the pack, but with all purples frozen and 2 golds I don't want the risk is clearly too great
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Burnham is great for Gauntlet, and will get play in all future Disco events (and you know there's no shortage).

Torres, despite objections, is the new #5 top DIP base in the game. So, you can say stats are lacking all day, but she lacks only in not beating 4 other cards. Now, we tend to get to say the sentence "X is the new top 5 skill" every other week - so it is no longer special nor a surprise. Also noted that the card is only 2 skill and ENG is mid level at best. So the value of this card is hit or miss.

Vina has not aged well and is one of the weakest golds around. I grant you that.
  • Vina has not aged well and is one of the weakest golds around. I grant you that.

She is one of the worst. Don't take her ever.
  • Vina has not aged well and is one of the weakest golds around. I grant you that.

She is one of the worst. Don't take her ever.

Don't listen to them, Vina. I'll always love you.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    vi2svdmlyc2w.png
    Now you tell me. 😛
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    When saying Torres is good. You are saying she is worth using a gold citation on over other crew.

What use is a two skill crew?

Gauntlet: Minimal use.
    The most likely reason to pick a two stat crew in gauntlet is if one stat is outstanding with Crit chance. So if that one skill comes up you will beat almost all others with two.

Non event faction missions: No use. Edit: at easy difficulty nobody is a must.
    On faction missions the better you do the harder it gets. I have seen no benefit in items dropped or rewards. I am currently trying to fail to lower my difficulty.
    Edit: I forgot trainers . Someone who needs trainers may need higher difficulty drops of these.

Voyage: even less use than gauntlet.
    One case: If no plans to extend the voyage and the two favored skills match and you need more points in both. That is right, if getting more points in one of the skills is of no use, do not use that crew.
    Another case: Extending voyage. Now if the crew matches trait or has the highest total of the two favored skills or plain has the highest voyage point total and you really do not need any of the other skill points

Events: main reason to want the crew.
    A) They are event specific bonus crew.
    Edit: except skirmish you only need one specific.
    B) They are variant crew in a Faction event.
    C) They have good arena skills for skirmish
    D) minor reason, they would be your highest bonus variant in Galaxy.
    E) minor reason, may be of help in Expedition as a variant bonus crew.

Arena: Get real nobody is important.
    A few schematics is all we get as a reward.

Edit: long forgotten one.
    Away missions: another main reason.
    Two stat crew will clear a node your other crew cannot.

Edit2: decided I would add this just needed to figure how to word it.
    For collecting: Probably main reason for all. May regret in future.
    I want that version of said crew. Orion Vina probably falls here.
    For me though it was one stat Captain Scott. I regretted that choice until skirmish came along.

Back to this OP
    Keep in mind when trying to compare new legendary crew, most people will only have this crew 1/5. So deciding whether they are worth getting to cite is in comparison with other crew they may have, most importantly mega event legendary.