Home The Bridge

New 5* in Vault - Human Torres

2»

Comments

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back at the end of 2016, she was basically the best DIP card around, having finally bested Arachnia Janeway who held the distinction from launch.

Now she's not in the top 30.

DIP has been the victim of 'stat creep' more than any of the 6 skills by a landslide. I did the math the other day and don't have the numbers in front of me - but of the 6 main skills - CMD, SCI, ENG and SEC all had seen the "New Top Skill" card title change hands 15-19 times since launch - which is to say 15 to 19 times, someone was put up for sale as the "Best X Card" in the game.

MED? 5 times now thanks to this weeks Pulaski.

DIP? 32.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back at the end of 2016, she was basically the best DIP card around, having finally bested Arachnia Janeway who held the distinction from launch.

Now she's not in the top 30.

DIP has been the victim of 'stat creep' more than any of the 6 skills by a landslide. I did the math the other day and don't have the numbers in front of me - but of the 6 main skills - CMD, SCI, ENG and SEC all had seen the "New Top Skill" card title change hands 15-19 times since launch - which is to say 15 to 19 times, someone was put up for sale as the "Best X Card" in the game.

MED? 5 times now thanks to this weeks Pulaski.

DIP? 32.

Not that i disagree with the general theme of stat creep, but on med for example the fact mobile doc is now the 5/6th best med card doesn’t mean the title changed 5 times. I think the med top card just changed the one time when culber came out. The other cards just slotted in between the two but didn’t change the top card.

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should rephrase that - Whomever was the 'best' card for each stat at launch vs. today - that's the correct thing being measured.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Vina has not aged well and is one of the weakest golds around. I grant you that.

She is one of the worst. Don't take her ever.

Don't listen to them, Vina. I'll always love you.

👍 Before I got Vina, I didn't care what her stats were — just wanted her in my collection, whether she'd be useful or just warming the bench forever and never getting a chance to play in any of the big games.

Same with Elizabeth Dehner, same with Miranda Jones, same with OG Captain Pike. When those favorites happen to also be superstars (like Gary Seven), that's awesome. But since I feel like I'm so well-covered in almost every area, stats have moved down on the list for me when determining my interest in acquiring a new crew. If I love the character, it doesn't matter if their stats are worse than a cadet's — I'll be doing everything I can to add them to my roster. 🖖

And getting back on topic, I admit I'm feeling a distinct pull toward Human B'Elanna, since I adore Roxann Dawson... so I think I'll spend some of my (currently meager) dilithium reserves on a few packs, just to see if I can get lucky. Even if I do usually prefer my Torreses with head ridges. ;)

Wish you success on getting Human Torres.

Must add if I got a begold I could see myself picking Orion Vina.
    But, I would not buy packs chasing her. Same for Torres.
    Away team Micheal Burnham is a close one. But the odds really are not good enough to try. If I needed one of the superrares too, I probably would go for it.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I normally criticise cards, but this just seems the most uninteresting card, where's Delta Flyer Torres or Prisoner Torres (there's been a fair few instances she's been held captive). Or Warrior Torres

Or Muse Torres?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well she does make top 5 DIP Base but is only slightly better than my Chancellor L'Rell and not better than my Z Odo, pass for me.

As 2 skill crew go she's not bad but Etana Jol and Interfaced La Forge although not better are pretty similar and are decent alternatives for a combined DIP and ENG seat.

EDIT
    In fact Bridge officer No1 is the best alternative I could find and the next best is actually Stranded Quark but again these two don't quite win on overall point score.

Check on the 5th best DIP base.

She is the top DIP and ENG base, as far as I can tell. However, I believe there are exactly zero DIP and ENG seats in all of the daily shuttle missions, and DIP and ENG has only appeared in three faction events (four seats) since last summer. On top of that, as crew, Torres has only been featured in ~3% of all past events, pretty close to the lowest for main crew.

Two skill crew have to be redeemed by the usefulness of their bases or thoroughly exceptional gauntlet or arena quality. With almost irrelevant bases (standalone DIP excepted), negligible gauntlet value, marginal voyage value, and negligible ship skills, this would seem to be a pretty niche card to spend money or citations towards....
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Wouldn't disagree with you WaldoMag, I certainly wouldn't cite her above other crew I have (I have at least 10 crew if not more that would take precedence over Human Torres.

However, personally if I had this luxury I would find running a competent shuttle crew saves the investment of transmissions and therefore merits. If you have four shuttles your likely to at least send out 8 shuttles daily if not more, so we are talking over 75 merits daily. The other bonus is using said two star crew to free up stronger 3 skill voyage crew.

Regarding mega events there is a boon to citing them of course however the last two have cast some doubt to me:
    Firstly I am not going to compete for top 20 rank, I am however usually going to aim sub 1k, and usually i achieve this. Does that last citation prevent me from achieving that goal? most likely not, it might make it slightly easier in some cases, but it is by no means essential. So in Minuets case (poor dead horse) she has been a one hit wonder, after the event that citation could be considered a very poor investment thank god I didn't use one.
    Similarly despite Kol's decent stats and having 3 skills, the event schedule actually didn't exactly complement the use of putting down a citation on him. Faction was the first event and therefore his 2/5 was the smallest stat boost a citation could provide in an event the stat boost is needed most. Whilst the final event was hybrid so there was some use there for faction and perhaps better SR drop on the galaxy portion. I didn't cite Kol mainly because I miscalculated my honor accumulation, but also after seeing the event schedule I saw very little incentive for doing so. When I landed the likes of Hawk, Braxton, Sisko, L'Rell, Five of Twelve, BO Number 1.

I also use Arena as a mini credit farm.

I think citing any 2 star crew is risky business with perhaps the odd exception like Culber as he still has the best MED base in the game but even if I got him in a Begold he probably wouldn't be top of the agenda in citing for me.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all keep spelling "Hooman" wrong.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I decided to try for Temporal Agent Seven.
    Only was willing do get three packs though not really dil. rich.
    1st pack Tyler
    2nd pack Tyler
    Was going to stop but I got a lot of schematics.
    Only one more set of schematics needed to max Kumari
    So I went ahead and did the last pack I was willing to do.
    Of course i got Human Torres I do not think I have ever airlocked a legendary I might of but do not remember.
    That is what I get for dissing Human Torres.
    Now she will be a slot taker until this game is over.
    Unless future begolds do not give me much choice.
    But that is fine, she can join about a hundred 56 others.
    I wish it would have been Orion Vina instead.
    And, I was never going to think I would get Burnham .

😉
    47 2FFE legendaries, 55 1FFE and now 2 1F now 57 1FFE legendaries, 28 3FFE, 24 4FFE, and 28 immortalized.
    3 dupes, 1 4FFE, 2FFE, and 1 1F level one Mintakan Riker (May eventually air lock him)

Weekend I got a begold not much choice took Warship Tuvok, now I get Human Torres. I might have to keep this Voyager streak going. Actually I recently got a Janeway think it was Klingon. Hmmm Cheesecake (Cue Homer Simpson drooling)

She is my 27th best DIP behind 4 other 1F legendaries.
    frhozh3agqsc.png
    One just before Sato Dancing Uhura is Chancellor L'Rell 1F

Above her in
    4th is North Star Tucker FFFE
    6th is The Professor FFFE
    8th is Etana Jol FFFE
    13th is Grand Nagus Rom FFFE
    Of course 26th Prospero Data FFFE
    my need in this department is minimal there are other skill combinations I need to deal with before I think of DIP ENG. What I showed is from the DIP side I have others better from the ENG side.
    that only adds two better in total ENG DIP skills.
    The Traveller FFFE my 2nd best ENG
    Data V 4FFE my 4th best ENG
    Also 1st beats her with just his ENG Ahdar Ru'afo FFFE (seating in shuttle ENG+DIP) Not sure about others because I cannot remember off hand what the second skill multiplier is. I think it is 1/6th.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't that epi a round about rip off of this epi..... :smiley:
    Who wouldn't want Evil Kirk and Good Kirk?

dd4bh441ddg1.jpg

Given that Kirk is my favorite captain and Torres isn’t even my favorite person on Voyager with engineering skills, I would consider dropping an unseemly amount of dil for Kirk and nothing on today’s pack.

Wow, called that!

Event Crew: Captain Harry Kim 5* (New), Evil Kirk 4* (New), and 1701 Jadzia Dax 4*
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.